PDA

View Full Version : Help fly a plane over the Dearborn debate

a2planet
10-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone, you helped us fund a great advertisement weeks ago--an airplane flying over Michigan Stadium before the Notre Dame game. It was a huge success and we made a great video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFy--JHgYIw) out of it.

Now we need your help again.

This time, the banner will be flown right over the venue for the GOP debate in Dearborn, Michigan next week!

We have the time set--it'll be right when the doors are open and everyone's arriving. The banner will be a big American flag and it'll say "Ron Paul For President" in big all-caps.

It'll cost us $400 in total, but if everyone donates just $10, this can be raised easily!

Please help us by visiting the secure donation form at:

http://www.michigan4ronpaul.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2239#2239

If you can't donate, please give this topic a bump! Lots of important GOP people from around the country will be at this debate, so let's give them something to remember!

Thanks,
Adam
michigan4ronpaul.com

foofighter20x
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Uh... Is this debate going to be outside where people will see it?

If not, it's a waste of money.

Green Mountain Boy
10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
There were a couple planes with banners at the last big debate in New Hampshire - One for Ron Paul and another issue-oriented banner. The banners were visable to thousands of people as they were coming to the debate. Not a waste of money.

a2planet
10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
The plane will fly before the debate begins, when everyone is parking and walking in. Also, Dearborn's a pretty big city, so lots of other people will see it, too.

Lord Xar
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I agree that it might not be the best usage of advertising dollars.. if you fly over the event, how many people will see it? If you fly over a professional football game, how many people will see it?

We need eyeballs on the airplane ad, not just for the "coolness" factor.

Cowlesy
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Why does it add a 12.0% fee on Paypal?

brumans
10-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know how I can get a ticket to the debate without spending $500 for the luncheon?

foofighter20x
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I agree that it might not be the best usage of advertising dollars.. if you fly over the event, how many people will see it? If you fly over a professional football game, how many people will see it?

Exactly. That $400 would be better spent on flyers and handouts for the people attending the debates and the media (since they aren't going to do their jobs themselves :rolleyes:).

kylejack
10-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Dearborn is the largest concentrated Arab population in the United States. People LIVE there. This isn't some debate hall in the middle of nowhere or something.

McDermit
10-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Exactly. That $400 would be better spent on flyers and handouts for the people attending the debates and the media (since they aren't going to do their jobs themselves :rolleyes:).

I have to agree with this. Hit them with lit on the way in, and then with a dvd and a different piece of lit on the way out.

They'll see RP live and in person during the debate. And a little birdie told me that someone may have some RP beach balls inside during the debate.

Save the plane for the next big game.

McDermit
10-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Dearborn is the largest concentrated Arab population in the United States. People LIVE there. This isn't some debate hall in the middle of nowhere or something.

But how many of those people will be outside and looking to the sky during the short timeframe that the plane will be within view?

qsecofr
10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't know, it sounds like a good use of $400 to me. I'll kick in 20 bucks. You can hit them by land and air, plus it sends a good message that we are willing to go the extra mile to call in the big equipment. Frankly, if this wasn't RP how much would it cost another candidate? $800? $1000?

We are getting double our money because that $400 is probably just going to cover gas.

allyinoh
10-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I remember one time I was going to the mall. I was walking in and in the sky I saw a plane. It was one of those anti-abortion planes. I looked around and noticed others were looking up. I know you might not think people would look but they do. When they hear a plane, it causes people to look up... it really does.

I personally don't think it's a waste of money.

foofighter20x
10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
why not do that weird plane light thing anyone know what im talking about? when it just sits there all nigth

you mean UFOs? [/joke] :D

McDermit
10-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't know, it sounds like a good use of $400 to me. I'll kick in 20 bucks. You can hit them by land and air, plus it sends a good message that we are willing to go the extra mile to call in the big equipment. Frankly, if this wasn't RP how much would it cost another candidate? $800? $1000?

We are getting double our money because that $400 is probably just going to cover gas.

$350-500 is the industry standard for an hour long banner flight.

McDermit
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
why not do that weird plane light thing anyone know what im talking about? when it just sits there all nigth

Skylighter I think they're called. Very hard to find and much more expensive.

jmarinara
10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
And a little birdie told me that someone may have some RP beach balls inside during the debate.

Tell your little birdie not to embarass Ron Paul and leave the beach balls in the nest.

Highmesa
10-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Being an MSU alum, I'd love to see one flying over Spartan Stadium for the MSU/um game on 11/3.

It will be a packed house with many more tailgating.

My question for the Dearborn debate is what time does it start and what time does it get dark?

Eli
10-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I for one think this is an awesome idea.
Put in my donation for $30.

Keep up the great work! As for the pessimists claiming they have a better way of promoting ron paul. Let them do theirs as well. With the meetups out there greeting people and handing out literature they can also point up in the sky and say LOOK! when it flies over :) muhahaha

McDermit
10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Tell your little birdie not to embarass Ron Paul and leave the beach balls in the nest.

I have no control over what the little birdies do. :rolleyes:

erowe1
10-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Doesn't seem like a good form of advertising. A plane banner is great for letting large numbers of people (like at Michigan Stadium) know that there's a guy running for president named Ron Paul. But the few thousand people on their way to the Dearborn debate already know that. And it's not like you can put anything else on the banner to help persuade anyone.

foofighter20x
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
I for one think this is an awesome idea.
Put in my donation for $30.

Keep up the great work! As for the pessimists claiming they have a better way of promoting ron paul. Let them do theirs as well. With the meetups out there greeting people and handing out literature they can also point up in the sky and say LOOK! when it flies over :) muhahaha

It's Superman! :eek:

McDermit
10-01-2007, 05:16 PM
It's Superman! :eek:

No, it's underdog!

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 05:17 PM

Ok, but are they going to vote for Ron Paul because they see his name flashed from an airplane? If we are trying to target Muslims, would it be better to target newspaper ads at them directly, like Hamadeh is doing, or maybe even radio ads?

Just a question.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 05:19 PM
you mean UFOs? [/joke] :D

:p

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
And a little birdie told me that someone may have some RP beach balls inside during the debate.

I HOPE NOT. THAT WOULD BE EXTREMELY IRRITATING AND WOULD LIKELY TICK OFF A LOT OF PEOPLE.

Not a good idea at all, in my opinion.

foofighter20x
10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
no lol its that plane i think that has this thing attached to it and it jsut says ron paul for president over and over lol.

Like a blimp with a light marquee?

leipo
10-01-2007, 05:56 PM

I think you mean this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV3J6n-LtB0

I think that's one of the most powerful ways of advertising.

Eric21ND
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Crunch time is fast approaching I think we need to do everything we can to get his name out to the public.

born2drv
10-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Guys I think it's a great idea.. if the debate is being held there, that means the press will be there, and the plane will give a great impression.... anyone else who sees it other then the media is just a bonus. $400 is chump change to sway the media and anyone walking into the event in our favor.

Eric21ND
10-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I hope we can fill the crowd with Ron Paul supporters.

squirrelbrewer
10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Has anyone heard anything from the MI GOP regarding the tix lottery?

nullvalu
10-02-2007, 12:08 PM
I think you mean this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV3J6n-LtB0

I think that's one of the most powerful ways of advertising.

That is so awesome! Great choice of music, too.. Love The Specials..