PDA

View Full Version : Why the national GOP is as bad as the Jersey GOP

bobbyw24
10-18-2009, 07:41 AM
After decades of watching this state's sorry excuse for a Republican Party initiate such liberal initiatives as government-funded preschool, that $8.7 billion in school-construction borrowing without voter approval and other atrocities, I make no secret of the fact that I just wish the Republicans would give up and let some other party form the opposition in Trenton.

The final straw came earlier this year with the party politburo's unanimous endorsement of a campaign against conservative Steve Lonegan that was just one big, fat lie. It was positively Orwellian the way the party leaders cast Lonegan's plan to cut income taxes as a tax hike. And as I noted in my prior post, the attack on Lonegan for planning to end tax rebates was a big, fat lie as well. Party pick Chris Christie has now announced that he will be borrowing the money to fund those rebates - exactly as Lonegan predicted.

It's no coincidence that Christie was allied to the Bush administration, which was as bad on the national level as the Whitman administration was on the state level. (Note: If you're so naive you still think Bush was a conservative, this is the wrong blog for you. Go to the Neocon Review. )

Over at Takimag, the always-amusing Southern Avenger has a good analysis of why the national GOP may be obsolete as well after the big-government disaster of George W. Bush.

The Avenger aims his wrath at Republican Senator Lindsay Graham of South Carolina, and notes that Graham's big-government liberalism is the liberalism of Bush as well.

"Conservatives who now trash Lindsey for siding with the Democrats have short memories, as it was Bush who first promoted amnesty, who 'abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system' with TARP, and grew our government and debt to record heights. At every turn, Graham was Bush’s boy," writes the Avenger.

He goes on to add that the sole true conservative in the GOP is Ron Paul, who wants to return us to the conservatism of the Founding Fathers.

He notes that Graham has accused Paul of desiring to "hijack" the GOP and concludes, "While any future Republican Party worth having must indeed, finally be 'hijacked' by the principles of limited, constitutional government, big government Republicans like Graham would like nothing more than a safe return to the good old Bush days when constituents would just keep their mouths shut, wallets open and their votes-a-comin.’

"If this happens—and there’s a good chance it might—conservatives, constitutionalists and patriots of all stripes interested in genuine political revolution must finally to go to whichever party, old or new, that best suits their interests. And Lindsey Graham and his retread Republican Party—can go to hell."
When they get there, they will no doubt be greeted by the cream of the New Jersey Republican establishment.

Video at

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2009/10/why_the_national_gop_is_as_bad.html

sofia
10-18-2009, 08:08 AM
NJ Republicans are disgusting..

Governor Tom Kean: He once ran TV ads with a jail cell in the background. He admonishes the viewer: "Pay your taxes. (slams jail cell door shut) Or go to jail!"

Governor Christine Whitman: Despite having a HUGE majority in both legislative houses, state spending and deficits exploded under her.

..and if that obese jerkoff Chris Christie wins, expect more of the same. I HATE this state!

FSP-Rebel
10-18-2009, 02:21 PM
NJ republicans might want to consider moving to NH as part of the Free State Project. All of our state republican legislators vote against proposed state income and sales taxes. They always vote against seat belt and mandatory car insurance laws. They never vote against the 2nd Amendment. We also have at least 10 libertarians elected as republicans. Plus, each legislator represents only 3000 people, so your vote actually matters here.