PDA

View Full Version : S.C. GOP chairmen apologize for using Jewish stereotype in editorial

bobbyw24
10-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Two county Republican Party chairmen have apologized for using a Jewish stereotype in a newspaper column, and S.C. GOP Party Chairwoman Karen Floyd said that's enough for the two leaders to keep their positions.

The men wrote: "There is a saying that the Jews who are wealthy got that way not by watching dollars, but instead by taking care of the pennies and the dollars taking care of themselves … By not using earmarks to fund projects for South Carolina and instead using actual bills, DeMint is watching our nation's pennies and trying to preserve our country's wealth and our economy's viability to give all an opportunity to succeed."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/77464.html

Epic
10-20-2009, 01:44 PM
There's nothing incorrect about what he said.

He basically stuck to facts.

He didn't say all jewish people are rich.

Wiserphil
10-20-2009, 02:38 PM
don't you know when you live in a "Marxist" society you cannot say things like that. Come people we do not live in a free country.

axiomata
10-20-2009, 08:35 PM
The spin that I heard on the quote was a headline along the lines of "DeMint is watching our nation's pennies like a Jew."

A quote had he said, then he could have been taken to task. But reading the actual quote it is not that bad. Probably not the best example a public figure of the GOP could use, but nowhere near what I thought he had said based on some headlines.

Dieseler
10-20-2009, 08:44 PM
They stole that from my Grand Daddy.

Dionysus
10-20-2009, 08:52 PM
If you attempt to mine any ethics from our Christian heritage, the real ethics, the thought police will come down on you. Only Hannah Montana is allowed to teach your child to thrive.

sofia
10-20-2009, 08:58 PM
amazing...simply amazing

PRAISING the virtue of thrift is now "anti-semitic"