PDA

View Full Version : I just watched "For Liberty" for the first time.

brandon
10-17-2009, 09:32 PM
I watched it with my girlfriend, who I started dating 3 days before I got on a plane headed to MN for the Rally for the Republic.

It was an excellent documentary....it actually brought tears to my eyes a couple times. It's amazing how this movement completely took over my life for a year and a half. I met so many people. I traveled to New Hampshire, DC, Minnesota, New Jersey and Virginia. I helped organize a meetup. Helped plan a rally that over 5000 people showed up for. Got my name on the ballot to run for national delegate. Posted on an internet forum almost 7000 times..... It's been a hell of a ride and I'm so glad most of you were there with me.

The only complaint I have about For Liberty is I constantly felt the need to pause it so I could give my girlfriend more details about the different events and help her put it in perspective. But this would be the case even if the documentary was 100 hours long....there was just too much that happened to ever sum it up in one movie, book, or conversation.

I've had a few glasses of merlot....and I just want to tell everyone that has been here since the beginning that I love you all. It's been a hell of a ride, hasn't it? Even though we didn't win, I think the history books may one day give us the credit we deserve.

Cheers! :)

angelatc
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah. It rocked. I love you all too.

TortoiseDream
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I watched it with my girlfriend, who I started dating 3 days before I got on a plane headed to MN for the Rally for the Republic.

It was an excellent documentary....it actually brought tears to my eyes a couple times. It's amazing how this movement completely took over my life for a year and a half. I met so many people. I traveled to New Hampshire, DC, Minnesota, New Jersey and Virginia. I helped organize a meetup. Helped plan a rally that over 5000 people showed up for. Got my name on the ballot to run for national delegate. Posted on an internet forum almost 7000 times..... It's been a hell of a ride and I'm so glad most of you were there with me.

The only complaint I have about For Liberty is I constantly felt the need to pause it so I could give my girlfriend more details about the different events and help her put it in perspective. But this would be the case even if the documentary was 100 hours long....there was just too much that happened to ever sum it up in one movie, book, or conversation.

I've had a few glasses of merlot....and I just want to tell everyone that has been here since the beginning that I love you all. It's been a hell of a ride, hasn't it? Even though we didn't win, I think the history books may one day give us the credit we deserve.

Cheers! :)

The fight is just beginning! :D

MRoCkEd
10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the review. I found it really inspirational.
But shouldn't you be posting some pictures?

Jeremy
10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Yet you still lie to your fellow RPFers! Booooo

Kotin
10-17-2009, 09:47 PM
it has been interesting.. and educational.. :p

brandon
10-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the review. I found it really inspirational.
But shouldn't you be posting some pictures?

Yet you still lie to your fellow RPFers! Booooo

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2373067&postcount=2595