PDA

View Full Version : Four Titanics and One Iceberg, Ron Paul?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=108345

funny title lol very positive article here :cool:

Joe Knows
10-01-2007, 01:40 PM

funny title lol very positive article here :cool:

Just read the article. Great stuff.

Cindy
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Powerful article. They have him as a likely possibility to win NH, the nomination and election.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Sematary
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
This is why we NEED to concentrate on NH with everything we can muster!

When are we going to get some mailing lists?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Jimmy Carter knocked on like every house....? I have read something that implies this

Bob Cochran
10-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Just read the article, like it a lot!

mavtek
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Digg it!

http://digg.com/politics/Four_Titanics_and_One_Ice_Berg_Ron_Paul

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
dugg

DrNoZone
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow, what great coverage. And honest too! Posted to the Dr. No! Zone blog (http://www.drnozone.com).

katao
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Jimmy Carter knocked on like every house....? I have read something that implies this

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am willing to take a minimum of two weeks off of work, fly across the country to NH, and spend every waking moment knocking on doors.

Each of us needs to ask ourselves, what is freedom worth, for you, for your kids and grandkids? Are YOU willing to make the sacrifices needed?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am willing to take a minimum of two weeks off of work, fly across the country to NH, and spend every waking moment knocking on doors.

Each of us needs to ask ourselves, what is freedom worth, for you, for your kids and grandkids? Are YOU willing to make the sacrifices needed?

I would join you

wbbgjr
10-01-2007, 02:13 PM
One of the most encouraging articles I've read yet.

Four Titanics and One Iceberg, Ron Paul? Larry Fester
Published 10/01/2007 - 2:44 p.m. EDT

The Republican presidential field has four media appointed Titanics in the race, Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, and John McCain. All the candidates have garnered positive media attention and demonstrated fund raising ability.

Still, with the GOP nomination up for grabs these Republican frontrunners have at least one iceberg to navigate in the New Hampshire primary, namely Dr. Ron Paul, the Texas Congressman that is starting to gain momentum and may actually be expanding the GOP base in the process.

With so many primaries moving their dates up, 22 states are now up for grabs on Super Tuesday. If Ron Paul wins New Hampshire his odds of winning the lions share of states on Super Tuesday’s February 5th elections become very good, as will his likelihood of winning the GOP nomination.

Paul supports eliminating federal income taxes and the Federal Reserve which he blames for the current housing crises. Ron Paul also voted against the Iraq war and has been critical of Hillary Clinton and his fellow Republicans for supporting the war.

To many Ron Paul is known as a civil rights leader defending the Bill of Rights and the U.S. constitution at every chance. Paul gathers large crowds wherever he holds rallies across America and when he says ‘we’ve become soft on liberty’ and promises to ‘repeal the police state’ he is welcomed with chants of ‘Freedom’ by adoring supporters from all walks of life.

Ron Paul also opposes a North American Union and says he will protect U.S. borders and not allow them to be erased. Republicans and some Democrats have been critical of the Bush administration for not securing borders in the six years since 9/11.

Paul’s campaign recently did an online challenge to raise 500 thousand dollars to end the quarter strongly on September 30th. They over shot the mark and raised over 1.2 million dollars in the seven day period.

Paul activists believe that if he wins the nomination he may be re-create a Republican landslide like Ronald Reagan did in the 80s.

For the first time in a generation, Republicans have a presidential primary that has not been decided before it started. GOP frontrunners should proceed with caution because if Ron Paul wins New Hampshire, the nomination will likely follow. (Discuss Ron Paul and other candidates on www.usadaily.net

DrNoZone
10-01-2007, 02:13 PM

I would do this in a heartbeat if I could afford to.

nullvalu
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
WOW! Great article!!!

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 02:18 PM
I already posted this..but ok

how about we merge it?

BuddyRey
10-01-2007, 02:18 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to Digg it!

http://digg.com/politics/Four_Titanics_and_One_Ice_Berg_Ron_Paul

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 02:19 PM
I already posted this..but ok

how about we merge it?

Let the moderators know by flagging it via the red triangle on the upper right. Putting links to the original article helps too.

torchbearer
10-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I would do this in a heartbeat if I could afford to.

Perhaps people who have maxed out their donations can sponsor their own 'paid staffers' to go to NH for a couple of weeks to canvas for ron paul. just a thought.
we can have a thread with people who are willing to go if someone can help them financially....so that patrons can find their staffers to send to NH to campaign for ROn Paul. We can send our own army there to campaign.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Perhaps people who have maxed out their donations can sponsor their own 'paid staffers' to go to NH for a couple of weeks to canvas for ron paul. just a thought.
we can have a thread with people who are willing to go if someone can help them financially....so that patrons can find their staffers to send to NH to campaign for ROn Paul. We can send our own army there to campaign.

I'm willing to go... I'll go to like every house in NH

torchbearer
10-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm willing to go... I'll go to like every house in NH

I'm sure you can get hotel rooms by the week there... i know here you can get them for about $200 a week. $400 for two weeks room. Budget $30 a day for food and drink. $60 a week in gas. plus materials and cost to get to NH and back. Looking at less than $1000 a week to send one individual to campaign in NH full time one behalf of ron paul. depending on airline ticket and such...
the cost per week goes down the longer a person is in NH campaigning.

MsDoodahs
10-01-2007, 02:29 PM

That's a good idea - maybe worthy of its own thread?

Maybe then a stickie?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 02:30 PM
$30 a day for food and drinks sounds a bit high.. I'm ok with ramen noodles and coke :p

and a motel, instead of a hotel..cheaper. How about a group of staffers?

torchbearer
10-01-2007, 02:31 PM
$30 a day for food and drinks sounds a bit high.. I'm ok with ramen noodles and coke :p

I over estimate on a budget. better to have to much money budgeted than not enough. Basically $10 a meal.. counting any snacks between meals too... if you are humping the campaign trail hard, you will need the energy.

torchbearer
10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
That's a good idea - maybe worthy of its own thread?

Maybe then a stickie?

Do you think this idea is doable? I guess it depends on the level of interest of those on this forum that have maxed out and still have money to help the cause.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
I over estimate on a budget. better to have to much money budgeted than not enough.

yes, true. staffers should maybe stay at motels? Just to cut costs

torchbearer
10-01-2007, 02:34 PM
yes, true. staffers should maybe stay at motels? Just to cut costs

yeh, You can find them by the week, and i'm sure if someone from NH helped they could find the best 'low budget' package for that area to reduce cost and increase the number of people we could send.

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
I think I know of some dives that are like $125 a week. If you are all serious Ill dig up some info

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
yeh, You can find them by the week, and i'm sure if someone from NH helped they could find the best 'low budget' package for that area to reduce cost and increase the number of people we could send.

to cut costs further... maybe 1 day sleep in a car, motel the next? lol. sounds good, though. How about we get the granny warriors to pick up the staffers, then we can all participate? there's a lot of room on their rv to sleep, in order to cut costs.

I guess there's different ways to go about this, I'm just throwing ideas out there

torchbearer
10-01-2007, 02:40 PM
I think I know of some dives that are like $125 a week. If you are all serious Ill dig up some info

I won't be able to go to NH, but perhaps the idea is good enough to start a new thread... since you are in NH, would you like the honors of starting a new thread dedicated to this idea or would you prefer I start it?

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I won't be able to go to NH, but perhaps the idea is good enough to start a new thread... since you are in NH, would you like the honors of starting a new thread dedicated to this idea or would you prefer I start it?

if you would start it it would be great. Ill do all the leg work I can for the cause

torchbearer
10-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Ok, i made a new thread, please post ideas and interest in it:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=230642#post230642