PDA

View Full Version : Greensboro Cop harrasses gun carrier

Dianne
10-20-2009, 08:06 AM
YouTube - Greensboro Officer Harassment Near Abortion Clinic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhsF9I9lOc&feature=player_embedded)

BuddyRey
10-20-2009, 08:15 AM
This guy used exactly the right technique; he repeatedly asked "am I being detained?" Bad cops have a dozen tricks up their sleeve to "trick" people into giving up rights and protections that could easily defuse a potential arrest, yet most people have absolutely no idea they even have these protections.

YouTube - BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA)

Krugerrand
10-20-2009, 10:14 AM
If he had turned over a driver's license, he would have really disadvantaged himself in that discourse.

I'm not sure of the relevance of the "near abortion clinic" in the video title.

Dianne
10-20-2009, 11:27 AM
If he had turned over a driver's license, he would have really disadvantaged himself in that discourse.

I'm not sure of the relevance of the "near abortion clinic" in the video title.

That's what I was thinking. The cop wanted that id probably in hopes of finding something he could arrest this guy for. Just goes to show half of what they do is just bluff.

Oyate
10-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Pretty good job. I always to make the point of de-escalation. It's actually an old cop trick before the days of "pain compliance".

My advice--take it or leave it--when confronted by an LEO, try not raising your voice and sounding confrontational. Watch your body language and make it conciliatory. Cops are trained to respond to force with force, so by not exerting force (actual or implied) you short-circuit this conditioned response in the cop.

Notice how the situation was ultimately defused: the guy in the white coat was very non-hostile in word, in tone of word and in body language. The LEO just sort of decided there wasn't an issue here and he left. Bye-bye. Even though white-jacket was nearly inarticulate in what he said, it was the tone and posture of non-aggression that won the moment.

OTOH, if the person with the camera had got louder, mouthier and more emphatic we can imagine a very different outcome.

Study carefully the ways of peace, oh brothers and sisters, if peace ye desire.

Freedom 4 all
10-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Lol what a jackass. Not to diss Glenn Beck, but doesn't that cop bear a strinking impression of what Glenn Beck would look like if he did nothing but eat donuts for the next 15 years.