PDA

View Full Version : Political Simulation Games

AshleyLawsonEire
10-21-2009, 05:47 AM
Anyone know any that actually reward Libertarian philosophy ?

Elwar
10-21-2009, 07:22 AM
I played The Political Machine (http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=77007082/search=the%20political%20machine%202008/st=query) and tried to be a staunch libertarian and I can only get as far as losing to Thomas Jefferson (who the computer shows as supporting gun control?). I always have Ron Paul as my VP :)

I like to play games like Alpha Centauri as a libertarian run society (no taxes, no initiation of force, no police state)...if you can survive the early attacks your society grows to become hugely advanced, all of your people are happy and rich.

krazy kaju
10-21-2009, 08:39 AM
I play Hearts of Iron II. Playing on a New Right platform (max free markets, max [foreign policy] interventionism) gives you a killer economy, since you can produce industrial capacity (IC) and infrastructure faster than anyone else. Playing on a non-interventionist libertarian platform (max free markets, max isolationism) slows your production time, but it increases how much money you get from producing consumer goods, which in turn increases how much technological research you can fund. Research is important in the game, since it can improve your industrial capacity if you research the right techs (e.g. manufacturing tools, assembly line, etc.).

Elwar
10-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Playing on a non-interventionist libertarian platform (max free markets, max isolationism).

If the game allows for trade with other countries, I'd try to trade with all willing nations...that usually helps to keep them from attacking you.

the libertarian platform is not "max isolationism".