PDA

View Full Version : TV Spots in the works.

angelatc
06-05-2007, 02:28 PM
http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=3617103344&MyToken=1d2ebf85-e0f5-4fa8-b079-a45eafb5b6b9

I hope that will open. It turns out that LadyJade is making some TV commercials via a PAC. They're looking for donations.

http://www.people4paul.com/people4paul4.wmv is a link to the rough draft.

Here's the text:

“Ron Paul Junkie” Rachel Mills is preparing the first Ron Paul TV ads to keep the campaign momentum going after the New Hampshire debate. You probably remember Rachel from her popular YouTube video.

The first ad buy will be for TV ads on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” on Comedy Central, and will be purchased in the Washington DC/Virginia/Maryland market. This is to maximize exposure to political reporters and DC movers and shakers.
“Young Voters for Ron Paul” has been set up as an independent committee. Unlike the official Paul campaign committee, there is no limit to the amount of contributions one can make to pay for Rachel’s ads, and people who have “maxed-out” by giving Paul $2300 this year may give to “Young Voters for Ron Paul.”
Our first buy will be in the next couple of weeks. We need to raise $6000 for the initial buy.

(Deleted link to PayPal donation that I can't make work here)

To donate by mail: Send a check to
Young Voters for Ron Paul
1612 — 45th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94122
and please email us to let us know you are making a mail contribution (so we may plan the ad buy)

singapore_sling
06-05-2007, 02:41 PM
That is going to be their commercial...its a POS. No one will pay attention to something that looks more like a video blog than a commercial.

angelatc
06-05-2007, 02:42 PM
It's more than I've put together!

That's their rough draft. Maybe they're looking to buy some studio time.

DavyDuke17
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I agree, I love Rachels videos but if your going to pay for the spot I think that using something like one of avaroths videos would be more effective.

ksuguy
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
What I would really like to see is an ad run during cartoon network's adult swim block. Of course the add would have to be clever and funny, and if they could get someone like George Lowe or Bruce Campbell to do something for the ad, it would be great.

I really like the idea of Ron Paul being interviewed by Space Ghost. :)

disciple
06-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I think Rachel 's videos are very effective.

chandlerLBT
06-05-2007, 09:37 PM
i think that a youtube-like video would be a smart idea to put on television. i think we should work with the fact that most of ron's support can be found on the web, and i think towards the end of the commercial there should be the ronpaul2008.com link for those to check him out, as paul's site provides links to his youtube and diggs about him.

X_805
06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
That's a bad video. Not inspirational at all. If anything, that will turn people away.

AgentSmith
06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah I hope they have better ideas than that.

Kandilynn
06-05-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't like that video. I won't pay to put that on tv. There are other videos that I think are better.

Anne
06-05-2007, 11:47 PM
I really dig the idea of this video. It's a great idea. We're so used to seeing the same old political ads on tv. A cute girl like Rachel will make people stop and look and then they'll listen to what she has to say.

carla8478
06-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Make sure you get an approval from the campaign headquarters before broadcasting anything that major. I would want Ron Paul's sign off on any commercials.

CAKochenash
06-06-2007, 12:07 AM
What I would really like to see is an ad run during cartoon network's adult swim block. Of course the add would have to be clever and funny, and if they could get someone like George Lowe or Bruce Campbell to do something for the ad, it would be great.

fabulous...where do we start?

literatim
06-06-2007, 12:14 AM
That video is just bad. Commercials need to be catchy or funny and look like commercials.

AgentSmith
06-06-2007, 12:23 AM

All you have to tell them is he would legalize. :D

Hey you could probably even get Marc Emory to do a spot, Ive noticed he posts here and is a huge RP fan ;)

Electric Church
06-06-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't agree with this at all. She should stick to youtube. I thought her video was supportive of Ron Paul but to sensationalize it just because she has a pretty face and start a whole new independent movement called “Young Voters for Ron Paul” is only going to divert funds and energies away from those who can best put those needed campaign dollars to good use.

People should donate their hard earned dollars directly towards the Ron Paul campaign.

Anne
06-06-2007, 12:29 AM
That video is just bad. Commercials need to be catchy or funny and look like commercials.

Commercials need to look like commercials? Wow, I hope you're not working for an ad agency. Ad execs are looking for something different. This is different.

literatim
06-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Commercials need to look like commercials? Wow, I hope you're not working for an ad agency. Ad execs are looking for something different. This is different.

Most people get up during ommercials and do other things. They certainly would ignore such a boring commercial as what was presented.

I don't agree with this at all. She should stick to youtube. I thought her video was supportive of Ron Paul but to sensationalize it just because she has a pretty face and start a whole new independent movement called “Young Voters for Ron Paul” is only going to divert funds and energies away from those who can best put those needed campaign dollars to good use.

People should donate their hard earned dollars directly towards the Ron Paul campaign.

You do realize that an individual can only donate so much money to a candidate?

thuja
06-06-2007, 12:44 AM
where can her videos be seen?

Electric Church
06-06-2007, 01:06 AM
You do realize that an individual can only donate so much money to a candidate?

Yes I do. But I also know that there are "creative ways":cool: for individuals to give and to make sure that what they give goes directly into the campaign coffers of Ron Paul.

rodent
06-06-2007, 01:14 AM
http://bulletin.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=3617103344&MyToken=1d2ebf85-e0f5-4fa8-b079-a45eafb5b6b9

I hope that will open. It turns out that LadyJade is making some TV commercials via a PAC. They're looking for donations.

http://www.people4paul.com/people4paul4.wmv is a link to the rough draft.

Here's the text:

“Ron Paul Junkie” Rachel Mills is preparing the first Ron Paul TV ads to keep the campaign momentum going after the New Hampshire debate. You probably remember Rachel from her popular YouTube video.

The first ad buy will be for TV ads on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” on Comedy Central, and will be purchased in the Washington DC/Virginia/Maryland market. This is to maximize exposure to political reporters and DC movers and shakers.
“Young Voters for Ron Paul” has been set up as an independent committee. Unlike the official Paul campaign committee, there is no limit to the amount of contributions one can make to pay for Rachel’s ads, and people who have “maxed-out” by giving Paul $2300 this year may give to “Young Voters for Ron Paul.”
Our first buy will be in the next couple of weeks. We need to raise $6000 for the initial buy.

(Deleted link to PayPal donation that I can't make work here)

To donate by mail: Send a check to
Young Voters for Ron Paul
1612 — 45th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94122
and please email us to let us know you are making a mail contribution (so we may plan the ad buy)

I'm questioning the target demographic. Weren't young people the ones who failed to show up for Kerry last election? Or was that two elections ago? Something about MTV's rock the vote completely failing.

Any way to get a list of ratings of political shows where the target demographic is Christian conservatives above the age of 30? I just don't have faith in people around my age (27). Most of my peers are very politically uninvolved and have yet to see what impact government has on their lives.