PDA

View Full Version : Obama to NOLA resident: whadaya want me to do, write a check?

MsDoodahs
10-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Liar in Chief took a few questions, and this response made my blood boil.

I can't find any tubes that aren't controlled MSM tubes; the moment is edited in this one, you can tell when you watch it.

Happens right around 1:22 mark.

YouTube - Obama Defends Himself Against Katrina Critics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTblNVODtIs)

OMG when he says "well there is this little thing called the Constitution" I almost threw up.

:mad:

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Wait a minute! He can fly to Europe to lobby for the Olympics but he only spends four hours in New Orleans?

MsDoodahs
10-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Wait a minute! He can fly to Europe to lobby for the Olympics but he only spends four hours in New Orleans?

I thought it was an hour and a half?

He had to hurry to get to a big fundraiser in unholywood ... or someplace in Kalifornia.

Hmmm....maybe he could write a check...

angelatc
10-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Screw New Orleans. More members of the parasite class.

They've been standing with their hands out for 4 freaking years now. It pisses me off to no end that they will never give up on their big-government-as-savior mentality.

While he was campaigning, he specifically addressed New Orleans,
As president, he said, he would streamline the bureaucracy, strengthen law enforcement to curb a rise in crime and immediately close the Mississippi River Gulf Outlet in order to restore wetlands to protect against storms.

Mr. Obama also said that he would seek to lessen the influence of politics in the Federal Emergency Management Agency by giving its director a fixed term, similar to the structure of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The FEMA director would serve a six-year term, under Mr. Obama’s plan, and report directly to the president.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to help New Orleans. It's one of the few areas of the country where construction workers can get a non-government job. In some respects they're better off than the rest of the country.

But Obama has no real interest in those people either. Apparently intent to live the rest of their lives playing perpetual victims, they were and are useful to him only as a chance to cash on on the "blame Bush" political capital and an occasional photo op.

MsDoodahs
10-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Yes, it's vastly more important for the fedgov to spend tax dollars bailing out too big to fail banks than using the money to rebuild a hospital in NOLA, those goddamned parasites don't deserve shit.

:rolleyes:

specsaregood
10-16-2009, 07:35 AM

They've been standing with their hands out for 4 freaking years now. It pisses me off to no end that they will never give up on their big-government-as-savior mentality.

I like to remind people of Ron Paul's suggestion on how to help New Orleans out.

Katrina Relief Six Months Later by Ron Paul
excerpt:

The best way to rebuild New Orleans is to provide entrepreneurial incentives for people and businesses willing to do the hard work involved. I voted for several bills last fall that provide some measure of tax relief for Katrina victims, but more could be done. Imagine the revitalization that would occur if Congress declared New Orleans a federal tax-free zone for 5 or 10 years.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul305.html

angelatc
10-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Yes, it's vastly more important for the fedgov to spend tax dollars bailing out too big to fail banks than using the money to rebuild a hospital in NOLA, those goddamned parasites don't deserve shit.

Oh, I guess I'm confused. I was under the impression that fedgov was spending too much money. I didn't realize that the debate was actually which special interests should be funded.

And you're right. Nobody deserves anything.

Let them build their own freaking hospitals.

SelfTaught
10-16-2009, 07:59 AM

Who suggested that we bail out the banks? I don't think angelatc mentioned it.

How about this. The federal government shouldn't give money to anyone.

And the NOLA folks are parasites. For your viewing entertainment, the Boondocks. "Full time job? Tryin to get this check from FEMA is a full time job." Check it:

YouTube - The Boondocks Invasion of the Katrina Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1uoQJ4jfJM)
YouTube - The Boondocks Invasion of the Katrinian Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePHYlqcwbEA&feature=related)
YouTube - The Boondocks Invasion of the Katrinian Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ldAVfLm_4A&feature=related)

MsDoodahs
10-16-2009, 08:04 AM
I don't want them giving money to ANYONE EITHER but if they're gonna spend it, and they are, then BY GOD release the funds so they can rebuild the damned hospital.

Love Ron's suggestion, but that makes too much sense, so they sure as hell won't do that.

specsaregood
10-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Love Ron's suggestion, but that makes too much sense, so they sure as hell won't do that.

No disagreement there; but I'm positive it would have fixed up that city faster than any other solution. Just think of all the corporations and people that would have moved in been willing to fix up the infrastructure in exchange for federal-taxfree exemptions for 5-10 years.....I would have considered it...

BillyDkid
10-16-2009, 08:16 AM

:rolleyes:I'm with you on this. I don't think government should be redistributing wealth, but if they're going to do it at least do it for people who need it. It's hard to get riled up about working class people who have lost everything getting a pittance from the government to rebuild their lives when we have billionaires who have been gorging themselves at the public trough for decades. Would I rather see some rich bank executive get a multimillion dollar bonus with tax payer money or a single mom with 5 kids who lost her house to Katrina get a few thousand to keep going - jeeze, that's a tough one. You tell me who is the parasite class. The rich have powerful have always used the power of government to enrich themselves further. When they stop being able to do that, then I will excited about welfare moms and Katrina victims begging for help to keep going.

Carole
10-16-2009, 08:18 AM
At 46 seconds to 52 seconds he goes into his campaign stumping voice and manner.

Notice how even his pronunciation changes!!!

Disgusting!

Seems to me he only goes where there is a big expensive dinner with big money in big blue states. :)

MsDoodahs
10-16-2009, 08:21 AM
The state is the great fiction by which everybody seeks to live at the expense of everybody else. - Bastiat

SelfTaught
10-16-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm with you on this. I don't think government should be redistributing wealth, but if they're going to do it at least do it for people who need it. It's hard to get riled up about working class people who have lost everything getting a pittance from the government to rebuild their lives when we have billionaires who have been gorging themselves at the public trough for decades. Would I rather see some rich bank executive get a multimillion dollar bonus with tax payer money or a single mom with 5 kids who lost her house to Katrina get a few thousand to keep going - jeeze, that's a tough one. You tell me who is the parasite class. The rich have powerful have always used the power of government to enrich themselves further. When they stop being able to do that, then I will excited about welfare moms and Katrina victims begging for help to keep going.

Of course people would rather see the money used for something other than bailing out rich elite bankers. That's obvious, that's not the point. Do you see any Americans that say, "Fuck the poor, save the rich?" No you don't. What kind of human being would do that?

We live in a nation of thieves. It pisses me off to see people publicly stating that they want a piece of the action, whether they be rich or poor.

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 08:29 AM

Do you think of these people as "parasites"?

http://tinyurl.com/yfltonn

In the aftermath of Katrina they formed their own "tribes" to help each other out. They had to fend off police who were stealing their gas and commandeering their homes.

I also saw a report a couple of years ago where people from the 9th ward were being blocked from rebuilding by the government! Also with all of the "no bid" contract Halliburton got for doing things like picking up trash New Orleans could have been rebuilt already. Yes there is a big government parasite class. They wear suits and the don't live in New Orleans or in FEMA trailers. Also much of the coast of Alabama and Mississippi hasn't been rebuilt yet, many of them are still in FEMA trailers, but for some reason they don't get as much media attention.

While he was campaigning, he specifically addressed New Orleans,

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to help New Orleans. It's one of the few areas of the country where construction workers can get a non-government job. In some respects they're better off than the rest of the country.

Halliburton got the contracts, hired illegal aliens and stiffed them on their wages.

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/mobile.html?view=article&article_id=93b709e20da9749bbefecb6215fb7049

I fail to see how that makes New Orleans better off than the rest of the country.

But Obama has no real interest in those people either. Apparently intent to live the rest of their lives playing perpetual victims, they were and are useful to him only as a chance to cash on on the "blame Bush" political capital and an occasional photo op.

Obama and Bush were both good for a photo op. Bush would go to N.O. every year and promise the same woman he would rebuild her house. That said if Obama drops the ball on this (and I'm expecting he will) it will further erode his support in the black community. Also Katrina is a fine example of why FEMA should be abolished. If we are supposed to take care of ourselves and our local community then we don't need to spend billions each year on FEMA.

Regards,

John M. Drake

angelatc
10-16-2009, 08:30 AM
I don't want them giving money to ANYONE EITHER but if they're gonna spend it, and they are, then BY GOD release the funds so they can rebuild the damned hospital.

But they already bailed out the banks. It's too late to not spend that money. It is not too late to stop them from spending more.

I think it's pretty close to borderline retarded to build anything below sea level along the coastline. But that's just me.

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 08:33 AM

I think 4 hours includes travel time to / from the airport. But you're right. An hour and a half of "face time".

He had to hurry to get to a big fundraiser in unholywood ... or someplace in Kalifornia.

Gotta raise money to steal money.

True. Bernanke can "lend" billions to foreign banks without an act of congress afterall. :rolleyes: Of course this shows how slick Obama is at framing the question. Had the questioner been really on his game he would have said "No moron. I want you to go to congress and ask THEM to write a check just like you asked them to write a check for the car companies, the banks, cap and trade and now for universal healthcare."

Bruno
10-16-2009, 08:33 AM
At 46 seconds to 52 seconds he goes into his campaign stumping voice and manner.

Notice how even his pronunciation changes!!!

Disgusting!

Seems to me he only goes where there is a big expensive dinner with big money in big blue states. :)

Typical. Good catch.

angelatc
10-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Do you think of these people as "parasites"?

http://tinyurl.com/yfltonn

In the aftermath of Katrina they formed their own "tribes" to help each other out. They had to fend off police who were stealing their gas and commandeering their homes.

Just put me on ignore, and I'll do the same with you, because I'm quite weary of having you take my words, proceeding to tell me that I said things I didn't say, and taking the conversation into weird tangents.

Thanks.

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 08:40 AM
But they already bailed out the banks. It's too late to not spend that money. It is not too late to stop them from spending more.

I think it's pretty close to borderline retarded to build anything below sea level along the coastline. But that's just me.

All of the TARP money hasn't been spent yet. Anyway I say fine Halliburton for stealing N.O. rebuilding money and Iraq money and use that to rebuild. As for building in a flood prone area, good old American innovation has already solved that problem.

http://www.nola.com/arts/index.ssf/2009/10/world_famous_architect_thom_ma.html

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Just put me on ignore, and I'll do the same with you, because I'm quite weary of having you take my words, proceeding to tell me that I said things I didn't say, and taking the conversation into weird tangents.

Thanks.

I'm sorry. How did I say something you didn't say? You used the word "parasites" to describe the people in New Orleans. I just pointed out that there were many who weren't "parasites". What's "weird" is how you take offense at that.

angelatc
10-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Of course people would rather see the money used for something other than bailing out rich elite bankers. That's obvious, that's not the point. Do you see any Americans that say, "Fuck the poor, save the rich?" No you don't. What kind of human being would do that?

We live in a nation of thieves. It pisses me off to see people publicly stating that they want a piece of the action, whether they be rich or poor.

Torch can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Ron Paul would have won Louisiana if the GOP hadn't stolen the election.

Ron Paul wanted to bring the troops home and using the money we saved to fund the rebuilding of the real America. Instead, the anti-war people chose to leave the troops over there so they could beat Booosh and get "free" health care.

So it doubly pisses me off knowing that a significant portion of the people in that state actually agree with us.

Iowa flooded a couple of years ago. You never hear about them crabbing. One of the first videos I saw was a guy who lived on the river. No insurance. After the water went down, he went straight to Home Depot and bought flooring and drywall before the rush began. Then he went home, ripped out the floorboards, cranked up the generator and plugged in some fans.

He probably had his house back in order before insurance adjusters even arrived at the neighbors.

Don't get me wrong - I have insurance because I am not that guy. But when the day comes that I need it, and they disappoint me, I'll blame myself.

SelfTaught
10-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Ron Paul wanted to bring the troops home and using the money we saved to fund the rebuilding of the real America. Instead, the anti-war people chose to leave the troops over there so they could beat Booosh and get "free" health care.

Maybe using the money saved from the wars to fund rebuilding NO would be the noble thing to do. But I think, you know as well as I know, that many of the people in NO receiving those funds would have pissed that money away. Just a thought.

angelatc
10-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Maybe using the money saved from the wars to fund rebuilding NO would be the noble thing to do. But I think, you know as well as I know, that many of the people in NO receiving those funds would have pissed that money away. Just a thought.

Of course. The best thing that could happened quickly would have been for Ron Paul to just push the envelope and announce that if Congress wouldn't at least create some sort of tax-exempt zone, he would pre-emptively pardon everybody convicted of tax evasion in Louisiana for the next 3 years (or something.)

Couple an announcement like that with calling out the Red Cross on their astronomical cash reserves.

Then make some popcorn.

angelatc
10-16-2009, 09:12 AM

Maybe the $1.4 million he got from the Peace Prize?

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Maybe the $1.4 million he got from the Peace Prize?

You mean a politician using his own money to do something? He'd rather use yours.

MsDoodahs
10-16-2009, 10:07 AM
You mean a politician using his own money to do something? He'd rather use yours.

exactly.

andrewh817
10-16-2009, 01:59 PM
I can't find any tubes that aren't controlled MSM tubes; the moment is edited in this one, you can tell when you watch it.

Happens right around 1:22 mark.

Yep..... instead of letting everyone see the guy's question they just interpret it for you so you don't need to do any thinking!

torchbearer
10-16-2009, 02:04 PM
The government puts up road blocks to development in new orleans. all new construction must be ok by some clerk in some office in some building requiring some large load of paperwork, so they can then deny your building permit because you didn't contribute to Nagin's last campaign.

pacelli
10-16-2009, 02:28 PM
I saw something, one single thing positive in that clip. During the question, people were shouting at the president and he responded, "you say, why not?"

So I think the tea party movement (which was stolen from us) has done a little bit of good-- no public official is viewed as a God by the people going to these events. People are no longer afraid to verbally confront public officials even at group events. I see that as a positive development. The bastards can't ignore us any more.

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 04:24 PM
The government puts up road blocks to development in new orleans. all new construction must be ok by some clerk in some office in some building requiring some large load of paperwork, so they can then deny your building permit because you didn't contribute to Nagin's last campaign.

Yeah. I was (vaguely) referring to this in another post. The people get blamed for "wanting handouts" when what (many) of them want is for the government to just get out the way! It's been a screw up from the feds on down.

Diogenese_
10-16-2009, 05:41 PM
The government permitted developers to fill in marshes were filled in that created a natural hurricane break. Do we really know WHY the levy failed?

The government takes our tax money and says it will provide services and protection. Do demand that they do what they say they will do , or pay for damages when they screw up is not being a "parasite".

MsDoodahs
10-16-2009, 05:48 PM
If a private entity had signed a contract with the people of the 9th Ward to provide that service, would that private entity get off the hook?

Bruno
10-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Obama: "there's this whole thing about the Constitution and Congress, lol" :rolleyes:

torchbearer
10-16-2009, 05:58 PM
If a private entity had signed a contract with the people of the 9th Ward to provide that service, would that private entity get off the hook?

Did they donate to Nagin?

MsDoodahs
10-16-2009, 06:01 PM
What's that saying about how they bury politicians in Louisiana? They're all so damned crooked they have to be screwed into the ground?

;)

jmdrake
10-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Did they donate to Nagin?

Did Halliburton? (just curious)

torchbearer
10-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Did Halliburton? (just curious)

Not sure.

angelatc
10-16-2009, 06:08 PM
What's that saying about how they bury politicians in Louisiana? They're all so damned crooked they have to be screwed into the ground?

;)

Yeah, but the people there seem to like it that way.

MsDoodahs
10-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Nagin is an example of that.

torchbearer
10-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah, but the people there seem to like it that way.

Vote buying. A common practice. With plenty of poor people who rely on the government for their checks, a good honest person could never be elected.
Vote buying is actually even more direct than the welfare checks- they literally haul people via van to the polls to vote after giving them some "gas money".

I don't know about elections elsewhere, but all our candidates are given a number. The reason is because a lot of people can't read- so when they pick up the ignorant poor they give them a sheet of paper that has all the numbers the are suppose to vote for...

This is how the scam works here-
A governor candidates gives money to a local state rep candidate (legal)
The state rep candidate gives money to local office seekers in his area (legal)
local area candidate sets up the "voting parties" in the poor neighborhoods and does the vote buying.
On the paper the poor person gets on his/her ride to the poll- they will see three sets of numbers- something like #4, #22, and #67. that is all that is on the paper.
they take this sheet of paper into the polls and votes for those numbers.
that is how it works. #4 is the governor candidate, #22 is the state rep, and #67 is the local guy

if the local politician gets caught, everyone above him is cleared of corruption because everything they did was legal- even though they were all in it.

it isn't because that's how the people like it in this state. that is fucking ignorant.

catdd
10-16-2009, 06:45 PM
"I wish I could just write a check"

Why not, you just wrote a check to Pakistan for 7.5 billion.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/15/obama-signs-billion-aid-pakistan/?test=latestnews

angelatc
03-12-2010, 08:30 AM
"I wish I could just write a check"

Why not, you just wrote a check to Pakistan for 7.5 billion.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/15/obama-signs-billion-aid-pakistan/?test=latestnews

Guess who wasn't on the list of organizations that received pieces of his Peace Prize money? (http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2010/03/obama-stiffs-new-orleans-again.html)

angelatc
03-12-2010, 08:48 AM
oops!

jkr
03-12-2010, 09:03 AM
BArrY S doesnt like BLACK PEOPLE!