PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation Republicans will be the "Ron Paul Party"

bobbyw24
10-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Democrats and Republicans, a generation from now
Posted on October 21st, 2009 by David Lindsay

A generation from now, the Democrats will be different but recognizable, the heirs and person of Barack Obama. But the Republicans will be completely different, the heirs of the late Ron Paul, never President despite his Nobel Peace Prize

With the long-ago passage of universal public healthcare, the old Republicans will finally have run out of anything to say, having sold the paleocon pass on trade and war to Obama, and everyone having seen through their con trick on abortion. So the people with things to say will have set about replacing them, especially after Palin lost every state in 2012. It is not unusual for parties to define themselves against their own past Leaders. The Tories over here are currently doing so. If Labour wants to survive, then it will have to do so, too. And in a generation’s time, both American parties will be defined against George Bush, which in the Democrats’ case will also mean against Bill Clinton. The nomination of Barack rather than Hillary was the beginning of that process. This Administration is the definitive break with NAFTA, with GATT, and with the bombing to smithereens of here, there and everywhere.

Of the Barack Obama Party and the Ron Paul Party, for which are they going to vote, and why? It would take a heart of stone not to laugh.

http://www.amconmag.com/postright/2009/10/21/democrats-and-republicans-a-generation-from-now/

Matt Collins
10-21-2009, 08:51 AM
I didn't care for the way it was written.

brandon
10-21-2009, 08:54 AM

Me neither.

bobbyw24
10-21-2009, 08:55 AM

Agree-but I do like the idea of the next generation GOP embracing the ideals of Ron Paul

justinc.1089
10-21-2009, 09:43 AM
That was the strangest article I have read in awhile. I think it was trying to slam Ron Paul while saying we are going to succeed in taking over the party.

For example it said the Republican party would be the Ron Paul party but yet also said the Republicans would not take on government healthcare for fear of political suicide.

bobbyw24
10-21-2009, 09:51 AM
That was the strangest article I have read in awhile. I think it was trying to slam Ron Paul while saying we are going to succeed in taking over the party.

You nailed it

Darin Juluis
10-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Thats it!!!

orafi
10-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Did it also imply that Ron Paul won't be alive when it happens?

torchbearer
10-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Did it also imply that Ron Paul won't be alive when it happens?

Ron will live to 120 years.

Matt Collins
10-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Ron will live to 120 years.
No... he'll live forever!:)

NYgs23
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
No... he'll live forever!:)

Like Gandalf, he won't age, but will depart into the West once the dark powers have been defeated.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/05/ronpaul.jpg