PDA

View Full Version : GOP candidate switches races to run against Rep. Grayson

Flash
10-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla., made waves last month when he criticized the Republican plan for health care by saying, “The Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick.” Now a Republican physician is rearranging his plans to challenge Grayson in the 2010 general election.

Dr. Ken Miller planned on challenging Rep. Suzanna Kosmas, D-Fla., in Florida’s 24th Congressional District, but decided to run against Grayson in the 8th District after Republican state Sen. Dan Webster decided not to run.

Miller said in a statement released by his campaign: “My decision was influenced by Grayson’s incendiary and disingenuous comments relative to Republican plans for healthcare reform. As a physician and a Republican, I was and am insulted as much by his arrogance as by the dishonesty of Grayson’s remarks.”

According to the Federal Election Commission’s website, Grayson has two other Republican challengers: Daniel Roy Fanelli and Patricia Sullivan, each with no cash on hand.

The FEC shows Miller still running in the 24th District with $41,452 on hand, and owing $15,000 in debts. Grayson is shown having $477,627 on hand, and owing $1,008,584.

Source: http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2009/10/gop-candidate-switches-races-to-run-against-rep-grayson.html

specsaregood
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Grayson is shown having $477,627 on hand, and owing $1,008,584.

Wowzer. He and Dr. Paul may agree on auditing the fed; but they certainly don't agree when it comes to suckling at the teat of the debt monster......

georgiaboy
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Grayson is shown having $477,627 on hand, and owing $1,008,584.

At least he practices what he preaches :P

KAYA
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
At least he practices what he preaches :P

:D

surf
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Dr. Ken Miller planned on challenging Rep. Suzanna Kosmas, D-Fla., in Florida’s 24th Congressional District, but decided to run against Grayson in the 8th District after Republican state Sen. Dan Webster decided not to run.

what's wrong with this? pick a district to run in? sounds like Keyes running for the Senate in Illinois or Clinton in NY....

LittleLightShining
10-22-2009, 01:57 PM
what's wrong with this? pick a district to run in? sounds like Keyes running for the Senate in Illinois or Clinton in NY....Yeah, what's up with that?

Athan
10-22-2009, 02:14 PM
As long as Greyson is pounding on the fed, I doubt I could stomach another republican who is not similar to Ron Paul.

Flash
10-22-2009, 02:23 PM
As long as Greyson is pounding on the fed, I doubt I could stomach another republican who is not similar to Ron Paul.

At least the entire GOP in the House co-sponsored the HR 1207 bill. Grayson is okay when it comes to the Federal Reserve, but his anti-republican rhetoric is dangerous & it is appeasing the far left.

specsaregood
10-22-2009, 02:32 PM

The Republican is a doctor.....Grayson was a wall street guy......

WClint
10-22-2009, 03:17 PM
That would be a nice blow to the communists if the scumbag Grayson lost :D

TCE
10-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Grayson is good on the Fed, but that's it. We really don't need him. Besides, after the next election, he will be absolutely useless.

HOLLYWOOD
10-22-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't know... every time I hear Grayson now, I feel like I'm Tom Cruise listening to Dustin Hoffman in RAINMAN.

lester1/2jr
10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
if he's as antiwar as grayson is I'll support him but I doubt it. my guess is it's the exact opposite

TCE
10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
if he's as antiwar as grayson is I'll support him but I doubt it. my guess is it's the exact opposite

If he agrees with us on even one thing, then he is equivalent to Grayson. If he agrees on two or more items, then he is better. Gotta keep it in perspective.

EDIT: How is supporting Obama's budget and voting for the Defense Appropriations bill anti-war?

Flash
10-22-2009, 03:37 PM

I don't believe in playing the ideological purity game. I'm fine with moderate interventionism, I just get annoyed at Neo-Con extremism.

If this candidate is more Conservative than Grayson (which I'm guessing he is-- considering he is a Republican) then I wish the best for him.

Imperial
10-22-2009, 05:32 PM
At least the entire GOP in the House co-sponsored the HR 1207 bill. Grayson is okay when it comes to the Federal Reserve, but his anti-republican rhetoric is dangerous & it is appeasing the far left.

The big thing about Grayson is he doesn't just spout out something he doesn't believe. He puts action behind it. He has been ACTIVELY campaigning against the fed. How many Republicans other than Ron Paul can say that? Only a couple.

JoshLowry
10-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Reading about two Graysons every day = confusing.

:o

lester1/2jr
10-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't believe in playing the ideological purity game. I'm fine with moderate interventionism, I just get annoyed at Neo-Con extremism.

If this candidate is more Conservative than Grayson (which I'm guessing he is-- considering he is a Republican) then I wish the best for him.

we are definately at the two opposite ends of the ron paul supporter ideological ...realm.

to me the whole point is anti interventionism abroad. the rest is important but just not on the same life and death level.

at the same time, If we were to go bak to the 1980-2000 way of life where the government wasn't growing in particular at least in scope, we didn't get into any long protracted battles and they didn't mess with the economy I am probably apathetic enough that I would be more or less happy.

then AGAIN, it was ourt bad habits regarding being the worlds police and so forth that came back to haunt us. so 1980-2000 minus the bad habits

Flash
10-23-2009, 01:57 PM
The big thing about Grayson is he doesn't just spout out something he doesn't believe.

If he seriously believes Republicans want us to die then he is scarier than I previously thought and obviously a much larger threat.

lester1/2jr
10-23-2009, 02:09 PM
why? what have they done to demonstrate they have any desire to reform health care OUTSIDE of the government?

I liked John Mackey's suggestions in the WSJ but I don't see any republicans putting any of those forward in any way that will get anyones attention.

squarepusher
10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Grayson is a pimp, hes sticking it to the NWO

AJ Antimony
10-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah Grayson is great on the Fed issue, but is crap on everything else. I wouldn't support him.

It's interesting to note that Peter Schiff once said in a vlog that he donated to Grayson's campaign since he knew him before he became a Congressman and because he said Grayson is probably one of a handful of Congressmen that actually knows how to read a balance sheet.