PDA

View Full Version : Attention! Ron Paul TV Commercials to Air on WMUR-TV!

skiingff
10-01-2007, 03:05 PM
The Ron Paul mosaic ad commercial: http://www.alcpac.com/rp_30sec_ver4.mov will air on WMUR-TV ABC 9 New Hampshire. The commercial has already been sent in, all the paperwork has been complete, and we have $5,000 to work with. All we need to do is choose a schedule and the ads can start airing on Thursday.

The airtime rates are here: http://www.opnh.org/wmur.pdf

Right now our options are 13 spots on the Ellen DeGeneres show or Martha; 7 spots on The View; 6 spots on Oprah Winphrey; 10 spots on The Jimmy Kimmel Show; 5 spots on the NH Weekend Chronicle (Sat. 7-8pm); or 13 spots on Close-Up NH (a political talk show Sun. 10a-10:30a). We could also do any combination thereof.

As you can see from the PDF file, Close-Up has the most viewers for the lowest cost. Under '000' it shows you the amount of viewers - just add 000 to the number (eg 9.6 = 96,000 viewers).

Also, 12 spots should be airing on Fox News primetime (4pm-12am) in the Merrimack/Londonderry areas of New Hampshire all this week. Please report to me if you live in NH and see the spot on TV.

FluffyUnbound
10-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Congratulations!

Are you putting out a press release about this purely supporter-driven effort?

Be sure to include lines about how you promoted and coordinated setting this up on "blogs" and "message boards". Clueless journalists still love to write articles about these exotica.

adpierce
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Very simple, well done, short and sweet. You ought to feel proud of your efforts. It looks very professional.

yoshimaroka
10-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Very impressive

constituent
10-01-2007, 03:18 PM
great job skiing!

DjLoTi
I say do 2-3 on Oprah, and the rest on close-up NH

itsnobody
This is GREAT! Now they should also try to get that Ron Paul apple-like commercial to air on TV

BTW do you know the exact time/date it will air yet?

Chester Copperpot
10-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I say go with the close UP NH thing... Oprah is campaigning for Obama so I think thats a waste... The political people watching that program are probalby more likely to vote in primaries. just my opinion.. I have no facts to back this up with.

Elwar
10-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I'd mix and match if you can.

Is the CPM cost per million?

If so, you should go for a mix of the cheapest 3 or so CPM.

DrNoZone
10-01-2007, 03:21 PM
You guys deserve a huge thanks from every RP supporter! NH is such an important state to win and this ad will go a long ways. Very professional too!

I recommend going for the largest number of spots you possibly can with the money you have. I'm not sure any of the spots you mentioned are any better than the others. At this point, it's eyeballs that will give you the most bang.

Grandson of Liberty
10-01-2007, 03:24 PM
This is GREAT! Now they should also try to get that Ron Paul apple-like commercial to air on TV

Apple might have a little something to say about that.

skiingff
10-01-2007, 03:25 PM
BTW do you know the exact time/date it will air yet?

We can be as specific as airing the ads during certain shows. Certain shows are only 30 min or 1 hour in length, on certain days. Each show has their own price per spot (see the PDF file).

Where the PDF says 'Rate,' is the cost per spot.

Due to what I've received in donations ($3,000), we only have $5,000 to work with.

Joe Mershon at M Power Media is the liaison. This is a joint effort between Op NH/AUF PAC, ALCPAC, Joe Mershon, and WMUR-TV.

itsnobody
10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't think apple will really care, maybe we can get them to support Ron Paul too ;)

We can be as specific as airing the ads during certain shows. Certain shows are only 30 min or 1 hour in length, on certain days. Each show has their own price per spot (see the PDF file).

Where the PDF says 'Rate,' is the cost per spot.

Due to what I've received in donations ($3,000), we only have $5,000 to work with.

Joe Mershon at M Power Media is the liaison. This is a joint effort between Op NH/AUWF PAC, ALCPAC, Joe Mershon, and WMUR-TV.
Wait..isn't $5,000 the maximum you can spend on a presidential ad anyway? Isn't that part of FEC rules or can you just spend and advertise as much as you want?

angrydragon
10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Nicely done!

MsDoodahs
10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Skiing, I owe you some money.

Where do I send the money?

DjLoTi
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
5,000 is the max an individual can contribute to a PAC, not how much a PAC can spend towards a campaign.

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
kick ass! here we come!

skiingff
10-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Skiing, I owe you some money.

Where do I send the money?

Donations can be PayPal'ed to donate@opnh.org or on the website opnh.org with a credit card or PayPal

ghemminger
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
OMFG - you guys are awsome!

Thom1776
And This Commercial Blows.

itsnobody
5,000 is the max an individual can contribute to a PAC, not how much a PAC can spend towards a campaign.

Oh thanks, so whats the max for the PAC?

ctb619
10-01-2007, 03:40 PM
a lot....MoveOn is a PAC

skiingff
10-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh thanks, so whats the max for the PAC?

http://www.fec.gov/pdf/nongui.pdf

It doesn't list any spending limit for the PAC, and even if it did, we wouldn't exceed it anyway.

McDermit
10-01-2007, 03:51 PM
What ever happened to the professional ad you were coordinating with some LA people?

I'd do one on ellen/martha, one on kimmel, DEFINITELY one on Oprah (not everyone who watches is a sheep,) and then the rest on Close-Up NH.

Tina
10-01-2007, 03:52 PM
It's a beautiful thing!! Very cool.:)

slantedview
10-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Congrats

mavtek
10-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Can you pick which episode of Oprah you run it on? If she has a guest on that is somewhat political, or has to do with economics we should run at least 1 ad toward the end of the show.

MsDoodahs
10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Donations can be PayPal'ed to donate@opnh.org or on the website opnh.org with a credit card or PayPal

Thank you! I'll get it to you either tonight or tomorrow. :)

skiingff
10-01-2007, 04:06 PM
What ever happened to the professional ad you were coordinating with some LA people?

It was called off due to the $7,500 USC filming permit cost (http://www.usc.edu/pr/filming/fees/) and the $7,000 cost for the commercial itself. We just didn't have the time to obtain the filming permit or the money to move forward with it. HOWEVER, we found a Flordia Meetup organizer who said she'd look into doing it. I will follow up with the Florida Meetup organizer who is supposed to be working on it in Flordia and ask her if she's made any progress. I have her phone # so will follow up tonight. She is a film school senior/graduate who has access to HDTV cameras, a studio, lighting, sound, editing, etc for FREE.

speciallyblend
10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
GREAT JOB,i dont have much money,but let me know when you want to ski colorado can get you some good hook ups;)

Jared Callanan
10-01-2007, 04:11 PM
I might recommend one on Jimmy Kimmel simply because that appears to be the only show listed that would have a good amount of younger voters watching.

Spirit of '76
10-01-2007, 04:11 PM

Where's the commercial you've made and arranged to air? :rolleyes:

MsDoodahs
10-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I might recommend one on Jimmy Kimmel simply because that appears to be the only show listed that would have a good amount of younger voters watching.

Younger voters use the internet - I would think we already have a lot of them. Television is the way to connect with the older demographic that we are missing, that we can't reach via the internet.

Just my thought...

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Skiing...

When will the editing be done on this one? http://www.spotrunner.com/Ads/Host/Play.aspx?cde=AQGE

I really like it.

If this gets done right away, I will contribute towards airing it in New Hampshire.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Younger voters use the internet - I would think we already have a lot of them. Television is the way to connect with the older demographic that we are missing, that we can't reach via the internet.

Just my thought...

Except Obama has one ton of young people. You would be amazed.

happyphilter
10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
cant say im gonna donate for this ad. I really dont like it. the voices distract from the message.

Badger Paul
10-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Oustanding, Outstanding, Outstanding! Good work guys!

What we need to do is expand Operation New Hampshire to the five small states we need to either win or compete well in in January. Call it Operation January. Operation Big Five: Wyoming, Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina. That way we can pool our resources so that creators can submit radio and TV ads, money can be sent to purchase time, publish rates in each state, have volunteers make ad buys in different markets and have schedules go out when such ads will appear, either radio, TV and newspaper as well, just as we did before the Iowa Straw Poll.

itsnobody
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
We need to air more commercials...we need a highly effective commercial attacking other candidates and showing Ron Paul as the best candidate

Blowback
10-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Really like it - great job!

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
cant say im gonna donate for this ad. I really dont like it. the voices distract from the message.

That's what I think. I like the original version much better. But, I guess this is better than nothing.

I'm interested in this one being aired, after the edits have been made.
http://www.spotrunner.com/Ads/Host/Play.aspx?cde=AQGE

But, Skiingff didn't stay on here long enough to answer when it might be ready. So, who knows?

V4Vendetta
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
The Ron Paul mosaic ad commercial: http://www.alcpac.com/rp_30sec_ver4.mov will air on WMUR-TV ABC 9 New Hampshire. The commercial has already been sent in, all the paperwork has been complete, and we have $5,000 to work with. All we need to do is choose a schedule and the ads can start airing on Thursday.

Right now our options are 13 spots on the Ellen DeGeneres show or Martha; 7 spots on The View; 6 spots on Oprah Winphrey; 10 spots on The Jimmy Kimmel Show; 5 spots on the NH Weekend Chronicle (Sat. 7-8pm); or 13 spots on Close-Up NH (a political talk show Sun. 10a-10:30a). We could also do any combination thereof.

As you can see from the PDF file, Close-Up has the most viewers for the lowest cost. Under '000' it shows you the amount of viewers - just add 000 to the number (eg 9.6 = 96,000 viewers).

Also, 12 spots should be airing on Fox News primetime (4pm-12am) in the Merrimack/Londonderry areas of New Hampshire all this week. Please report to me if you live in NH and see the spot on TV.

Our Nation is 231 years young! Not 221!

V4Vendetta
10-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Decent commercial But our nation is over 230 years old, not 220 years old

BAD MATH whoever did that

Blowback
10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
That's what I think. I like the original version much better. But, I guess this is better than nothing.

I'm interested in this one being aired, after the edits have been made.

But, Skiingff didn't stay on here long enough to answer when it might be ready. So, who knows?

I like that one but why is the War is Peace Freedom.... thing in there? I think it makes it seem like that is what Ron believes. Besides that I love it.

skiingff
10-01-2007, 04:56 PM
i would do it during the 6am to 7am people are on there radios or tv and there intelligent watching the news you know?

Yes, but is $4,000 for ONE spot worth it? Check the PDF: http://www.opnh.org/wmur.pdf

We can air the commercial on *ANY* show or multiple shows. But I recommended the shows where it would be cheaper to do so, so we can get higher frequency

skiingff
10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Skiing...

When will the editing be done on this one? http://www.spotrunner.com/Ads/Host/Play.aspx?cde=AQGE

I really like it.

If this gets done right away, I will contribute towards airing it in New Hampshire.

Wednesday.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 04:58 PM
You know what I think would be a cute way of ending this commercial?

Is if we showed that clip of that little boy yelling Ron Paul at the Iowa rally. You know, the one that we held next door to the one which we weren't invited to.

Do you know the clip I'm talking about Skiingff?

skiingff
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Can you pick which episode of Oprah you run it on? If she has a guest on that is somewhat political, or has to do with economics we should run at least 1 ad toward the end of the show.

I'm not sure. Joe Mershon with MPower Media would know. 1-888-232-9862 x 703 call up and ask him. He's our ad agency rep. If not, I will ask him this question next time I speak to him (tomorrow).

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I like that one but why is the War is Peace Freedom.... thing in there? I think it makes it seem like that is what Ron believes. Besides that I love it.

That's one of the reasons it is being edited. That is coming out.

skiingff
10-01-2007, 05:02 PM

There are 2 different versions. The original, with only one voice, which people complained about. The new one, with multiple voices, that people are also complaining about. If you guys don't like the multiple voices we can send Joe Mershon the ad with the single voice.

Also, we have the two SpotRunner ads.

4 to choose from.

skiingff
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
[...] our nation is over 230 years old, not 220 years old

This has been debated extensively, and we all agreed on the date. I think it's from the date the Constitution took effect or something.

McDermit
10-01-2007, 05:09 PM
You can do a single voice.. but it should sound professional. The inflection and emphasis in the original wasn't quite on.

"This is not right" doesn't sound right to me in either version. The kid is better than the dude though.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Skiingff,

Maybe we haven't heard the one that you mentioned about the voices being blended because it's not on the website. Can you link to it here so we can listen to it please?

The way it stands now, I much prefer the one voice, although I agree with McDermit that it should be re-recorded with a professional.

AdamT
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Decent commercial But our nation is over 230 years old, not 220 years old

BAD MATH whoever did that

The Constitution just celebrated it's 220th anniversary on September 17th. 220 is correct.

Our Constitution: 220 Years And Counting (http://www.aclu-sc.org/ourconstitution/forum/38/our-constitution-220-years-and-counting)

skiingff
10-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Skiingff,

Maybe we haven't heard the one that you mentioned about the voices being blended because it's not on the website. Can you link to it here so we can listen to it please?

The way it stands now, I much prefer the one voice, although I agree with McDermit that it should be re-recorded with a professional.

Talk to AdamT about that and it can be seen on http://www.alcpac.com

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 05:32 PM
It's just my opinion, but I don't like it. I hate to say it, but the kid's voice is screechy and all the different voices make it very hard to concentrate on what is being said.

Isn't it possible to hire a professional to record it? You know, with just one professional voice? It's not very expensive and it would be well worth it. Lord Xar could hook you up with someone if that's the issue.

Ozwest
10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Not to be negative, but the audio on the ad sounds choppy and garbled. The kid sounds off. What about a male speaker with a deep resonating voice? My 2 cents.

TooConservative
10-01-2007, 05:42 PM
It's really inspiring to see this. I've never seen a grassroots effort like this one. Newspaper ads, billboards, radio ads, now even TV ads.

Amazing.

Dave Wood
10-01-2007, 05:53 PM
You guys are flat out incredible! You know that..........I ran this past my wife and told her to put her brain in "hurried" mode "soccer mom etc. and asked her if this would catch her attention on the tube. Her response was simple, it is like someone is grabbing your arm that you dont know, of course you are going to pay attention to that!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked her if she would remember it. Her response, it is biting! You never hear anything about the "Founding fathers or the Constitution" in a COMMERCIAL. She believes the busybees will get it and want to know more.

I LOVE IT!!!! Great job!

Man from La Mancha
10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Could you put these commercials on YouTube, for some reason my quicktime won't let me see it just the sound and besides more people will get to see it, of course after you start running it.

Electrostatic
10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
It's just my opinion, but I don't like it. I hate to say it, but the kid's voice is screechy and all the different voices make it very hard to concentrate on what is being said.

Isn't it possible to hire a professional to record it? You know, with just one professional voice? It's not very expensive and it would be well worth it. Lord Xar could hook you up with someone if that's the issue.

I agree 100% I love what you guys have done, and thank yo SO MUCH for doing it, but you need a better voice track.

Nathan Hale
10-01-2007, 06:35 PM

Speaking as a marketing professional, I'd do 10 spots on Jimmy Kimmel.

skiingff
10-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Could you put these commercials on YouTube, for some reason my quicktime won't let me see it just the sound and besides more people will get to see it, of course after you start running it.

It's on YouTube here:
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=american+liberty+coalition+pa c&search=Search

Nathan Hale
10-01-2007, 06:44 PM
I just watched the ad, and I have a slight problem with it. My problem is with the voices.

Having the varied voices is great, it shows that Paul's support is grassroots and viral. Children are normally a great addition to a campaign commercial, they're great as props for the candidate to be seen hugging or talking to. However, having them actually speak out in favor of the candidate is BAD, IMHO.

We all know that children, especially the two (?) young children featured in the ad, aren't old enough to think about social philosophy in any real sense of the term. So if the kids are speaking out, and yet not able to know what they're talking about, then they're just being used as propaganda. When the kids simply appear as props it's fine, because they're not endorsing the candidate, they're just being kids. But when kids actually speak the message, that crosses the line.

Man from La Mancha
10-01-2007, 07:53 PM
It's on YouTube here:
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=american+liberty+coalition+pa c&search=Search

Thanks, I love the children speaking it is their future we are trying to save. People like the sound of young children, it brings out their protective instincts. It also attracts children's ears and they might tell their parents. Good job!

wgadget
10-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Which son did Abraham kill?

He didn't kill any son...:confused:

Syren123
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Utterly awesome.

Taco John
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I just watched the ad, and I have a slight problem with it. My problem is with the voices.

Having the varied voices is great, it shows that Paul's support is grassroots and viral. Children are normally a great addition to a campaign commercial, they're great as props for the candidate to be seen hugging or talking to. However, having them actually speak out in favor of the candidate is BAD, IMHO.

We all know that children, especially the two (?) young children featured in the ad, aren't old enough to think about social philosophy in any real sense of the term. So if the kids are speaking out, and yet not able to know what they're talking about, then they're just being used as propaganda. When the kids simply appear as props it's fine, because they're not endorsing the candidate, they're just being kids. But when kids actually speak the message, that crosses the line.

As a marketing professional myself, I have to agree with this. I find their voiced distracting from the message. I find myself thinking about their unconvincing delivery, and not what is being said. By the end of it, I've lost the entire message, though I snap out of the fog once Ron Paul speaks.

I love the commercial with the people, but I wish they'd lose the kids.

terlinguatx
10-01-2007, 08:43 PM

happyphilter
10-01-2007, 08:55 PM
As a marketing professional myself, I have to agree with this. I find their voiced distracting from the message. I find myself thinking about their unconvincing delivery, and not what is being said. By the end of it, I've lost the entire message, though I snap out of the fog once Ron Paul speaks.

I love the commercial with the people, but I wish they'd lose the kids.
Defiantly. After listening to that I didnt get one damn thing out of it because all i could think about is the voices. it just dosent work. for whatever reason.
If its not too late id pick one of the good ads already out there to run and keep this one as a work in progress.
We all appreciate the effort, but we gotta make every dollar count.

terlinguatx
10-01-2007, 08:56 PM

BW4Paul
10-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Regarding the kids, while I am sympathetic to the argument that they're being used as "propaganda," I really would like to see them stay in. Why? Women voters.

As a woman myself, I can assure you that I snap to attention when I hear "cute" kid voices talking. I'm pretty sure that many other women do as well. Whether this response is due to biological nature or sociological nurture is irrelevant... the point is that the phenomenon exists. And while I'm sure that some women do not have this reaction (each of us is an individual, you know ;) ), I think that many do.

L/libertarianism often comes under attack for being too coldly logical. The kids' voices soften the message and make it more approachable for women and other more "touchy feely" types.

Man from La Mancha
10-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Defiantly. After listening to that I didnt get one damn thing out of it because all i could think about is the voices. it just dosent work. for whatever reason.
If its not too late id pick one of the good ads already out there to run and keep this one as a work in progress.
We all appreciate the effort, but we gotta make every dollar count.

Taco John

So are you saying it forced your mind to listen to it and then when the ambiguity of the voices mesmerized you, it shocked you into Ron Paul?:)

terlinguatx
10-01-2007, 09:09 PM

NPursuit357
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Thank god! While I'm not crazy about the slightly annoying little girl's voice. I am very happy to see there will be some TV ads running. Good job! BTW I like the Restore the Republic slogan at the end.

daviddee
10-01-2007, 09:20 PM

McDermit
10-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Thank god! While I'm not crazy about the slightly annoying little girl's voice. I am very happy to see there will be some TV ads running. Good job! BTW I like the Restore the Republic slogan at the end.

haha, i thought it was a boy :o

10thAmendmentMan
10-01-2007, 09:23 PM
When you get the spots finalized, please list times so that those of us that get channel 9 can watch. :)

daviddee
10-01-2007, 09:26 PM

daviddee
10-01-2007, 09:30 PM

wbbgjr
10-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I think it's really good. Definitely a new and different message than any other commercial out there. I definitely think it will make people wonder who Ron Paul is.

JPFromTally
10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Regarding the kids, while I am sympathetic to the argument that they're being used as "propaganda," I really would like to see them stay in. Why? Women voters.

As a woman myself, I can assure you that I snap to attention when I hear "cute" kid voices talking. I'm pretty sure that many other women do as well. Whether this response is due to biological nature or sociological nurture is irrelevant... the point is that the phenomenon exists. And while I'm sure that some women do not have this reaction (each of us is an individual, you know ;) ), I think that many do.

It's funny how men and women think so differently. One of my biggest peeves is kids in commercials, especially in ones dealing with "grown up topics." Like the ones right now with the kids going, "Don't tell me you'll fix social security just to get elected."

Their little shrill voices drive me up the wall..:eek:

McDermit
10-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I know a bunch of women who hate kids acting in commercials. Moms even. For a children's product, fine. Anything else, no.

DjLoTi
10-01-2007, 10:08 PM
It's funny how men and women think so differently. One of my biggest peeves is kids in commercials, especially in ones dealing with "grown up topics." Like the ones right now with the kids going, "Don't tell me you'll fix social security just to get elected."

Their little shrill voices drive me up the wall..:eek:

That's why I suggested it be played on Oprah.

Leslie Webb
10-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I find the different voices distracting and wince at the little kid trying to say 'the Constitution.' Seeing it for the first time a viewer has all these faces and voices coming at him/her. It's too much to take in. The visual mosaic makes a good impression. I don't think we it need to overdo it by adding different voices.

Then again, for people who like cute kids, could you run the ad both ways, one with a professional voice and then run it with the different voices later? After someone has seen the ad a couple of times with single narration, the one with different voices might be a fresh variation.

Could you also use the mosaic to make ads with other messages?
For example, something like "Millions of Americans from all walks of life oppose the Iraq war. We want the President to bring our troops home now. We also want to roll back big government taxes and spending. In the spirit of the Founding Fathers, Ron Paul stands for us-- for a peaceful foreign policy and small, constitutional government. Won't you join us? 'My name is Ron Paul, and I am the champion of the Consititution.'

skiingff
10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I find the different voices distracting and wince at the little kid trying to say 'the Constitution.' Seeing it for the first time a viewer has all these faces and voices coming at him/her. It's too much to take in. The visual mosaic makes a good impression. I don't think we it need to overdo it by adding different voices.

Then again, for people who like cute kids, could you run the ad both ways, one with a professional voice and then run it with the different voices later? After someone has seen the ad a couple of times with single narration, the one with different voices might be a fresh variation.

For example, something like "Millions of Americans from all walks of life oppose the Iraq war. We want the President to bring our troops home now. We also want to roll back big government taxes and spending. In the spirit of the Founding Fathers, Ron Paul stands for us-- for a peaceful foreign policy and small, constitutional government. Won't you join us? 'My name is Ron Paul, and I am the champion of the Consititution.'

Yes, we can use different versions of the mosaic commercial as well as use versions with a new voiceover.

Man from La Mancha
10-01-2007, 10:36 PM
http://livingroomcandidate.movingimage.us/ nice site for every presidential campaign ad since 1952, one might learn something

If it is not 1st out look for Peace Little Girl (Daisy) (1964, Johnson)

Johnson: Peace Little Girl (Daisy)
The "Daisy Girl ad," made for the Lyndon Johnson campaign, uses a striking combination of images and sounds to imply that if elected, the Republican candidate, Barry Goldwater, might start a nuclear war.

dt_
10-01-2007, 10:40 PM
IMHO, the best ad up there is the "strong leader" commercial. The mosaic ad doesn't really express what RP stands for in specific terms (what does "upholding the Constitution" mean to the average American?), and the "incorruptible" ad has the dodgy "war is peace" and all that (which I hope will be removed) and "he was unseated by his own party"? What help does that do? The "strong leader" ad is direct and to the point and I think will get the message across most effectively.

Eric21ND
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
where can you view the strong leader ad?

parocks
10-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Someone should look into Comcast Spotlight. Comcast Spotlight is the division of Comcast that runs the local cable. New Hampshire is part of the Boston market. You can pick the exact show you want the commercial to air on (as long as it's on a cable network) and the specific market you want the commercial to air in.

Here are some relevant links to the comcast spotlight website / Boston market.
http://www.comcastspotlight.com/www/73/media/maps/nh.pdf
(map of zones in NH)

http://boston.comcastspotlight.com/sites/Default.aspx?pageid=3144&siteid=73&subnav=2
(map of boston overview)

http://www.comcastspotlight.com/sites/Default.aspx?siteid=62&pageid=2466&subnav=1
(us map of comcast spotlight markets)

By the way, at least in my area (PA) Comcast takes MiniDV tapes, as well as a bunch of more pro formats, but they don't take files.

You (or others) might want to consider specific ads for specific channels / shows.
Highlight specific policy proposals where the viewing audience is likely receptive to
those proposals.

If there's a tv business show where the host is pro-gold, air a spot talking about
Paul's position re gold.

If there's any world series of poker on espn, try a spot talking about Paul's position on internet gambling.

Is there an online repository of short video clips (broadcast quality) that people
can download and make into TV commercials? Sorted by topic?

I'm new here to this forum, and maybe all of these things have been covered elsewhere?

paulitics
10-01-2007, 11:43 PM
good job. We should not pick liberal women's shows. Our best bang for the buck is the political and news shows. Its the right demographic...oprah does not appeal to the right demographic, and democrats are going to be shunned from voting because of the deadline.

Syren123
10-01-2007, 11:47 PM
For the love of God, please don't pick liberal women's shows so we don't have to sit through them to get to the commercial.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 11:47 PM

Really great :) I'm glad something is getting done in NH! I wish I lived there... I'd be knocking on doors everyday! This kind of stuff is very crucial for us

literatim
10-02-2007, 01:44 AM
I wish the Apple-style one would get aired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKRzIaFw8V8

You can't copyright an ad style.

Leslie Webb
10-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Just contributed.

I like the mosaic ad best. It gets people's attention. I suspect New Hampshire voters are jaded by all the political ads, and the other two produced seem too contrived and canned, political ads as usual. We are up against so much, we have to stand out. The mosaic commercial is a great step in that direction, and we can use it as part of our brand in the mosaic newspaper ads as well. I hope operation nh will have Lord Xar create more commercials like this.

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 08:35 AM

This is good idea, actually. :)

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 08:38 AM
To: Skiingff

I like this one very much. Can we use this is in a commercial??

Ron Paul Switch Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKRzIaFw8V8

yoshimaroka
10-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Just throwing this out there,
It was kind of difficult to understand some of the voices the first/second time I watched the mosaic video. Other than that, mosaic video is a beauty.

unklejman
10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Regardless of multiple voices or one, they need to be recorded, mixed, and mastered professionally.

lucius
10-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Great!

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 05:51 PM
bump

Geronimo
10-02-2007, 06:04 PM
The most common complaint was the voices. Has anything been done, or is anything going to be done about the voices?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2007, 06:07 PM
that one voice sounds like Kenny? from South Park lol

but I like it! :D

rich34
10-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I didn't like the little kids voice.

DJ RP
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I like the kids voice but if you are changing it maybe only have the kid come in once and later in the advert to pull on the heartstrings... something relevant like "...and my future" in a child's voice.

I think the ad is great and very different from the politics as usual adverts. This is IMPORTANT. Ron paul is different so his advertising should be different. We want to appeal to people who can discern difference between candidates.

torchbearer
10-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I think it would be better done with one voice, i know they were trying to go with the "many of us" sound, but it doesn't work well in a 30 second spot, too few words per person... would work on a 60 second spot though