PDA

View Full Version : ** Ron Paul at Afghanistan Policy Hearing [Youtube] **

mrchubbs
10-16-2009, 04:29 PM
This is great.... Ron Paul showing some forceful passion at a hearing on Afghanistan policy yesterday.

YouTube - Ron Paul - Hearing on Afghanistan 10/15/2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDQ-QXtXcg)

Enjoy!

polomertz
10-16-2009, 04:50 PM
"It looks like we have accepted this notion that perpetual war leads to perpetual peace."

raiha
10-16-2009, 04:59 PM
"It's a very sophisticated reason and YOU Congressman Paul are NOT sophisticated." was the implication of the responder. Bozo!
Humph...I nominate Ron Paul for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize!

dannno
10-16-2009, 05:05 PM
"Do you think those 19 guys went over there and did push ups in those camps?? There's no way they were there doing those things."

"If you study and you find out that people who are willing to sacrifice their life to make a point it's because we are seen as foreign occupiers."

dannno
10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
"It's a very sophisticated reason and YOU Congressman Paul are NOT sophisticated." was the implication of the responder. Bozo!
Humph...I nominate Ron Paul for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize!

He's a bozo because whether we are there militarily or whether we are coordinating intelligence operations or using our influence to control their resources, we are THERE when we should be HERE offering to buy their resources on the market. That's what he won't admit, he won't admit the true nature of our involvement over there because it is not within his realm of information that he subscribes to.

t0rnado
10-16-2009, 05:16 PM
These jingoists can't even come up with anything besides the old, "DEY HATE US FER OUR FREEDOMZ" crap.

IPSecure
10-16-2009, 05:19 PM
"Puppet Administration" :D

iddo
10-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Props to Ron Paul for giving these morons 20 seconds to respond, by using this tactic the underlying message is that nobody really wants to hear their drivel.

nobody's_hero
10-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Props to Ron Paul for giving these morons 20 seconds to respond, by using this tactic the underlying message is that nobody really wants to hear their drivel.

I don't think Ron Paul made the call as to how much response time the other 'doctor' was given.

Of course, I get the suspicion that even if he had been given an hour to talk, I'd have guessed right as to what would have been said. They've been saying the same thing for 8 years.

silverhandorder
10-16-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't think Ron Paul made the call as to how much response time the other 'doctor' was given.

Of course, I get the suspicion that even if he had been given an hour to talk, I'd have guessed right as to what would have been said. They've been saying the same thing for 8 years.

No he could only respond to Ron's remaining time. Even then the chair can always extend if he wants to listen. In any case I agree with Paul his response would be meaningless.

But I would caution anyone else to do the same. It's better to let the opposition speak and argue with them. It all depends on circumstances. To Ron it was more important to speak his mind fully.

jkr
10-16-2009, 06:41 PM
he almost has them, now he just needs to connect the dots to the US being the effective equivalent of britan when we revolted.

these people are trying to defend themselves...

awake
10-16-2009, 06:45 PM
It is indeed a strange coincidence; that both terrorists and the government share the same view on freedom.