PDA

View Full Version : White House admits: We 'control' the news media

IPSecure
10-18-2009, 05:25 PM
YouTube - Movimiento por el Cambio Obama-DUNN-SELF-P8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLR5jHlytRg)

TEL AVIV – President Obama's presidential campaign focused on "making" the news media cover certain issues while rarely communicating anything to the press unless it was "controlled," White House Communications Director Anita Dunn disclosed to the Dominican government at a videotaped conference.

"Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn.

"One of the reasons we did so many of the David Plouffe videos was not just for our supporters, but also because it was a way for us to get our message out without having to actually talk to reporters," said Dunn, referring to Plouffe, who was Obama's chief campaign manager.

"We just put that out there and made them write what Plouffe had said as opposed to Plouffe doing an interview with a reporter. So it was very much we controlled it as opposed to the press controlled it," Dunn said.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113347

sevin
10-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Wow! This is a big story. Has it been on any major news networks?

Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

Bruno
10-18-2009, 07:06 PM
has this been sent to drudge yet?

thasre
10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I have to say that since she's talking about having very disciplined relationships with the media during a campaign, I can't hold it against her too much. If she were to explicitly say that the White House has retained these policies into the present, then it would be much more of a problem for me. But she didn't say anything like that...

Bruno
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I have to say that since she's talking about having very disciplined relationships with the media during a campaign, I can't hold it against her too much. If she were to explicitly say that the White House has retained these policies into the present, then it would be much more of a problem for me. But she didn't say anything like that...

and of course, they stopped those practices as soon as they got into the White House... :rolleyes:

thasre
10-18-2009, 07:28 PM
and of course, they stopped those practices as soon as they got into the White House... :rolleyes:

I'm sure they didn't but you can't argue that they did based on the video. All they would have to say is "We were talking about our disciplined campaign tactics, that's all" and no one would really have any choice but to concede the point.

I'd much rather continue to attack the Obama White House on the multitude of other things that unambiguously suck than to launch a witch hunt into their relationship with the media based on a video that doesn't really have any evidence of wrongdoing.

Bruno
10-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm sure they didn't but you can't argue that they did based on the video. All they would have to say is "We were talking about our disciplined campaign tactics, that's all" and no one would really have any choice but to concede the point.

I'd much rather continue to attack the Obama White House on the multitude of other things that unambiguously suck than to launch a witch hunt into their relationship with the media based on a video that doesn't really have any evidence of wrongdoing.

I don't disagree with you that it doesn't prove they have been doing the same tactics since being in the White House. But a leopard doesn't change its spots.

BlackTerrel
10-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Any class on marketing will tell you it's key to "control your message". That doesn't make it a conspiracy.

Reason
10-18-2009, 09:09 PM
OMG YOU MEAN THEY RAN A SUCCESSFUL CONTROLLED AND CALCULATED CAMPAIGN WHICH RESULTED IN VICTORY??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

O.o

hugolp
10-19-2009, 01:06 AM

+1

She is just explaining their campaing tactics. She is not saying they directly control the press.