PDA

View Full Version : My Crazy Idea

goRPaul
10-01-2007, 12:04 PM
So crazy, it just might work.....

This would have to be initiated by the campaign, but I want to know what you think about it.

I think that Ron's dedicated supporters will do whatever he asks of us, and then some. But what if we were asked to do something we can't possibly do- $10 million if Q4. Start the counter sometime after the Q3 results come out.

I think that being able to see a quill or a thermometer that shows our progress has greatly increased our willingness to donate several times. If the bar is set at $10 million, and we were able to see the progress for the three months, we would do whatever takes to answer the call.... and then some.

Is this crazy? Is this not possible? Would this backfire? Tell me what you think.

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 12:16 PM
The counter already started, per FEC rules.

I like the idea and we've been discussing this in other threads and chat rooms. I think the concensus is to do state by state per capita goals--perhaps using state logos instead of 50 thermometers. The idea would be for Meetup groups and supporters to rise to the challenge of their respective states.

goRPaul
10-01-2007, 12:35 PM
The counter already started, per FEC rules.

I like the idea and we've been discussing this in other threads and chat rooms. I think the concensus is to do state by state per capita goals--perhaps using state logos instead of 50 thermometers. The idea would be for Meetup groups and supporters to rise to the challenge of their respective states.

I meant, display the counter after the Oct. 15th report.

I really like that idea- do it state by state. That makes it much more personal. Do you have a link to these threads? I'm gonna start looking for them.