PDA

View Full Version : Campaign to Oust Dobbs From CNN Heats Up

bobbyw24
10-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Campaign to Oust Dobbs From CNN Heats Up
Digg Tweet By Daphne Eviatar 10/21/09 1:47 PM

Even though CNN refused to run the “Drop Dobbs” ad created by America’s Voice and Media Matters, another coalition of Latino advocacy organizations, undeterred, has started its own anti-Lou Dobbs campaign.

“Basta Dobbs” [translation: "Enough Dobbs"] is sending around this video about CNN anchor Lou Dobbs and his connection to anti-Latino hate crime. Dobbs, of course, has long been a target of criticism from Latino organizations and those who monitor hate groups, because for years he’s obsessively focused on the subject of illegal immigrants in the United States, and regularly refers to “criminal illegal aliens” as the source of many of the country’s worst problems, from rape and murder to failing schools and communicable diseases.

The effort to oust Dobbs from CNN is heating up now because the network has decided, in an effort to cater to the growing Latino population in the United States, to run a new two-part special program called “Latino in America”. Yet “Latino in America,” which premieres tonight and tomorrow, curiously neglects to mention that Dobbs spreads “fear and hatred in our communities,” as Basta Dobbs puts it on the group’s Website.

BastaDobbs.com is organized by Presente.org — a coalition of about 40 Latino organizations in 25 cities across the United States.

Update: Asked for CNN’s response to the “Drop Dobbs” and “Basta Dobbs”

http://washingtonindependent.com/64678/campaign-to-oust-dobbs-from-cnn-heats-up

Cowlesy
10-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Rumor has it Dobbs may go to Fox News.

Reason
10-22-2009, 09:32 AM
so dumb

WClint
10-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Lou Dobbs is CNNs only prime time anchor who does not sit on a rotating rooster every six months (it uses to Roland Martin, Rick Sanchez, Cambel Brown) followed by old as dust Larry King. If they get ride of Lou Dobbs there ratings will plummet to the toilet, let with CNN anchors like Wolf I am so dumb Blizter that I score -1300 on Celebrity Jeopardy, a CNN that is so far in the tank for Obama that it "fact checks a SNL skit".

You dont suppose this has anything to do as a preemptive for them trying to push amnesty again without any dissenting voice, this in the middle of a depression...

mconder
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
How else will CNN maintain their reputation as the only White House approved legitimate news organization, or I should say organ.

Stary Hickory
10-22-2009, 12:02 PM
How else will CNN maintain their reputation as the only White House approved legitimate news organization, or I should say organ.

Yes the 4th branch of the government "media".

sevin
10-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Rumor has it Dobbs may go to Fox News.

I always thought he would fit in better there.

Flash
10-22-2009, 12:53 PM
How can you call opinion shows news shows? At least CNN is filled with Situation Room, AC360, Campbell Brown on prime time instead of pro war propaganda Hannity, Beck, and O'Reilly?

Have you even watched the Lou Dobbs show? He allows people with opposing views on his show and he intelligent disagrees with him. This is much better than Olbermann, O'reilly, or Rachel Maddow.

Deborah K
10-22-2009, 12:54 PM
This cracks me up! Especially in light of the fact that he is married to a Latina and her parents live with them.

Todd
10-22-2009, 01:03 PM
This cracks me up! Especially in light of the fact that he is married to a Latina and her parents live with them.

Ho Ho...that is rich! I thought that too.

Yep...he's a reeeeaaal racist. :rolleyes:

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2007/05/03/image2757181g.jpg

Krugerrand
10-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Obviously Lou is better, but the notion to switch him over to FOX is ridiculous, how is FOX actually going to have real news come out if they only have opinion shows during primetime?

It could make for a more viable product. People can get their news anywhere. They could actually bill themselves as a 'new magazine' style network and drop straight news reporting all together.

I don't have cable ... so I have no preference to what any of the stations do.

Flash
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
FOX has little to no News coming out on Prime time hours, its sad that they can be called a viable network still. MSNBC also comes remarkably close, but to have him kicked off CNN which is their ONLY opinion show during prime time would be a disaster for him, FOX, and CNN. Everyone is all excited that John Stossel left ABC but I don't see him getting viable airtime at FOX, at least he had his own prime time show at ABC...

So you want Fox news to be converted in a 24/7 news network? There's something called the internet which allows us to look up news anytime we want. And if there is an actual important story then it takes up the channel for the whole damn day. Just look at that stupid balloon story.

I want Fox News to have more 'opinion shows' not less.