PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Castle, Biden's Son in Delaware dead heat for Senate race

bobbyw24
10-16-2009, 04:56 AM
Castle, Biden in Delaware dead heat
By Reid Wilson - 10/15/09 04:12 PM ET

Two well-known and well-liked figures are neck and neck in the race to fill Vice President Joe Biden's Senate seat, according to a poll released Thursday.

Rep. Mike Castle (R-Del.) is the choice of 46 percent of First State voters, while Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden (D), the vice president's son, won 45 percent of the vote, according to a poll conducted by the independent firm Research 2000 for the liberal DailyKos website.

Castle entered the race last week, while Biden, who just returned from Iraq, has yet to formally get in. Washington Democrats expect Biden to enter the race and set up what is likely to be one of the closest showdowns in the country next year.

On Thursday morning, Biden told ABC's "Good Morning America" that he is "absolutely" interested in making a run for his father's old seat, but that a decision will come after he spends time with his family and returns to his post as Delaware's top attorney.

"There's time to make that decision," Biden said. "Am I considering it? Absolutely. Absolutely. But I'll be making the decision in due course."

The poll shows both Biden and Castle are well-liked by huge majorities of Delaware voters. Biden's

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/63323-castle-biden-in-delaware-dead-heat

Ethek
10-16-2009, 06:56 AM
I don't suppose Castle is educated in the philopshy of liberty.

Arklatex
10-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Is this the same son that it was leaked he was a druggie when his papi is a huge drug czar in Washington? Or am i thinking of someone else..