PDA

View Full Version : WMUR 9 TV Defends Against Bias in Ron Paul Coverage

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:10 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49670&fb=1

Following publicity over its lack of coverage of the Ron Paul Family Walk by FMNN and other alternative news outlets, staffers at New Hampshire’s main TV station - WMUR 9 - have taken to sending out form emails in response to a heavy flow of complaints delivered via phone and email.

Staffers are now reportedly emailing irate supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Tex) a form letter that explains that the coverage of the ABC state-wide affiliate has been appropriate and that the station has invited Ron Paul to fairly air his views along with other candidates at various forums.

Sources close to the Ron Paul campaign confirm the emails, which defend the stations coverage – or lack thereof. The controversy roared into full view over the weekend when WMUR declined to cover the Ron Paul Family Walk and, instead, covered four other presidential candidates – none of whom had rallies or showed the kind of significant support that Ron Paul’s campaign exhibited over the weekend.

See also, other FMNN reports on the controversy and the lack of enthusiasm for Ron Paul by some hard-line GOP-ers:

WMUR NH TV to Ron Paul: 'Drop Dead'?
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49633

Firestorm of Rebuttals to Senator's 'Disappeared' Ron Paul Comment (2)
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49664

Hope
10-01-2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49670&fb=1

Can you post the text of the article here? I don't want to give them web traffic.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:15 PM
free market news is on our side... but ok

remaxjon
10-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Can you post the text of the article here? I don't want to give them web traffic.

its fmnn site which is basicly a pro Paul blog so give them all the traffic you want

Following publicity over its lack of coverage of the Ron Paul Family Walk by FMNN and other alternative news outlets, staffers at New Hampshire’s main TV station - WMUR 9 - have taken to sending out form emails in response to a heavy flow of complaints delivered via phone and email.

Staffers are now reportedly emailing irate supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Tex) a form letter that explains that the coverage of the ABC state-wide affiliate has been appropriate and that the station has invited Ron Paul to fairly air his views along with other candidates at various forums.

Sources close to the Ron Paul campaign confirm the emails, which defend the stations coverage – or lack thereof. The controversy roared into full view over the weekend when WMUR declined to cover the Ron Paul Family Walk and, instead, covered four other presidential candidates – none of whom had rallies or showed the kind of significant support that Ron Paul’s campaign exhibited over the weekend.

See also, other FMNN reports on the controversy and the lack of enthusiasm for Ron Paul by some hard-line GOP-ers:

WMUR NH TV to Ron Paul: 'Drop Dead'?
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49633

Firestorm of Rebuttals to Senator's 'Disappeared' Ron Paul Comment (2)
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49664

Hope
10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
its fmnn site which is basicly a pro Paul blog so give them all the traffic you want

Oh good! I'm new here so I didn't know. :)

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah. They're like a; pro-ron paul, pro-free market, libertarian leaning news network

kylejack
10-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah. They're like a; pro-ron paul, pro-free market, libertarian leaning news network

...who sometimes gets a little overzealous with their support and posts false or unverified information. ;)

nullvalu
10-01-2007, 01:27 PM
hopefully FMNN learned their lesson.. i haven't seen a report that we earned $100 MILLION this quarter yet, so hopefully they're waiting for an official report to release a good article this time.. :D

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:32 PM
I wonder if fmnn rakes in any money

V4Vendetta
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
I called them, and talked to the station manager. Basically was very nice, and said look, the least you could have done was run a 30 second piece about him that night.

McDermit
10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
I called them, and talked to the station manager. Basically was very nice, and said look, the least you could have done was run a 30 second piece about him that night.

You said that.. or the station manager did?

tmg19103
10-01-2007, 02:05 PM
I suggest that we all be polite and professional with contacting this sation. No need to piss them off. Praise the station in general and give them one of the thousands of reasons they should give RP some coverage - but be POLITE. Enough polite calls from us about covering RP, even if station management does not like RP, will mean ratings and they will take the bait.

V4Vendetta
10-01-2007, 02:07 PM
You said that.. or the station manager did?

I said that to "Andrew" the station Manager

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 02:11 PM
"Staffers are now reportedly emailing irate supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Tex) a form letter that explains that the coverage of the ABC state-wide affiliate has been appropriate and that the station has invited Ron Paul to fairly air his views along with other candidates at various forums."

We need to stop any and all "irate" emails. Follow Dr. Paul's example: he's unfailingly nice.

Geronimo
10-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Has anyone here received one of the "irate emails" from WMUR? If so, could you copy and paste the text in here so we could all see how they defended themselves?

Thanks!

kickzman
10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Yea I was @ work the other day and a couple of employees and I were talking about the election. The overall consensus was the war is bad and all the politicians were corporate owned liars. Which I agreed to ofcourse, but I mentioned our freedom fighter Ron, and no one had heard of him...The MSM seems to be doing its job well.:(

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
We just have to give it our all.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 06:21 PM
When you meet people that don't know Ron Paul, don't think of it as more people that don't know Ron Paul, think of it as more people that now know who he is.

TooConservative
10-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Pretty amazing when Ron Paul assembles 600-800 people for a rally only two blocks from their studio and they don't cover it so they can go take footage of McCain dragging 10 people around the state trying to find some voters.

I suppose it's at least possible that they committed to sending news teams out to cover the others on the road. But you'd think there would be at least one camera left at the studio to send an intern down the street to make a clip of Ron Paul's rally.

Question_Authority
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Has anyone here received one of the "irate emails" from WMUR? If so, could you copy and paste the text in here so we could all see how they defended themselves?

Thanks!

The emails from WMUR were not irate, they were emailing irate supporters.

speciallyblend
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
curious if fredheads might be writing bad letters?

Geronimo
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
The emails from WMUR were not irate, they were emailing irate supporters.

Silly me. I read that too fast.

Cowlesy
10-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Damn it---is there any possible way to convey the point to our supporters that irate messages do more harm than good?

I mean we've said this a 1000x, yet people still get snarky and nasty and HARM more than HELP the campaign.

God it's so self-defeating and makes smoke come out my ears. Get off your pissy attitude that not everyone is in love with Ron Paul and either write a strategically nice email, or go bang your head into the wall a few times and calm it down! :)