PDA

View Full Version : Add HR-1207 to Military Funding?

mysticgeek
10-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I am not sure if this has been asked before, but could they add HR01207 or it's auditing components as a rider to say a Military or War funding bill that would pass through the war mongering congress easily?

MRoCkEd
10-16-2009, 05:56 PM
bawney fwank wants to attach it to a bill that gives the fed more power

olehounddog
10-16-2009, 06:03 PM
I think it should go through alone.

mysticgeek
10-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Yes I would think with the amount of sponsorship and support it has it should go through fine ... but you can't trust many people in those halls except for the good doctor. I am just worried that it might get watered down or screwed up in some fashion. So I was wondering what it would take to add the solid version it is now to a bill that would get passed through overwhelmingly ... kind of as a freedom "nuclear option" so to speak.

TCE
10-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Yes, it could. However, the way amendments work in the House of Representatives, the Rules Committee designates that the entire GOP can only offer a certain amount of amendments. With this in mind, the heads of the party pick a few that they like and those are what the GOP amendments are. Unfortunately, HR 1207 will never be on that list. In the Senate, it works much differently. Any Senator can propose any amendment at any given time.

unklejman
10-17-2009, 12:32 PM
It would be dishonest and hypocritical. We are trying to stop this kind of thing from happening.