PDA

View Full Version : Project Media Q3: Help spread the word about Ron Paul to the media! It takes 20 secs!

TechnoGuyRob
10-01-2007, 11:44 AM
EDIT: Note that this site doesn't work yet! It will tonight! Let's just say this is an alpha preview for members of this forum. :-)

So, since the million dollar goal was on its way to easily getting reached, I figured I'd start a little project to get the word out to the media: collect a bunch of reporter's emails, Ron Paul fan emails, and e-mail messages, and pick some of the messages for each reporter, and send them from some the RP fan emails (using a script--it's ungodly easy to fake e-mails).

I was planning to be finished tomorrow, but I need about an hour or two more of coding. The site is here:

Project Media Q3 (http://www.therobert.org/stuff/rpmq3/)

It will look more sharp and actually function later tonight. However, I would like comments and suggestions for now. I will make a new topic when the site is complete later tonight.

Also, you can start working on some e-mails. For example, you could write two paragraphs about how RP has made $1,000,000 in a week, than Richardson and Edwards, and this will be sent to the reporters. If you do this (which would be amazing), make sure to save it somewhere and submit it later tonight when the form is working.

I have decided not to support IE, because it's one of the most disgustinly un-W3 standard browsers out there, and I refuse to even acknowledge its existence. If someone really wants me to support it, just let me know here, but I would rather that Ron Paul fans use real browsers like Firefox.

Please comment! Thanks! :)

kylejack
10-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Get rid of that crap forcing me to use Firefox. I'm at work and don't have a choice on browser. I use Firefox at home.

TechnoGuyRob
10-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Sigh. Alright. :P

I'll remove the IE script, but it'll look ugly...I might make it look nice for IE if I have time. ;-)

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 11:50 AM
heh.. I use firefox :D

I signed up

TechnoGuyRob
10-01-2007, 11:53 AM
It doesn't work yet! Sign up tonight, I'll let you guys know when it's fully functional.

Just give me any comments/suggestions for now so I can change the focus of the project if I missed something important.

Bruehound
10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I would suggest that a system to target Letters to the Editor email addresses be considered for a future project using this approach. For LTE's the submission emails must include full contact information(name, town, phone)

TechnoGuyRob
10-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Brilliant! I'll add that! :-)

Those kinds of suggestions are exactly what I need.

Elwar
10-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Looks great.

Will you be doing anything for those who might be adding a reporter's contact info who is already in the database?

Not that it's all that important...dupes can be deleted server side, but if someone wants to do a lot of work filling it they may want to know their not duplicating what's already there.

TechnoGuyRob
10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Looks great.

Will you be doing anything for those who might be adding a reporter's contact info who is already in the database?

Not that it's all that important...dupes can be deleted server side, but if someone wants to do a lot of work filling it they may want to know their not duplicating what's already there.

Yes, I'm a ridiculously meticulous programmer; and besides, I'll go over the database by hand before mailing it, just so make sure there's no problems.

EDIT: I'll even use Ajax to tell you if the reporter's been added before you click that "Submit" button! :-)