PDA

View Full Version : Presidential PARDON POWER and Ron Paul: A simply SMASHING combination!

SouthernGuy15
10-01-2007, 04:08 PM
What I'm excited about is how Ron Paul would have the ability to pardon millions of people of "victimless" crimes in which no ones rights were violated.

Some neo-con and/or ultra-liberal trolls are posting SPAM containing rants about how Ron Paul would be a "powerless" president. However, he would be able to....

1) Pardon non-violent drug users who have not violated anyone else's rights.

2) Pardon non-violent gun owners who have not violated any else's rights.

3) Pardon non-violent protesters of the income tax who have no violated anyone else's rights.

4) Pardon non-violent individuals found guilty of other victimless crimes!!!

There are NO restrictions on the power of the president to pardon as many people as he would like. Basically, Ron Paul could eliminate the "War on Drugs", the "War on Guns", and the war on the entire AMERICAN PEOPLE (called the income tax) by utilizing his amazing.....

PARDON POWER!!!!

ctb619
10-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Pardon James Traficant!

mdh
10-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Pardon me.

I belched.

0zzy
10-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Wouldn't there be some type of blowback for this?

Brock Landers
10-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Wouldn't there be some type of blowback for this?

If you're talking about the smoke from a million pot-heads exhaling a sigh of relief, then yes.:D

Man from La Mancha
10-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Pardon all people in prison for those crimes or just the ones in Federal prisons?

austin356
10-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Pardon Mark Emery please!!!

SouthernGuy15
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
All people guilty of victimless crimes should be pardoned.

0zzy
10-01-2007, 06:03 PM
All people guilty of victimless crimes should be pardoned.

Are there no crimes which have no victims that should be punished?

literatim
10-01-2007, 06:15 PM
I really do not expect Ron Paul to start pardoning people that the States have put into prison.

nunaem
10-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Are there no crimes which have no victims that should be punished?

I don't know.. can you think of one?
If there is nobody that is offended or done an injustice to by a particular crime, then is it really a crime?

BarryDonegan
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
he said he would pardon people guilty of federal drug crimes that had not committed a crime with victims in a speech once.

Dartan
10-02-2007, 05:37 AM
he said he would pardon people guilty of federal drug crimes that had not committed a crime with victims in a speech once.

Wow, he's gonna be busy once he gets in the Oval Office.

SpicyItalian739
10-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Pardon James Traficant!

Not only was Traficant from my district, his house is 2 blocks away from mine (Poland, Ohio - suburb of Youngstown).

I have met the man and he is a VERY intelligent, witty, and hillarious person... and I'm sure he was made an example of...

But having said that, I also know what kind of politicians come out of Youngstown and theres no doubt in my mind that some crime was committed. What's the lesson? Don't call for the end of the IRS and the income tax if you've done ANYTHING in your life that they can go after you for.

Ron Paul may be the only man who is squeeky clean enough to win this fight.

american.swan
10-02-2007, 06:45 AM

Ok so that means that enterprising people would take that quote door to door in California to all the people who voted for the state legal weed law and bingo, we have Ron Paul with a load of Cali electoral votes.

TooConservative
10-02-2007, 08:14 AM
This is certainly a campaign issue.

We should try to find some numbers on how much it would save the federal government to free these non-violent convicts. At over $30,000 per convict, it would add up very quickly into the billions.

Promoting the medical marijuana laws and the industrial hemp laws could really rally some voters in key states.

Matt Collins
10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Yes, I don't think RP would pardon anyone that is guilty of violating State laws because as a Constitutionalist I think that would probably go against his values. However anyone convicted of violating federal law, that's fair game.