PDA

View Full Version : SHOCKER: Obama Czar Agrees With Mao, Too, and Thinks Free Market is Nonsense

WClint
10-21-2009, 06:03 AM
:mad:
YouTube - SHOCKER: Obama Czar Agrees With Mao, Too, and Thinks Free Market is Nonsense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27cXXirAIw4&feature=sub)

SelfTaught
10-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Yeah, big shocker. His administration is full of loonies, communists, and anti capitalists. During Obama's campaign it was revealed that he hung around and associated himself with marxist radicals, home-grown terrorists, and black liberation theologians. Why didn't anybody take that seriously? The man has never accomplished anything in his life, he is all talk. Give him a chance and he will destroy America and put in it's place a Communist regime with no hope of restoring the freedom and prosperity we once had.

sevin
10-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Give him a chance and he will destroy America and put in it's place a Communist regime with no hope of restoring the freedom and prosperity we once had.

There's always hope.

SelfTaught
10-21-2009, 08:39 AM
There's always hope.

If we let him get away with what his administration is proposing, that will PROVE that the American people are so removed from the principles of the founding fathers that it might as well be hopeless. Keep in mind that the founding fathers rebeled against much milder policies than the ones in place today.

RevolutionSD
10-21-2009, 09:00 AM
"Political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun"

Where is he wrong here?

Andrew-Austin
10-21-2009, 09:08 AM
What I got from that is, "the free market is nonsense in that it does not pay satisfactory wages to us, we are aware of the means in which we acquire an income above the free market level through the cohercion of politics, but we are not out to play nice."

Sounds exactly like something any douche bag union leader would say.

"Political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun"

Where is he wrong here?

He isn't wrong, he just shares Mao's unabashed support for using that gun.

constituent
10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
If we let him get away with what his administration is proposing, that will PROVE that the American people are so removed from the principles of the founding fathers that it might as well be hopeless. Keep in mind that the founding fathers rebeled against much milder policies than the ones in place today.

What then?

SelfTaught
10-21-2009, 10:13 AM
What then?

You tell me.

Even if we stopped all the economic policies of today, the dollar would still fall, because the dollar has been the reserve currency for decades. Our trade deficits and shrinking manufacturing base would mean that our dollar would be worth much less regardless of how aggressively we changed our monetary policy.

When prices for consumer goods double, triple, even quadruple, do you think Americans won't look for relief from the government? That will be the ultimate test of the American people's resilience. If the OPEC countries decide not to use the dollar anymore for oil transactions, how much do you think gas prices will rise? If gas prices rise substantially, the cost of delivering food and other products would force food distribution to be limited to fewer areas. These are all within the realm of possiblilty.

You tell me what the silver lining is in all this madness. Like Peter Schiff has said many times, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

You tell me.

A. Havnes
10-21-2009, 10:20 AM
This is insanity! The whole country is nothing but a big looney bin, full of loons who accuse the sane of madness!

erowe1
10-21-2009, 10:29 AM
OK, this guy's obviously no fan of freedom, and for that reason I'm not fan of him.

But his quote from Mao that he agrees with is unimpeachable. He says he agrees with him that, "Political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun." Does anybody disagree? I can blame this guy for a lot of things he says here, but agreeing with Mao on a true statement he made is not one of them.

catdd
10-21-2009, 10:38 AM
"Political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun."

Sounds like he's talking about a police state and the subjects must be ruled with an iron hand.
The people must be forced to obey the will of the elites rather than having their own free will.
Then again, he could be referring to world conquest.

torchbearer
10-21-2009, 10:41 AM
OK, this guy's obviously no fan of freedom, and for that reason I'm not fan of him.

But his quote from Mao that he agrees with is unimpeachable. He says he agrees with him that, "Political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun." Does anybody disagree? I can blame this guy for a lot of things he says here, but agreeing with Mao on a true statement he made is not one of them.

The first star wars movie had a good quote for the grand admiral of the death star. "we do not rule by force, but by the fear of force"
If you can get governments to control the weapons- then the people will fear the force of government. if people control the weapons- then the government will fear the force of the people.
The means to kill puts fear in people. That fear can either be used to control the government or used to control the people.

angelatc
10-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Scary stuff.