PDA

View Full Version : RNC mailing tactics

RoyalShock
10-20-2009, 08:12 AM
In the past week I have received two Republican surveys in the mail, one from the RNC and another from a congressman out of state.

The first one (from the RNC) had a letter that started out by telling me I was the only Republican in my voting district to receive this survey and that I was required to complete and return it. Of course, the back page had a section for including a donation. As such, I doubt very highly that I was the only one in my district (I'm not active in it anyway) to receive it. So they 1) lied and 2) tried to coerce participation.

The 2nd one was some sort of "census survey". Of course, on the back was another section for making a donation. That section included three options:

1) Yes! Here is my generously large donation.
2) Yes! While I can't afford a donation, here is my $12 to cover the cost of processing my survey.
3) No! I'm in favor of liberal Democrats getting elected for the next 10 years.

Who is putting these mailings together, anyway? With tactics like this, which I assume must be indicative of their thought processes, the GOP will continue to decline until only the sheep are left.

tangent4ronpaul
10-20-2009, 08:21 AM
I've gotten some of these too. The census survey was different though. For one, the questions were so biased, they were a joke. At the end, one of the questions was if I supported the goals of the RLC to take back Congress or if I supported Nanci Polosi ...

I didn't even bother filling it out.

-t

specsaregood
10-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Even though it would be illegal, I suspect they are using the FEC records to find those that donated in the last election(s). I can't believe they are mailing out these donation requests to every single registered republican.

Mahkato
10-20-2009, 08:28 AM
It's just a different fundraising tactic. They can't ask for $25, $50, $100, or even $200 or more every time.

tangent4ronpaul
10-20-2009, 08:37 AM
It's just a different fundraising tactic. They can't ask for $25, $50, $100, or even $200 or more every time.

Campaign 4 Liberty does - EVERY TIME!

As to the unsolicited ones (RNC, etc) - if they have a postage paid envelope, you might want to think about sending in a late donation for the wall.... (you know, between Mexico and us - that campaign...)

-t

wizardwatson
10-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm all for these money bombs and fundraising, but I want transparency and collaboration on what is done with these resources. I disagree with current tactical strategies.

evilfunnystuff
10-22-2009, 01:18 AM
i got one of the census ones today and the questions are near impossible to answer as they are phrased and the way they emody the false left right paradigm

oh well ill have to do some markups on it and include some rp lit in the postage paid envelope when i send it in with no donation

Pepsi
10-22-2009, 01:40 AM
I also got one, and I voted no on the to continue to support Israel question.

olehounddog
10-22-2009, 05:00 AM
I dropped 4 in the mail tuesday. when I send them back I always use the space between the ?'s to explain how it seems like something FU Frank would ask. I always send them back. Always fill them out and explain how there is no way is no way to properly answer such foolish leading questions. Also it costs them postage.