PDA

View Full Version : Should HQ Keep the Thermometer

ghemminger
10-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Email to HQ Subject: 4th Quarter Thermometer
Hello Dr. Paul,

A couple of fellows from one of your meet-up groups had a wonderful idea. It would be great if you could maintain a thermometer for quarter 4 with a goal of 10 million or so and have weekly goals to keep people motivated throughout the quarter.

That way your supporters can see how the campaign donations are increasing on a regular basis and it will surly keep us all motivated to help support you and your wonderful message for America and Freedom!!!

So, what do you say Mr. Paul? Does that sound like a great plan for our campaign and would you be willing to do it?

Thank you for your time, and God bless you for your love of America and the "true" American way of life.

Sincerely,

My Name

Edited by roadhogg on Sep 30, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Acknowledgement of 4th Quarter Thermometer Email to Dr. Paul

Ray,

Thank you for your support and that idea. I like it! I'll forward it to the fundraising director to see what he thinks!

Sincerely,
Andrew
Ron Paul 2008

Will keep ya posted

TechnoGuyRob
10-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Check out this topic:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20835

:-)

libertythor
10-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Yes it ought to be. There should also be state-by-state graphs on a separate pages that measure absolute and per capita numbers to make a nice competition between regions.

The per capita category will give people in states with small populations a reason to participate!

paulitics
10-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Yes it ought to be. There should also be state-by-state graphs on a separate pages that measure absolute and per capita numbers to make a nice competition between regions.

The per capita category will give people in states with small populations a reason to participate!

good idea. OR how about a day by day goal. Compare each day of this quarter to each day of last quarter's fundraising total to see how much we win.

erowe1
10-01-2007, 04:58 PM
No way. They've gotta keep control of when and how they release that information. There's no need for HQ to voluntarily take on an obligation to make an entire quarter's online donations public in real time when the law doesn't require it.

Original_Intent
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
No way. They've gotta keep control of when and how they release that information. There's no need for HQ to voluntarily take on an obligation to make an entire quarter's online donations public in real time when the law doesn't require it.

/agree

I think doing a couple of thermometers during the quarter for a week would be fun and motivational, but why would you want to telegraph your earnings to the other candidates and the Old Media?

hard@work
10-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Personally I think they should save them for rush donation times. It's at least one way we can organize without being organized.