PDA

View Full Version : Making headway because of the swine flu

LittleLightShining
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
I've said before that most of my friends are liberals. Some are unabashed Obama "sycophants" (their description, not mine). They have tolerated my support of Ron Paul, especially appreciating his positions on civil liberties and the wars. As time goes on and I keep plugging away on these issues I've noticed that all of the propaganda around the h1n1 vaccine is really starting to wake them up even more.

Part of it is that they seem to be realizing that the msm isn't reporting everything there is to report and coverage tends to be biased. The more articles I link to from alternative sources like antiwar.com and mercola.com the more they are questioning some of their most basic assumptions.

Anyone else having this experience?

Bruno
10-16-2009, 01:00 PM
I've said before that most of my friends are liberals. Some are unabashed Obama "sycophants" (their description, not mine). They have tolerated my support of Ron Paul, especially appreciating his positions on civil liberties and the wars. As time goes on and I keep plugging away on these issues I've noticed that all of the propaganda around the h1n1 vaccine is really starting to wake them up even more.

Part of it is that they seem to be realizing that the msm isn't reporting everything there is to report and coverage tends to be biased. The more articles I link to from alternative sources like antiwar.com and mercola.com the more they are questioning some of their most basic assumptions.

Anyone else having this experience?

No, probably because most of my friends are conservatives and I don't talk to my work friends who are liberals much about Obama specifically

LittleLightShining
10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
No, probably because most of my friends are conservatives and I don't talk to my work friends who are liberals much about Obama specifically

Well, I don't mean that they're necessarily shifting their adulation away from him so much as they are questioning assumptions.

Interestingly I don't seem to be making any progress at all with my more conservative leaning friends when it comes to the swine flu OR alternative media.

Vessol
10-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Yup, I've woken up a number of people including both my parents, my girlfriend, and a number of friends online and at work and university.

dannno
10-16-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm not on speaking terms with my main liberal statist friend that I used to talk about politics with a lot. I still have other friends, but we don't talk about politics much, cause they aren't really that into Obama or the whole progressive thing..there's not a whole lot I have to do to convince them that the whole system is BS.

Back when we were speaking, I showed him the law that MA was trying to pass that would allow them to fine and arrest people for not taking the flu vaccine. Even though it stated in plain English that the MA authorities would be given auhtorization to vaccinate the public, and anybody who did not follow their directions could be fined and detained, he read it as giving them the authority to vaccinate like they didn't have the authority to do it before, and now they do, but since the bill said nothing about forcing anybody to get vaccinated that they wouldn't force anybody.. and even if it was a law, people wouldn't force people to get the vaccine anyway.

The crazy thing is that I know if there was a pandemic around here, he would immediately change his tune and think that anybody who didn't get the shot was crazy and dangerous and would support arresting them. That's one of the reasons we're not speaking anymore. He is very inconsistent and had become completely irrational.

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 04:33 PM
The only way to beat world government is to show people who truly evil it is. I know that upsets some of the "but they'll call us loons" crowd but so what? Just follow the two cardinal rules of 1) know your audience and 2) be able to back your stuff up and you'll be fine. And remember, some people are just too far gone to be woken up.

LittleLightShining
10-16-2009, 05:23 PM
The only way to beat world government is to show people who truly evil it is. I know that upsets some of the "but they'll call us loons" crowd but so what? Just follow the two cardinal rules of 1) know your audience and 2) be able to back your stuff up and you'll be fine. And remember, some people are just too far gone to be woken up.

Yep.

MelissaWV
10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
The big thing that's being hammered home more and more frequently is that the Government isn't solving more problems than it is creating.

Swine flu? They showed all these images weeks ago of people getting the nasal vaccine. They talked so much about the vaccine that no one thought "Um, maybe we should say when and where people can get it?" and now it turns out *SHOCKED* there's a shortage and people are panicked, calling doctors' offices and trying to figure out when/where to get it. Only the doctors don't know. The states don't really know. The CDC doesn't really know.

The wars? Um, yeah, we're actually going to just shift people over, if that's okay. What? It's not? Damn.

More and more examples, and even the people that want "Universal Healthcare" have to be dismayed that their lofty idea has been whittled down to a pathetic mess that won't cover everyone and make people fart rainbows and all that good jazz. So nope, it doesn't surprise me that people who used to think this administration would solve all their ills are waking up a little more... I hope they wake up a LOT more!