PDA

View Full Version : White House criticism of Fox increasing ratings: Murdoch

Eric Arthur Blair
10-16-2009, 07:05 PM
News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch said on Friday that White House criticism of commentators on his Fox News television channel had served to "tremendously" increase their ratings.

"There were some strong remarks coming out of the White House about one or two of the commentators on Fox News," Murdoch told the annual meeting of News Corp. shareholders here.

http://www.americanprogress.org/kf/murdoch.jpg

"And all I can tell you is that it's tremendously increased their ratings," he said.

Murdoch's remarks came after White House Communications Director Anita Dunn told The New York Times earlier this week that Fox News was "undertaking a war against Barack Obama and the White House."

Murdoch also restated his plans to begin charging readers of News Corp. newspapers on the Web. Currently, only the Murdoch-owned Wall Street Journal charges subscribers online.

"We intend to charge for our content on the Web," Murdoch said. "As I've said many times in the past good journalism comes at a price.

"In the future successful newspapers will charge for their content and aggregators will largely be excluded," he said.

The News Corp. chairman was also asked about the attitude of the Obama administration towards business.

"We're worried about the business climate and whether it will discourage the formation of new companies," he said.

"There is a public perception, certainly, that this government is anti-business," he said. "I'm not saying it's a correct perception but there is a perception and I think this perception is hurting the economy.

"We think the outlook for the economy is probably pretty steady," he added. "My own view... is that we're not going to get another vast steep decline but nor are we going to get any steep increase."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.76196516c169324ccab7851697322db f.61&show_article=1#idc-ctools

Eric Arthur Blair
10-16-2009, 07:12 PM
This will drive the other networks batshit crazy with jealousy. It's now only a mater of time before one of them tries to compete with Fox. A libertarian version of FOX could be a real possibility in the near future for a relaunched CNN or even MSNBC.

Dunedain
10-16-2009, 08:02 PM
As much as I hate Fox News....they are providing us with a much needed service in exposing the unending communist stench emanating from Barack Obama's cabinet.

The best we can hope for is that these two entities slay each other.

Dunedain
10-16-2009, 08:03 PM
This will drive the other networks batshit crazy with jealousy. It's now only a mater of time before one of them tries to compete with Fox. A libertarian version of FOX could be a real possibility in the near future for a relaunched CNN or even MSNBC.

I've hoped for the same for many years. However, making a profit is irrelevant to these companies. Creating a diverse, egalitarian and PC world is the main objective at the expense of all others...even profit.

olehounddog
10-16-2009, 08:09 PM
"good journalism comes at a price" lol

Eric Arthur Blair
10-16-2009, 08:15 PM
"good journalism comes at a price" lol

that bit is funny. Fox news is 90% an actor sitting behind a desk. There is almost zero news on it. They didn't even commission the Acorn expose they just showed it and than tried to take the credit for it.