PDA

View Full Version : The shameless racial pandering of the GOP

sofia
10-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Boxer Jack Johnson was arrested 100 years ago for dating white women. And suddenly NOW John McCain and Peter King are pushing Obama for a posthumus presidential pardon???? FEW EVEN REMEMBER HIS NAME.

If they were so concerned about this matter, why didnt they think of it when Bush was president???

Not that Johnson shouldn't be pardoned, but what about all the other blacks arrested in that era?...or how about homosexuals who had done time for violating anti sodomy laws back in the day?..or how about violators of the anti-drinking prohibition?...Obama could be signing pardons 24/7!

Clearly the intent here is for the GOP to show what good diversity lovers and non-racists they are. "Look at us everybody! We pardoned a black man!"

I'm sure that this generous act will enable the GOP to rob Obama of at least half of the black vote. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is...Obama will probably take the credit like it was his idea!!!! lol.....and if anything, calling attention to this might even open up old wounds and cause blacks to be even more angry.

If these shameless GOP panderers really want to correct an injustice and help a black man WHO IS ACTUALLY STILL ALIVE AND CURRENTLY IN JAIL, how about pardoning Plaxico Burress....currently doing 3 years for the heinous crime of carrying an "illegal handgun."

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/10225858/McCain-wants-Obama-to-pardon-late-boxing-champ

Cowlesy
10-17-2009, 06:49 AM
28 troops were killed in Afghanistan this month.

The economy continues to bleed jobs.

Our civil liberties are being further eroded.

I think John McCain and Peter King need to get their priorities straight if they're trying to get a 100 year old posthumous pardon for some boxer.

pacelli
10-17-2009, 07:47 AM

I think John McCain and Peter King need to get their priorities straight if they're trying to get a 100 year old posthumous pardon for some boxer.

Basically this sends a signal to me: McCain, King, and the GOP are basically saying, "All the work has been done". They have no solutions and are not interested in coming up with solutions, other than those that keep them employed.

Aratus
10-17-2009, 09:33 AM
they also are trying to get barack obama's busy potus ear...
it does look like a gambit and not just because they are
trying to bring back many afro-americans into the g.o.p...

angelatc
10-17-2009, 09:37 AM
I have an idea. Let's just pardon every dead black man for everything they've done. THen we can be done with this.

Aratus
10-17-2009, 10:04 AM
i think mccain is trying to remake the g.o.p into looking like compassionate conservative "mavericky" jocks...
if potus barack obama is too busy to even notice this new crusade of mccain's, he is acting totally uber-geek!!!

Liberty Star
10-17-2009, 10:12 AM
McCain and King are two of the biggest supporters of AIPAC, this is really strange timing. Or just a diversion tactic to revive a century old issue just when UN has voted to refer Israel for war crimes investigation?

McCain, King, explain the timing if you happen to be surfing this forum and reading this in your spare time.

Liberty Star
10-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Politico has done a piece on this subject too that is featured on yahoo news page, could be the new concerted MSM campaign. That still doesn't explain why McCain and King picked this issue over all the other pressing current issues like Afghanistan, Palestine, economy etc as others noted:

Breaking the last racial taboo

Featured Topics: Barack Obama

Ben Smith – Thu Oct 15, 6:39 am ET

While the Supreme Court legalized interracial marriage in 1967, attitudes were relatively slow to change in much of the country. When Dean Rusk, who was secretary of state at the time, learned that his daughter planned to marry a black man that same year, he offered his resignation, which President Lyndon B. Johnson declined. Former Massachusetts Sen. Ed Brooke, an African-American, was married to an Italian woman he’d met as a soldier in World War II, something he later said was sometimes used against him even in that liberal state. And Obama himself faced challenges to his racial authenticity as the child of a mixed marriage

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20091015/pl_politico/28175

catdd
10-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Fiddling while Rome burns.

UnReconstructed
10-17-2009, 10:57 AM

word

BlackTerrel
10-17-2009, 01:30 PM
I have an idea. Let's just pardon every dead black man for everything they've done. THen we can be done with this.

You do realize this guy was dating white women? Spare the hyperbole.

BlackTerrel
10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
McCain and King are two of the biggest supporters of AIPAC, this is really strange timing. Or just a diversion tactic to revive a century old issue just when UN has voted to refer Israel for war crimes investigation?

McCain, King, explain the timing if you happen to be surfing this forum and reading this in your spare time.

And Liberty Star blames Israel. Shocker :D

We need to start a new competition: :"What can't Liberty Star blame on Israel?"

I'm going to start. What about those annoying drivers, usually old people, who refuse to turn right on red? They'll sit there, keep inching up, looking left just to make sure again, and if a car is within a mile of them they won't budge. Totally slows me down. How is Israel to blame for that?

I know it's tough, but I'm going to stump you one of these days.

pacelli
10-17-2009, 01:50 PM
And .............. blames Israel.

Every single post either has Israel, Zionist, or Palestine in it somewhere. Talk about a 1-issue poster!

The answer to your question about drivers (and yes, I'm being sarcastic)-- in Palestine, they don't have fast cars, because the jooz give the palistinians only the clunkers, so everything moves much slower. Add to the problem that the jooz have denied the palestinians access to the color red through AIPAC (and AAFLAC, quack quack) infiltrators. No red lights, drivers have a difficulty processing red.. I think there's a connection there... somewhere.. :eek:

Liberty Star
10-17-2009, 05:07 PM
What about those annoying drivers, usually old people, who refuse to turn right on red? They'll sit there, keep inching up, looking left just to make sure again, and if a car is within a mile of them they won't budge. Totally slows me down. How is Israel to blame for that?

Let's be fair, we can't blame Israel for some old citizen on the road driving 10Mph in 45 zone or taking a nap at the red light. Unless we're talking about driving in holy land, holy land drivers in sharp contrast tend to be on the edge and always trying to cut ahead if you're bent on finding a connection:

http://forecasthighs.com/2007/11/22/whats-eating-the-israeli-driver/

Unless the argument is that the only reason grandpa is on the road is becaise he looking for a job in a bad economy brought upon by mideast wars and arab oil exploits, then perhaps we can look into economic cost for US seniors linked to Israeli occupation of Palestinians but we'll have to prove that grandpa's retirement fund was in great shape before the wars and this decline is direct result of mid east policy.

Whay say you now LOL

anaconda
10-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Why do the people of Arizona elect his pathetic sorry ass?

Colony14
10-17-2009, 05:35 PM
I think the GOP is PATHETIC to even THINK they could ever get 1 single Black or Latino/Hispanic Vote away from Obama, it's absolutely ridiculous.
I also don't understand this.
WHY is the GOP soooo worried about 13% of the population?
What about the OTHER percent of the population?
It's like some sort of RACE to GET the most of the 13% Black vote!
The GOP is dreamin' the impossible dream with this one.
It's Not gonna happen, and McCain just can't get that thru his head.

james1906
10-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Has Congress ever issued a posthumous apology to Joe Louis and returned the money stolen from his to his heirs?

If not, could perhaps Ron Paul and a few of his buddies (perhaps Grayson or Bachmann) get the ball rolling on it?

Dunedain
10-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I got a black guy, black woman, white woman, black (transgendered), mixed woman.

I think the GOP and the democrats are in a competition to alienate as many of us as possible.

Colony14
10-17-2009, 08:33 PM
They could always get Steele to put on a Dress and High Heels to pasify the PC Crowd.
That would create a HUGE problem for the MSM Media outlets! They would scramble to get Steele on their programming! He would be BEGGED to show up on the 'View' to have BawBaw and Wooooopie "not Rape, Rape", on and fast.

pacelli
10-17-2009, 09:02 PM
They could always get Steele to put on a Dress and High Heels to pasify the PC Crowd.
That would create a HUGE problem for the MSM Media outlets! They would scramble to get Steele on their programming! He would be BEGGED to show up on the 'View' to have BawBaw and Wooooopie "not Rape, Rape", on and fast.

Hey, it worked for Rudy!

anaconda
10-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Has Congress ever issued a posthumous apology to Joe Louis and returned the money stolen from his to his heirs?

If not, could perhaps Ron Paul and a few of his buddies (perhaps Grayson or Bachmann) get the ball rolling on it?

That was all per the IRS Code I believe. I cannot see the Congress (except for Ron Paul) apologizing for the IRS doing their unconstitutional "job."