PDA

View Full Version : Florida Debate

mtmedlin
10-01-2007, 12:28 PM
They released the requirements:

Republican Party of Florida Announces Participation Requirements for
October 21 Debate
Tallahassee—Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer announced the requirements today for Republican presidential candidates who wish to participate in the RPOF debate on October 21, 2007.
In making the announcement, Chairman Greer said, “We are excited that FOX News Channel will televise the debate and offer Floridians and people across the nation a chance to get to know the candidates better. The Republican Party of Florida has provided for a fair and objective process by which presidential candidates will qualify to participate in the debate, and we look forward to a spirited dialogue on the issues that matter to our families, businesses, and communities.”
Below are the debate participation requirements:
1. The candidate must meet all Constitutional requirements for the office of President of the United States.
2. The candidate must be a registered Republican.
3. The candidate must have a minimum of one (1) percent support in at least three (3) of the following independent statewide surveys of no fewer than 300 registered or likely Florida Republican voters, which are completed and their results made public at any time between August 1, 2007 and October 7, 2007: Mason-Dixon Polling and Research, Inc., Insider Advantage, American Research Group, Inc., Quinnipiac University, Rasmussen Reports, and Strategic Vision, LLC. The candidate must meet the percentage support threshold without the benefit of the margin of error of the surveys utilized.
4. Any candidate meeting the above requirements will be invited to participate in the debate.
The debate, which will be hosted by Brit Hume, will be presented live on FOX News Channel and FOX News Radio.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
uhhh this means we're not in?

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 12:59 PM
3. The candidate must have a minimum of one (1) percent support in at least three (3) of the following independent statewide surveys of no fewer than 300 registered or likely Florida Republican voters, which are completed and their results made public at any time between August 1, 2007 and October 7, 2007: Mason-Dixon Polling and Research, Inc., Insider Advantage, American Research Group, Inc., Quinnipiac University, Rasmussen Reports, and Strategic Vision, LLC. The candidate must meet the percentage support threshold without the benefit of the margin of error of the surveys utilized.

It's the last sentence that we don't meet so far. Florida supporters better get active. Perhaps we should organize some newspaper buys?

steph3n
10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Miami meetup is tonight I will be SURE they know this!

Johnnybags
10-01-2007, 01:07 PM
which can easily be manipulated to zero, methinks they are trying to squeeze him out. May have to have an emergency " Liberty Speech" next door.

fourameuphoria
10-01-2007, 01:08 PM
uh, oh shit? can we get one of those yellow exclamation mark thingies up for this thread?

Dustancostine
10-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Uh the polling period is almost over, it says from August 1 - October 7. They are trying to screw us over. Bastards. :(

Johnnybags
10-01-2007, 01:24 PM
We can have a freedom rally and make donations next door and have more people. How embarrassing would that be. More show up to that than the debate, FOX debate numbers drop as noone watches it. 3.1 million down to 1.5.

Hook
10-01-2007, 01:25 PM

It's the last sentence that we don't meet so far. Florida supporters better get active. Perhaps we should organize some newspaper buys?

I don't think so. I think that means that you can't say that you got 0%, but the margin of error is 5%, so you may have gotten 4-5%.
I think that Dr. Paul is at least 1% in several of those polls.

Alopederii
10-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Ron Paul meets the requirements.

Check the polls: http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/florida.html

Green Mountain Boy
10-01-2007, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=Bradley in DC;230317]

I don't think so. I think that means that you can't say that you got 0%, but the margin of error is 5%, so you may have gotten 4-5%.
I think that Dr. Paul is at least 1% in several of those polls.

Yes, it says "without the benefit.." Ron paul is at at least 1% withouth adding any margin of error points.

Dustancostine
10-01-2007, 01:32 PM
9/22 Strategic Vision = RP= 3%
9/18 Mason Dixon = RP = 1%
9/9 Quinnipiac = RP = 2%
8/11 Strategic Vision = RP = 2%

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/florida.html

So it looks like we are ok. I think.

steph3n
10-01-2007, 01:35 PM
no, he isn't meeting them if you look at it with the margin of error, they want only the 4 chosen one's there, by their measure there will be no huckabee, paul, brownback, etc etc.

They are saying in essence someone needs 5% to be in the debate!

fourameuphoria
10-01-2007, 01:37 PM
If they did it by Fundraising... McCain would probably be excluded

Dustancostine
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
It says must meet the requirement with out the margin of error. That means that if RP has 2% and the margin of error is 5%, then he could be polling anywhere from -3% to 7%. It is saying that you cannot count 7% only the 2%. That means we are fine.

Green Mountain Boy
10-01-2007, 01:42 PM
no, he isn't meeting them if you look at it with the margin of error, they want only the 4 chosen one's there, by their measure there will be no huckabee, paul, brownback, etc etc.

They are saying in essence someone needs 5% to be in the debate!

NO, they're saying he must make 1% "without the benefit of the margin of error" Benefit of margin of error means adding 4 or 5% to your percentage. It does not mean subtraction.

RJB
10-01-2007, 01:43 PM
We'll have to threated to do the rally we had in Iowa when he was banned from the tax forum.

Johnnybags
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
9/22 Strategic Vision = RP= 3%
9/18 Mason Dixon = RP = 1%
9/9 Quinnipiac = RP = 2%
8/11 Strategic Vision = RP = 2%

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/florida.html

So it looks like we are ok. I think.

Basically they'll all be there but for Keyes. You need to show 1 percent.

steph3n
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
ok not sure though :) They may twist it

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
which can easily be manipulated to zero, methinks they are trying to squeeze him out. May have to have an emergency " Liberty Speech" next door.

If someone has a place to say for me I will fly down with some people.

Dustancostine
10-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Man, I actually enjoy watching Keyes in the debate, at least it is not the same drivel.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Man, I actually enjoy watching Keyes in the debate, at least it is not the same drivel.

lol I'm glad he won't be there

Johnnybags
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
The NH debate FOX announced a drawing and at the front and center were Mitt,Ghouls, and McCain. Odds astronomical. This time the buffoon Thompson will join them dead center with another drawing? Odds more astronomical.

steph3n
10-01-2007, 01:57 PM
What is the venue? Tallahassee?

fourameuphoria
10-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Soo... we're cool, then?

Green Mountain Boy
10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
The NH debate FOX announced a drawing and at the front and center were Mitt,Ghouls, and McCain. Odds astronomical. This time the buffoon Thompson will join them dead center with another drawing? Odds more astronomical.

They didn't say "random drawing," just "drawing." Britt Hume probably took out a pen and made a little drawing on paper with Rudy McRomney in the middle, lol.:D

DataSage
10-01-2007, 09:32 PM
What is the venue? Tallahassee?

Orlando.

Matt Collins
10-01-2007, 09:39 PM
So what's the final word on this?!?!

Hook
10-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Pretty sure we are cool.

steph3n
10-02-2007, 01:16 AM
Orlando.

Yep I found out at the meetup and informed them of the new rules too.