PDA

View Full Version : Are "We the people" going about this all wrong?

Charlie41
10-16-2009, 09:15 AM
We (most of us) are bitching, writing letters, attending protests, and voting.

All of this is correct, and our patriotic duty.

But there is another direct, faster solution.

Local government. I just e-mailed the Denton county (Texas) sheriff, with this simple question in the subject line.

Subject: Are you an Oath keeper?

Main body: If not, why not?

Links: http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/200...orders-we.html

Seven little vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_bLh...eature=related

Try this approach along with every thing else you doing to get this great country back to the Constitution from which it was created.

SelfTaught
10-16-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm sure that it would be effective in some areas. I just don't think Mayor Daley or Pat Quinn would take me seriously.

In order to save Chicago, we need Batman....kinda joking.

JVParkour
10-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Please visit www.yearofyouth.org

I am a part of this political powerhouse, and that is exactly the intent. Localization.

I would say this has the potential to be one of the most influential organizations ever. And I am not even joking. Please check it out!!!!!

Kludge
10-16-2009, 09:30 AM
non-truncated link referenced in OP: http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/2009/03/oath-keepers-declaration-of-orders-we.html

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Good idea.

wizardwatson
10-16-2009, 09:36 AM
Please visit www.yearofyouth.org

I am a part of this political powerhouse, and that is exactly the intent. Localization.

I would say this has the potential to be one of the most influential organizations ever. And I am not even joking. Please check it out!!!!!

Why can't year of youth operate within CFL. It seems to me to be a "sub-mission" so to speak, in the overall CFL goal anyway.

Trying to reconstitute an email list is only again forcing the movement to have yet another online link they have to check and keep up with.

I do love the Scott Ritter quote though...

"Any movement that operates void of strategic vision, operational direction on how to manifest this strategic vision, and tactical clarity for bringing it all to practical fruition, as well as a unifying organizational structure, is simply wasting time and effort."
--Scott Ritter, former U.S. Marine and antiwar activist

wizardwatson
10-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Another good quote from that site...

"A revolution is coming -- a revolution which will be peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care enough; successful if we are fortunate enough -- but a revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We can affect its character, we cannot alter its inevitability."
--John F. Kennedy

LittleLightShining
10-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Why can't year of youth operate within CFL. It seems to me to be a "sub-mission" so to speak, in the overall CFL goal anyway.

Trying to reconstitute an email list is only again forcing the movement to have yet another online link they have to check and keep up with.

I do love the Scott Ritter quote though...

"Any movement that operates void of strategic vision, operational direction on how to manifest this strategic vision, and tactical clarity for bringing it all to practical fruition, as well as a unifying organizational structure, is simply wasting time and effort."
--Scott Ritter, former U.S. Marine and antiwar activistI like that Year of Youth is separate from C4L. A lot of things you think would be natural "sub-missions" of C4L don't fall within the confines of Republican party activity and partisan lobbying. The C4L is not (at least as far as I can tell) interested at all in any sort of local efforts unless they accomplish 2 things-- 1) an email address for their list and 2) donations above and beyond yearly membership dues.

Oyate
10-16-2009, 10:34 AM
I like that Year of Youth is separate from C4L. A lot of things you think would be natural "sub-missions" of C4L don't fall within the confines of Republican party activity and partisan lobbying. The C4L is not (at least as far as I can tell) interested at all in any sort of local efforts unless they accomplish 2 things-- 1) an email address for their list and 2) donations above and beyond yearly membership dues.

Well said. Our mission cannot be and should not be contained in the GOP.

And I'm gonna steal your sig one day. MUA HA HA HA HA.