PDA

View Full Version : Hoax charges coming

Sarge
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I hope they hit them with the full bill for the stunt.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a7BTar9Yc9ec

They had worked on the stunt for two weeks is the word.

They did view the home video. It is on the net. I can't find it again right now. It shows the father kicking at it when he realized his wife wasn't holding the rope.

angelatc
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Alderden said the “aha moment” that something was amiss came the same day in an interview on CNN with the family. The boy, when asked a question, responded, “Um. You guys said that we did this for a show.”

Ya think?

Sarge
10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Found the home video,

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/33342538#33342538

Pepsi
10-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Even if they did it for a show, or fame, I still think its retarded that they have to bring CPS into this.

HOLLYWOOD
10-18-2009, 03:42 PM
They'll file bankruptcy...

Some pencil neck political zealot DA will seek jail time...

Courts costs, jail costs, legal costs will skyrocket...

Taxpayers stuck with $25 million in bills...

It all turns to a CESS POOL.

Sarge
10-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't think you just let them get away with a stunt that cost 500K or more in wasted man hours and money. The worst part is, if right, they had their kids become part of the plot.

As a father, I am disgusted when kids are trained to lie and cheat by parents. These kids, if the facts are correct, are being abused to satisfy the parents acting egos.

If they had left the kids out, they would have had a great story on how far the homemade balloon went.

If left alone, they will likely think up another scam involving the kids. Think about it, training a six year old to lie. The truth did come out because he is a kid still and has not been totally brain washed yet.

awake
10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Well if this guy takes the government line of defense, he can say: On the bright side, look at all the jobs and stimulus I created.

Dr.3D
10-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Well if this guy takes the government line of defense, he can say: On the bright side, look at all the jobs and stimulus I created.

Not to mention the experience and training.

Bruno
10-18-2009, 06:27 PM
this guy screwed up my google alerts for UFOs. Nearly all of them for the past two days have been about the bubble boy.

Dr.3D
10-18-2009, 06:28 PM
this guy screwed up my google alerts for UFOs. Nearly all of them for the past two days have been about the bubble boy.

We have yet to hear if there were any 9-11 calls about a UFO that day.

legion
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM

Why do you have a google alert for UFOs? Are you an air traffic controller?

Bruno
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
We have yet to hear if there were any 9-11 calls about a UFO that day.

This is true. :) Maybe because even at 7500 feet it still looked like a big mylar balloon.

Bruno
10-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Why do you have a google alert for UFOs? Are you an air traffic controller?

why would an air traffic controller have google alerts for UFOs? I have them because I like to keep aware of all the recent sightings, photos, and videos.

Most people think they are only rarely reported. There are dozens of sightings around the world every single day.

legion
10-18-2009, 06:34 PM
why would an air traffic controller have google alerts for UFOs? I have them because I like to keep aware of all the recent sightings, photos, and videos.

Most people think they are only rarely reported. There are dozens of sightings around the world every single day.

I would think that an air traffic controller would be concerned with unidentified flying objects. I don't understand why anyone else would be, however.

Bruno
10-18-2009, 06:37 PM
I would think that an air traffic controller would be concerned with unidentified flying objects. I don't understand why anyone else would be, however.

To each their own. I guarantee there are a many things you are interested in that I could not give two hoots about.

I was interested in UFOs before I saw one in Phoenix during the Phoenix lights in 1996, and have been even more interested in them since.

legion
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
To each their own. I guarantee there are a many things you are interested in that I could not give two hoots about.

I was interested in UFOs before I saw one in Phoenix during the Phoenix lights in 1996, and have been even more interested in them since.

That's cool. When I see something flying through the sky and I don't know what it is I usually shrug and go about my business.

Bruno
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
That's cool. When I see something flying through the sky and I don't know what it is I usually shrug and go about my business.

how often has that happened?

legion
10-18-2009, 06:47 PM
how often has that happened?

A lot. Sometimes its an airplane or a helicopter. Sometimes its an ultralight. If you get a schedule and a pair of binoculars you can watch the sun reflect off of artificial satelites at twilight. Pretty cool. I like to identify UFOs, but if I can't I usually forget about it.

Bruno
10-18-2009, 06:52 PM
I bet if you saw a shiny, saucer-shaped object unlike any identifiable aircraft known to man you would probably not shrug and just go about your business, or just forget about it.

Many people are natual skeptics until they see for themselves, or open their mind to the possibility. I don't believe in God or ghosts, but if I saw either one personally, I would probably change my opinion.

tpreitzel
10-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Fine, bill the guy for some of the expense associated with the prank.

However, the latest broadcast of Nightline is promoting the idea that parents are exploiting their children (implying illegally) as a means to fame. Well, well. Hyprocrites! Maybe, a list should be started illustrating the state and the media exploiting children to pass unconstitutional laws, e.g. seatbelt laws which grant unconstitutional power to the state for roadblocks (illegal searches), etc. Personally, buyers of cars are more than capable of requesting, installing, and using seatbelts without the force of law. ;) The list of unconstitutional laws passed in the name of "protecting" children is essentially endless. If such as list were started, the public would soon see the state and media as the true exploiters of children. Watch PBS-Kids and see state exploitation and propaganda, e.g. global warming, at its best! Hypocrites!

Last, the state and media has egg on its face for buying the farce in the first place which is simply another reason to avoid the mass media like a plague. The mass media is a circus primarily interested in promoting state propaganda for profit and this latest episode proves they're irresponsible, gullible dupes as well as local law enforcement. Hilarious!

Although, I don't personally agree with the family's obsession with "reality" TV, I can certainly understand it given the incessant drivel spewing from the mass media.

My judgment of the case: Bill the guy for a minor portion of the cost associated with the stunt and leave him and his family alone. Bill the mass media for the majority of the cost. I'm sure the hypocrites in the mass media are counting the money while shedding crocodile tears over this particular father's abuse of his children. ;)

Original_Intent
10-20-2009, 01:12 AM

However, the latest broadcast of Nightline is promoting the idea that parents are exploiting their children (implying illegally) as a means to fame. Well, well. Hyprocrites! Maybe, a list should be started illustrating the state and the media exploiting children to pass unconstitutional laws, e.g. seatbelt laws which grant unconstitutional power to the state for roadblocks (illegal searches), etc. Personally, buyers of cars are more than capable of requesting, installing, and using seatbelts without the force of law. ;) The list of unconstitutional laws passed in the name of "protecting" children is essentially endless. If such as list were started, the public would soon see the state and media as the true exploiters of children. Watch PBS-Kids and see state exploitation and propaganda, e.g. global warming, at its best! Hypocrites!

Last, the state and media has egg on its face for buying the farce in the first place which is simply another reason to avoid the mass media like a plague. The mass media is a circus primarily interested in promoting state propaganda for profit and this latest episode proves they're irresponsible, gullible dupes as well as local law enforcement. Hilarious!

Although, I don't personally agree with the family's obsession with "reality" TV, I can certainly understand it given the incessant drivel spewing from the mass media.

My judgment of the case: Bill the guy for a minor portion of the cost associated with the stunt and leave him and his family alone. Bill the mass media for the majority of the cost. I'm sure the hypocrites in the mass media are counting the money while shedding crocodile tears over this particular father's abuse of his children. ;)

Wow I hate the media as much as the next RPFer, but I am not sure what they did here that was illegal or wrong and that they should be charged anything pertaining to this incident.

Bill the guy RESPONSIBLE for a "minor portion" of the costs - ummm wtf?
Personal freedom personal responsibility, what planet are you on saying the the guy is just an innocent product of a screwed up society? Umm no it is crackpot ideas like yours to bill the media just because you have a (legitimate) ax to grind, again the media did nothing worthy (in THIS incident) to be fined for.

Wow, just wow to your post.

revolutionary8
10-20-2009, 01:34 AM

Good post tpreitzel-
I sure appreciate it.
There is always some sort of ulterior motive (pressure from above, pressure from below) isn't there?

Thanks for your insight.

Problem-Reaction-Solution
Look at who is creating the Problems, the Reactions, and offering the Solutions. Chances are, "they" are one in the same.

tpreitzel
10-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Wow I hate the media as much as the next RPFer, but I am not sure what they did here that was illegal or wrong and that they should be charged anything pertaining to this incident.

Bill the guy RESPONSIBLE for a "minor portion" of the costs - ummm wtf?
Personal freedom personal responsibility, what planet are you on saying the the guy is just an innocent product of a screwed up society? Umm no it is crackpot ideas like yours to bill the media just because you have a (legitimate) ax to grind, again the media did nothing worthy (in THIS incident) to be fined for.

Wow, just wow to your post.

Precisely, what LEGITIMATE crime did this fellow and his family commit? No, I'm not referring to the numerous ILLEGITIMATE laws on the books. Did he harm or kill someone? Did he destroy someone's property? He might have destroyed some taxpayer's money, but the taxpayers obviously got their money's worth in entertainment through the mass media's financial exploitation of the stunt. Oh, the hypocrisy of exploitation. ;)

Yes, I was being partly cynical calling for ANYONE to bear the cost of this stunt other than the taxpayers. Actually, both parties, i.e. individuals and media, are guilty in the sense of being participants whether any legitimate law was involved or not; the individuals directly involved for initiating the stunt and the mass media for exploiting individuals and profiting from their propaganda. ;)

ramallamamama
10-20-2009, 02:29 AM
Has anyone checked out the back story on this?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2369121&postcount=27

pwned

revolutionary8
10-20-2009, 02:39 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2369121&postcount=27

pwned

I really have no idea why you didn't pwn this earlier. You might as well have been jumping up and down waving your arms in the air. ;) I thought about pwning it for ya, but figured you were plenty capable, and moreso, would figure when the time was right...

You called it ramma- I sat back and watched the circus.. muuuu wahhh haaahaaa... ;)
I can't help it- but I have got to say that I am a bit disappointed in RP people.

A word of advice/editorial/opinion----> Next time, leave out the "alien colonization' from your first "Calling it" ramma- PPL might think you are/were serious, and "they" might "brush off" your RED ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!. :cool:

On the "run" ppl can't see IRONY.

(sprink a ler Mr. Sprin ka ler..."

YouTube - De La Soul "Saturdays" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig5Xi-S0Fjo)

ramallamamama
10-20-2009, 02:47 AM
Thanks Rev8 and thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

revolutionary8
10-20-2009, 02:59 AM
Thanks Rev8 and thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

Thank YOU-
You are the "winner".
You called it first.

You were right.
Pretty simple.
what's "amazing" is that ppl can't/WON'T see that.
happy looking..

ramallamamama
10-20-2009, 03:17 AM
It's amazing how complicit the media was. I think something fucking HUGE happened (while everyone was distracted) that will come out sometime soon...

revolutionary8
10-20-2009, 03:51 AM
YouTube - Love Will Tear Us Apart- Joy Division (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yTIpcwBTTs)

"LOVE will tear us apart...AGAIN"

Lead singer, songwriter- (Joy Division, NEW (WORLD) ORDER-
dead.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-20-2009, 03:51 AM
nt

devil21
10-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Yes, yes please pay attention to this instead of war with Iran going hot thanks to the CIA.

PLEASE! Stupid people are much more entertaining!

revolutionary8
10-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Yes, yes please pay attention to this instead of war with Iran going hot thanks to the CIA.

It's amazing how complicit the media was. I think something fucking HUGE happened (while everyone was distracted) that will come out sometime soon...

over here... over herrrreeee.... waving arms...

tpreitzel
10-20-2009, 02:00 PM
The incident is simply one party using (exploiting) another for the sake of financial gain. Unless this guy gains his own "Reality" show, the winner will again be the mass media. Historically, our laws aren't based on motivators for actions, but the actions themselves. Historically, mom and dad's duty was to correct any imbalance between motivation and action. ;) Hopefully, by the time an individual was mature, these imbalances were largely corrected. Rightfully, our law has historically been based on one's actions. Recently, "hate" crime legislation has been passed that now criminalizes motivators which is a slippery slope, because NO human (or any creature) operates in a vacuum without external influence. Now that the door has been opened for criminalizing motivators, why not go after Hollywood as one of the biggest instigators of "hate" on the planet through their propaganda. If I were this guy, I'd attempt to use Hollywood as a test case. Do I agree with extending law to include motivators? No. However, motivators do play a role in actions whether criminalized or not. "It takes two to tango." ;)

Oyate
10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Man, as far as I've looked into this story, this guy has charges coming bigtime. If I hadn't seen more egregious examples of stupidity this year I'd simply be in shock.

The guy terrifies half a nation and wasted innumerable law enforcement resources BECAUSE HE WANTED TO BE ON TELEVISION? He got his kid to LIE to law enforcement for this reason?

This goes a few steps beyond irresponsible. I hate to say it but I question his competency as a parent and if wife went along with it, she shares in the guilt.

And what I'll say without question: he should remunerate the public for this waste of funds. Even in the most clinical analysis, he intended to make money from this venture and it failed. Like any "business man" he has to pay for the failure.

And if I was him I'd move to another state. If his present house catches on fire, how fast do you think FD is gonna run to help him?

The boy who cried wolf got eaten for his troubles. The adult has even more exposure.

tpreitzel
10-20-2009, 02:46 PM
The guy terrifies half a nation and wasted innumerable law enforcement resources BECAUSE HE WANTED TO BE ON TELEVISION? He got his kid to LIE to law enforcement for this reason?

A little melodramatic, wouldn't you say? You might be acting under the influence. (AUI) ;)

BTW, did this guy terrify "half a nation" by personally doing so himself? ;) I D O N ' T think so. I'm willing to bet that nearly no one saw this man or his balloon in person. Who forced YOU to turn on the boob tube? So, we have another party involved, don't we? I'd wager this latter party made a financial fortune of this guy's stunt. No, I'm not defending this guy's actions as his actions were infantile.

BlackTerrel
10-20-2009, 03:51 PM

People are capable of focusing on more than one thing. Should we drop everything and just discuss Iran 24/7.

BTW we're not going to war with Iran - at least not for the next couple years.

devil21
10-20-2009, 04:13 PM
People are capable of focusing on more than one thing. Should we drop everything and just discuss Iran 24/7.

People here may be but I doubt the ability of the average person. Most are clueless about Iran in the first place so nonsense like this sure isn't helping. I like to think I can hold the members here to a little higher standard than to get caught up in stupid non-issues like some fame seeking bad parent flying a giant bag of JiffyPop over the countryside.

BTW we're not going to war with Iran - at least not for the next couple years.

Arranging for a suicide bombing of the Revolutionary Guard's officers is indeed a quiet way to start a war. I guess your idea of war is all planes and missiles and stuff. Not mine. Iran dropped the dollar. CIA bombed in response. It will only escalate.

familydog
10-20-2009, 04:31 PM

Oh, the irony.

I really hope they do.