PDA

View Full Version : John Stossel on Glenn Beck 10/21

emazur
10-21-2009, 08:20 PM
vid is on his site under 10/21:
http://www.foxnews.com/glennbeck/
the other stories for the day also look interesting (Mao, dollar collapse domino theory, progressive tactics)

Dianne
10-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Beck blew him off...you can tell lots of confusion at the end.

Fr3shjive
10-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Wsa Beck high?

Fr3shjive
10-21-2009, 08:47 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=011008&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=10874568&referralPlaylistId=playlist

Epic
10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
I think Stossel understood Beck was just kidding around at the end.

sevin
10-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Wsa Beck high?

He sure seemed high. This is why I can't stand watching Glenn Beck. He's such a fucking clown. It's okay to joke around a little, but he's way too over-the-top when dealing with very serious issues like this one. It's like he's telling us, "Well, all we can do is laugh." Fuck that.

FSP-Rebel
10-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Beck blew him off...you can tell lots of confusion at the end.
I never got that impression, seems like it was all in fun.

rprprs
10-21-2009, 09:47 PM
He sure seemed high. This is why I can't stand watching Glenn Beck. He's such a fucking clown. It's okay to joke around a little, but he's way too over-the-top when dealing with very serious issues like this one. It's like he's telling us, "Well, all we can do is laugh." Fuck that.

^ this.

The clowning, the hysterics, the hyperbole, the crocodile tears, the facial mugging...all over the top, and it pisses me off no end.
How can he expect to be taken seriously? Very serious issues played for effect. Ugh!:(

SimpleName
10-22-2009, 03:18 AM
Stossel was run over. Beck does this to most guests. "Wait, wait, wait just a second" And then he never gets back to them *cough*Kayne West*cough*. That said, Stossel constantly refuses to shove his foot in the door. He cowers on O'Reilly, allowing his ideas to be steamrolled. Here he was fully welcomed and still didn't go with the flow. Who else on cable news fully welcomes and usually embraces Stossel's ideas like Beck?

Beck uses humor to lighten the mood from the morbid crap he talks about. The pidgin messaging thing today was a great example. I think he should use more of it. Less with his guests, but more in general.

Anyway thinking maybe Beck could have Stossel in as guest host? Few days Stossel, fews days Judge Nap?

lester1/2jr
10-22-2009, 08:42 AM
I didn't see it but the thing I don't like about Reason type libertarians is they are terrified to talk about anything besides stereotypical "libertarian" things like gay marriage and pot legalization.

the more interesting libertarian issues are foreign policy and monetary policy. but the old beltweay guard of libertarians are so craven to big corporations for their funding they won't discuss that stuff most of the time