PDA

View Full Version : Mind reading an article i wrote?

danny987
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
This is meant to be my introduction to a site i am currently making. Please read it and give advice, criticism, rate, look for grammar/spelling errors, and discuss.

Thank you.

First off before you can understand what this site is and its goal you need to understand who i am. I was born in Tacoma Washington. My Dad has been in construction his entire professional life. When i was born my Dad owned his own construction business (general contractor but specialized in concrete work) and for a few years after i was born my family really was doing well financially, but that didn't last. My dad fell hard into drugs and my Mom divorced him. We went from living well to being completely homeless. My mom started working we found a home and enter my "Step Dad" (I consider him by Step Dad but him and my Mom never married). We Moved from Washington to Northwest Oregon where i fell into my favorite hobbies: camping, hiking, guns, coins, economics, politics, and weight lifting. In the past 10 years my Dad has been recovering. You could go as far to say recovered but i do not think an ex-addict is ever fully recovered. He is on the road to becoming one of the best people i know. That is enough of my bio.

I used to be a full blown neo-conservative. A couple years ago i was introduced to a then presidential candidate named Ron Paul. This man and his ideas turned my world upside down. I have been extensively studying politics and economics since then and in my opinion i have become very intelligent in those fields.

So what is this site? This is basically my own area where i can do what ever i find necessary and appropriate to further my cause. That being said i do have a few specific goals i would like to accomplish.

>Help unite true Conservatives, Libertarians, and Constitutionalists- I think we all need to realize that most of us are working towards the same general goal. The only way we can take down the corrupt partisan statist in Washington is to unite. Once this is done we can then sort out our petty differences.

>Assist in organizing Grassroots- Once we are all united lets organize, plan, and orchestrate our movement.

>Help get like minded candidates into public office- The best way to fix the government is to peacefully change who partakes in it.

>Encourage the investment in and the use of (in industry and as a medium of exchange) gold and silver- We well never know peace, liberty, and prosperity as long as we have the Federal Reserve controlling our economy. The key to ending it is to lower the demand for FRN's. The more people using gold and silver as a means of savings and as currency the less they well want paper money.

From 1776 and several years afterwards, blood among patriots and tyrants spilled in the name of Freedom. The revolution established a new nation, and in the birth of the new nation freedom became the foremost ideal. Every man would take care of himself, and in return he could do with himself what he pleased. Even though that idea was strong in our hearts it was known by the founding fathers that it would not last forever. They knew over time a government would corrupt itself and slowly chip away at the liberties of the people it ruled. It was Thomas Jefferson who once said that unless a revolution took place every twenty years the free state would cease to exist. We are now centuries past those twenty years, and the free state we once took for granted has indeed eroded.

What happened? How could the worlds greatest nation with the worlds greatest citizens possibly fall so low? With all that has been happening in our government the founders would be ashamed. The answer is apathy. Today political apathy is rampant in our society. We are all aware that our Politicians are abominable, and we all know that their policies and laws are atrocious, but most of us do nothing especially our young. This plague of passivity has me wondering. Where do we draw the line? The line between Freedom and tyranny. The line between taxes and theft. The line between citizen and subject. What has to happen in order for the American people to wake up and realize that if they don’t act soon then it well be to late. All the things in this nation that we take for granted could be swept away. The American way of life is hanging by a thread and is about to fall into a never ending pit.

Luckily for us the problem is not the United States or Her citizens. It is her government. They have taken our paychecks. They have pillaged our savings by use of inflation. They attack our rights, censor us, infringe on our second amendment, regulate what we eat, indebt us and our children, lie, and send us into interventions around the world. The few of us who are not apathetic speak loudly. We vote and protest. We petition and demonstrate. But they, the statist, attack us. They humiliate us, call us racist, fools, extremist, and even terrorist. Since when is it the governments responsibility to attack and insult the citizenry?

The time left to act may be short, and the deck may be stacked against us, but we must continue. The fight has only just begun. The years ahead of us are going to prove to be the most important of our country’s history. We are at a turning point in this nation, and we must make sure it turns in our favor. We are not play things or piggy banks for the elite nor are we pawns for the ruling class. We are not subjects, but we are citizens. We are not walking mats, but we are rattle snakes, and it is wise not to tread on us. If our forefathers could overthrow the worlds biggest empire then we can do this. Join me. Follow this site. It has been said that every generation needs a new revolution, and this is ours.

BlackTerrel
10-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Looks decent - make sure to capitalize "I".

BTW I originally thought this was an article on mind reading.

Original_Intent
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Looks decent - make sure to capitalize "I".

BTW I originally thought this was an article on mind reading.

Same here. :D

dgr
10-19-2009, 12:18 AM
You really captured the thoughts of many, and the time is short, 2010 is the first test, and if the people don't learn by 2012, all will be lost.

BlackTerrel
10-19-2009, 01:02 AM
You really captured the thoughts of many, and the time is short, 2010 is the first test, and if the people don't learn by 2012, all will be lost.

The world is going to end in 2012 anyway.

nayjevin
10-19-2009, 01:29 AM
The best way to fix the government is to peacefully change who partakes in it.

I think I agree with what you're trying to get at here, but I would say,

We can change the direction of government if we educate the peaceful among us to participate in government. There are more of us who believe in liberty and peace than those who would use government for their own selfish benefits -- but right now the scales are tipped in the wrong direction.

somethin like that. Course, it's your site!