PDA

View Full Version : Edwards, LOL

4Horsemen
10-01-2007, 11:12 AM
I got this in my email this morning. :)

Dear xxxxxx,

YOU DID IT!

At 7:21 p.m. yesterday, a $25 contribution from Melody of Cape May, New Jersey, put us over the $1 million raised online goal that we set eleven days ago.

Like Melody, thousands of you came through for John and Elizabeth and for our campaign. Thanks to you, we know the campaign is entering the critical fourth quarter with the resources to compete.

No matter what the critics might throw at us, John Edwards' message of bold change, of doing away with business-as-usual in Washington and of refusing to accept a dime from lobbyists and special interests will continue to resonate with voters in Iowa, New Hampshire, and key states all over the country.

By showing your support over the past ten days, you have helped us stay on the road to victory. Your contribution—no matter how large or small—has made a difference in bringing an end to politics as usual. And with matching funds for low-dollar contributions like that from Melody, your support now means more than ever.

You can be proud of your participation in our political process—and in standing by John as he seeks to fix the broken system that has been rigged against hard-working Americans for far too long.

Now begins the hard work of the next three months. Our field organizers and volunteers in the key states and at campaign headquarters in Chapel Hill are energized and working around the clock. Your continuing support means a lot to all of us.

Thank you, again, for helping us meet—and exceed—our goal. You are making a difference.

John and Elizabeth join me in thanking you for your support and commitment to this campaign for change.

Sincerely,

--David Bonior
National Campaign Manager
John Edwards for President
October 1, 2007

P.S. And don't forget, later this week we will be announcing the five supporters who will have the opportunity to work next to John in New Orleans in the near future. Stay tuned for details!

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, I admire his statement of refusal in accepting money from lobbyists and special interests. But somehow, why do I have a hard time believing that? :p

hard@work
10-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Well, I admire his statement of refusal in accepting money from lobbyists and special interests. But somehow, why do I have a hard time believing that? :p

Because he's not getting that money and support now, so he's more than happy to say "I don't need it!".

RJB
10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Did you donate to Edwards?:confused:

Santana28
10-01-2007, 11:23 AM
okay... so it took him 11 days to raise it instead of 10? thats what the email said.

and i'm not sure you can trust his online contributions since they obviously weren't live updating.

MsDoodahs
10-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm sure some people donated to dem campaigns BEFORE that debate where the top 3 revealed that not a damn one of them are serious about bringing our troops home from Iraq.

And now, they're joining us because they know Dr. Paul will get the troops out.

I welcome them!:)

LBT
10-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I doubt they even made the target.

I tuned into the website in the final hours and they were not tracking anything. Just had $920,*** total there as a static, with a day to go.

Maybe they fell behind track and just made some path estimations for daily updating to avoid the embarressment of failing to reach their target.

Ron had 3 times the website traffic.
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=ronpaul2008.com&site1=johnedwards.com&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=1m&size=Medium&url=ronpaul2008.com

FrankRep
10-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Yea! One Million!

MikeStanart
10-01-2007, 11:46 AM
And now, they're joining us because they know Dr. Paul will get the troops out.

I welcome them!:)

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more RP supporters due to the war stance. After all.....Hillary and Obama don't seem to be in support of troop withdrawl.