PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Flash Game Programmers to Beat Pelosi!!!

teacherone
10-22-2009, 04:30 AM
To support John Dennis (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=215671) in his epic battle against Pelosi in California I propose the following fundraising scheme.

Forget moneybombs--those are so 2007!:cool:

We need a cool flash game, something hip, fun, with bitchin' graphics. We'll charge .50$ cent by paypal or any other money tool to play. All proceeds go to John Dennis' campaign.

If this is done right- it can go viral. If a million people pay to "Whack the Witch out of Washington" that's a cool half-mill for Dennis.

Here's some ideas -- Pelosi's head pops out of different Washington monuments and the user beats her back with a scrolled up Constitution.

Or--- Pelosi's head is pitched at the user who must hit it out of the park with the scrolled up Bill of Rights.

Or--- Help Pelosi Get a New Face -- user gets to botox an image of Pelosi and watch the results!!!

Any other ideas???

If we get Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck or any other Pelosi hater to plug one of these games on their show---it could really work.

I have no programming skills--I'm just an ideas man!!

Anybody got the chops!!!????:D

tangent4ronpaul
10-22-2009, 04:58 AM
Shoe / rotten veggies toss - yes, but how about Franks and Reid, etc too. Maybe others.

make it shareware and raise the price a bit. Free use for a week would help it spread or free online version with enhanced capabilities for a for pay, downloadable copy. At 50 cents paypal fees will eat the donations.

make it educational - all the tricks she pulls - last minute bills, phone book sized bills, procedure tricks, etc. to get legislation through. Put a shock collar on her and award points for zapping her every time she pulls one of these. alternate - if they click at the right time (every time she lies) it grows a pinokio(sp?) nose.

game show version with the qustions about the BS she pulls or violations of the constitution.

carnival game - dunk the witch if your baseball hits the target.

paint balloon bombs from a blimp - positive points if you paint pelosi, franks, etc. negative points if you paint paul, dennis, etc.

skateboarding through a croud of congress crittters - points for "tagging" the right ones with a bumper sticker.

-t

teacherone
10-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Cool ideas!! How do we get it off the ground?

I know positively nothing about creating these type of programs???

How do you even turn shareware into payware???

Didn't think about the paypal fees--good catch!!:o

Shoe / rotten veggies toss - yes, but how about Franks and Reid, etc too. Maybe others.

make it shareware and raise the price a bit. Free use for a week would help it spread or free online version with enhanced capabilities for a for pay, downloadable copy. At 50 cents paypal fees will eat the donations.

make it educational - all the tricks she pulls - last minute bills, phone book sized bills, procedure tricks, etc. to get legislation through. Put a shock collar on her and award points for zapping her every time she pulls one of these. alternate - if they click at the right time (every time she lies) it grows a pinokio(sp?) nose.

game show version with the qustions about the BS she pulls or violations of the constitution.

carnival game - dunk the witch if your baseball hits the target.

paint balloon bombs from a blimp - positive points if you paint pelosi, franks, etc. negative points if you paint paul, dennis, etc.

skateboarding through a croud of congress crittters - points for "tagging" the right ones with a bumper sticker.

-t

Warrior_of_Freedom
10-22-2009, 05:52 AM
She will denounce it as terrorist propaganda and you'll all be taken out of your homes in black bags :)

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2009, 07:31 AM
She will denounce it as terrorist propaganda and you'll all be taken out of your homes in black bags :)

that would be perfect

lets hope this gets off the ground and she actualy takes that tactic (- the body bags)

brilliant idea teach wish i knew how to make one but im sure theres someone roundh here with the skills

tangent4ronpaul
10-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Have you asked on Daily Paul and other Paul sites?

FLash programmers are a shortage in our movement. I know of one, and don't know if they do games...

Spread the request...

-t

constituent
10-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Cool ideas!! How do we get it off the ground?

by offering to split the revenue.

coyote_sprit
10-22-2009, 08:42 AM
$0.50 is useless when going through PayPal.

teacherone
10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
by offering to split the revenue.

good idea! like the capitalistic spirit!

teacherone
10-22-2009, 08:43 AM
$0.50 is useless when going through PayPal.

got that already! see above!:D

any idea what people would pay for such a thing?

teacherone
10-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Have you asked on Daily Paul and other Paul sites?

FLash programmers are a shortage in our movement. I know of one, and don't know if they do games...

Spread the request...

-t

haven't spread it! will do!

coyote_sprit
10-22-2009, 08:50 AM
got that already! see above!:D

Nothing, most people play flash games for about 20 minutes and then forget about them.

WClint
10-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Now how do we prevent these games from being crap, one way seems to offer a profit share (they now have an incentive to make a good game). How do we know the person simply wont "screw us over" and keep the profits for themselves, well it would make sense that we can use the same person to do similar projects in the future, such with Peter Schiff etc.

While its true most people do not expect to pay anything for flash games the same can not said of downloadables. For example I can program but can not do art.

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Nothing, most people play flash games for about 20 minutes and then forget about them.

i think alot of people would pay a buck or two maybe even five for some "special weapons" if the "free version" was fun to play especialy if the money was going toward unseating her

coyote_sprit
10-22-2009, 09:10 AM
i think alot of people would pay a buck or two maybe even five for some "special weapons" if the "free version" was fun to play especialy if the money was going toward unseating her

Speaking from personal experience I tend to steer clear of games that require you to pay to unlock features. That's why I don't buy games that give special offers for buying at Gamestop, Steam, etc.

constituent
10-22-2009, 09:12 AM

its merit wouldn't be as a game people pay for, but rather as a "neat" way of raising money. you'd have to make it base enough to get attention, but not crude to the point that it turns people off.

bad ideas might include:

"Bitch Slap Pelosi"
(a game where you have to protect your
cash from getting snatched by 'Bitch Slapping Pelosi™')

"Street Sweeper"
(a game where you clear the d.c. streets of congress critters
with your weapon of choice)

Good Luck!

teacherone
10-22-2009, 09:13 AM

don't like this answer :mad:

Speaking from personal experience I tend to steer clear of games that require you to pay to unlock features. That's why I don't buy games that give special offers for buying at Gamestop, Steam, etc.

this one's better!;)

teacherone
10-22-2009, 09:15 AM
its merit wouldn't be as a game people pay for, but rather as a "neat" way of raising money. you'd have to make it base enough to get attention, but not crude to the point that it turns people off.

bad ideas might include:

"Bitch Slap Pelosi"

"Street Sweeper"
(a game where you clear the d.c. streets of congress critters
with your weapon of choice)

Good Luck!

true! i'll start work on a support blog and if i can get the game made post it on the site. Target it to people interested in supporting John Dennis and Bitch Slapping Pelosi!!

DirtMcGirt
10-22-2009, 09:15 AM
I would make it for free a with a John Dennis Donate screen after each round.

teacherone
10-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I would make it for free a with a John Dennis Donate screen after each round.

Sweet Jesus---when can you start!!!

Or was this a hypothetical statement??;):confused:

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2009, 09:19 AM

ya i remember your thread on that and i think that kinda stuffs lame to but i think this idea is cut from a different cloth being that people wouldnt have to pay for the basic version would be free to all and nobody is gettin ripped off

constituent
10-22-2009, 09:19 AM
each level should take place in different settings w/ different costumes... like an "ancient rome" level, an "old west" level, etc.

constituent
10-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Donors' "High Scores" get listed on the site, updated to the minute.

Freedom 4 all
10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Maybe in addition to the computer we could get it put on psn, wii store or whatever XBOX 360 uses in downloadable content for like 5$ (cheap for a DLC console game).

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
on second though maybe it should just be free with links to donate + that would remove the problem of paypal fees for small transaction

DirtMcGirt
10-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Sweet Jesus---when can you start!!!

Or was this a hypothetical statement??;):confused:

Sorry, terrible wording. DirtMcgirt has No flash skills.

Brian4Liberty
10-22-2009, 02:05 PM
on second though maybe it should just be free with links to donate + that would remove the problem of paypal fees for small transaction

I agree. It's about publicity. It should be humorous so it will go viral. And this is San Francisco, so it should not be insulting to the average lefty there...

Kylie
10-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Don't charge anything and it will go viral.

If you make them understand that this is a game and if they donate it will possibly unseat the bitch, you're gonna get money.

And the internet is a beautiful thing. Many millions would be playing right now if you could find someone to make it.

:)