PDA

View Full Version : someone going into all the threads rating them a 1 star?

UCFGavin
10-01-2007, 12:20 PM
i just looked and off to the side all the threads are one. i figured it might be default so i went into one and hit 5 and sure enough it went to three :confused:

noxagol
10-01-2007, 12:21 PM
..Then they fight you. It is some mindless sabotuer.

UCFGavin
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
..Then they fight you. It is some mindless sabotuer.

thats what i figured. i wonder if the guy knows how pathetic it is haha

Mr. White
10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Or someopne that thinks a lot of the threads are worthless. *shrug* Does it really matter? good observation though.

risiusj
10-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh noes. I won't read anything with 1 circle.

steph3n
10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
side benefit, maybe thy can learn something by opening one of the threads.

Elwar
10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I didn't realize we could rate the threads.

heh

paulitics
I caught on to that earlier in the day, someone rating threads about closed primary deadlines, 1 star.

TechnoGuyRob
This Ron bot has done his job to fix it. :P

Not that it matters.

P.S. Now everyone knows they can rate threads, it'll probably a reflex to vote it a 5. So those 1-stars didn't pay off. :P

UCFGavin
10-01-2007, 12:31 PM
hahaha, now everyone is going into the threads and rating them 5 stars.

Ron Paul Fan
10-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Maybe a concerned citizen is just trying to make a point that there are 20 different duplicates of articles, people are making threads that have nothing to do with Ron Paul, and people are proposing things that are illegal. Ok I confess, I have been rating all of them 1 star!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have exposed everyone for the frauds that they are. I've seen the Rand Paul article about him saying we have more cash on hand than the others about 30 times and I've seen countless off topic posts(some kid got hit by a car and that's Ron Paul related?), and someone proposed we put stuff in mailboxes which is illegal. Also, this post is offtopic so what's it doing here? I've exposed the whole system today and I won't stop until it's changed!!!!!!! If you want to change it, then vote them all 5 stars. Otherwise, the rating system has been exposed as the sham that it is! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dartan
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
We can rate threads? cool

kalami
10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
We can rate threads? cool

exactly, hardly knows about it or notices the ratings. remove the feature if it's being abused

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:02 PM
thats what i figured. i wonder if the guy knows how pathetic it is haha

yeah.. and that it's a complete waste of time lol

ronpaulhawaii
10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
...countless off topic posts(some kid got hit by a car and that's Ron Paul related?), and someone proposed we put stuff in mailboxes which is illegal. ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, This is Grassroots Central, right? And the guy hit by the car was a GR activist doing GR activity, right?

and isn't proposing a GR activity, illegal or not, a valid post for this board?

Perhaps you are just being... funny

m
www.ronpaulriders.com (http://www.ronpaulriders.com)

Ron Paul Fan
10-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Then by that admission, half of the threads on here should be moved! Every thread where people post an article about Ron Paul's odds to win and going to war with Iran should be moved! Don't you see the inconsistency here? So it's the inefficiency of the bureaucracy that's the problem here! A certain member on here left the forum the other day because of this inconsistency. I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Remember, it's dissent from forum policy that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty.

BillyDkid
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
You know it's one thing to support another candidate, it's another to simply oppose someone elses candidate. The funny thing is - if your message is true and compelling you don't need to resort to underhanded, scummy stuff. That is why I don't understand this urge to censor the Iranian President. To my mind you let all views and all positions and all argument get heard and trust the American people to decide what is true and what is right. This is why I hate the current GOP - their answer to opposing views is not to debate them openly and let the best idea win. Their answer is to censor opposing views. If your arguments are strong you have nothing to fear from opposing views. The neocon/prowar agenda is false and based on lies and deceit so it can not stand up to scrutiny or to opposing views. Some people love the truth while others despise it if it contradicts their agenda.

Perry
10-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Does anyone read a thread because of it's rating?

speciallyblend
10-01-2007, 04:37 PM
well can always rate them all 5;) im sure one putz cnt keep up with 1000's of freedom supporters RON PAUL 2008

speciallyblend
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Well so what if there are 9 threads about the same thing,if a new person sees one of the nine then GREAT,hell you cant find half the threads a day later for most.WHy does it matter as long as new people see the threads .FREEDOM WORKS WONDERS ,dont open the thread :)

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Does anyone read a thread because of it's rating?

no... I go by the thread's title

Bryan
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Then by that admission, half of the threads on here should be moved! Every thread where people post an article about Ron Paul's odds to win and going to war with Iran should be moved! Don't you see the inconsistency here? So it's the inefficiency of the bureaucracy that's the problem here! A certain member on here left the forum the other day because of this inconsistency.
Are you referring to Thunderbolt?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=227875#post227875

If so, he said he left because some members attacked him not because his thread (which was a duplicate of several others) was deleted and a nice note sent to him about it. That mod case was pretty straight forward.

If you think a thread should be moved please flag it with this http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif.

We're trying to find the best balance, some threads are border line and if the user is well established then they get the benefit of the doubt with our sliding scale.

Remember, it's dissent from forum policy that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty.
True, and it also helps to offer solutions to the problems. :) Not everything works, we're trying but we don't have all the answers or will be able to mod everything perfect. Even with the mod team we have now we can still have disagreements on specific threads. Thanks for being the dissent. :) Really. :)

steph3n
10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
I sure hope thunderbolt did not take my reply as an attack, I was only pointing out that the same thing had been posted many times that day :(

Maybe I was blunt but I meant no insult at all.

Hook
10-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Maybe we should just have one great big forum, so we don't have to worry about which one to post in :D