PDA

View Full Version : Who on this forum lives in New Hampshire?

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Please speak up.

Then, if you would be so kind to add your state to your profile, that would be really great.

You are the people who are going to know best how we can help out in New Hampshire for the upcoming primary and we need to know who you are.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 01:07 PM
bump

Green Mountain Boy
10-01-2007, 01:13 PM
When I'm in VT i'm about 15 minutes from New Hampshire. Right now, members of my primary meetup group (Boston) are working with people in NH to get Ron Paul groups set up at all of the colleges there.

Sematary
10-01-2007, 01:45 PM
We REALLY need to focus on NH and IA - pronto!!!

Cindy
10-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Is there a way the admins can add a "state location option"under our usernames?

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
NH here!

paulitics
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
NH here!

are you in a NH meetup?
what kind of activity are you seeing over there?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM

yes, we do. We need a Jimmy Carter-knock on every door kind of project... is the FREE STATE PROJECT behind RP?

MicroBalrog
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
yes, we do. We need a Jimmy Carter-knock on every door kind of project... is the FREE STATE PROJECT behind RP?

The FSP does not offically endorse candidates.

However a lot of FSP members, like myself, are behind him.

SWATH
10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
I would think that Free State is our ace in the hole, but I don't know. If You are a free stater and do not vote for ron paul, you can lick my ba//s!

kylejack
10-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Go to freestateproject.org and click through to the forums to find a bunch of RP FSP supporters.

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 01:53 PM
are you in a NH meetup?
what kind of activity are you seeing over there?

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6/

SWATH
10-01-2007, 01:56 PM
I just visited their website. So are there only 489 freestaters in NH? I thougt there was alot more.

orenbus
10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
If the Free Staters don't already know they need to check out this thread:

Urgent! Closed Primary States! Register As A Republican Now!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21366

We need their help ASAP

ItsTime
10-01-2007, 02:09 PM
If the Free Staters don't already know they need to check out this thread:

Urgent! Closed Primary States! Register As A Republican Now!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21366

We need their help ASAP

posted and it is circulating myspace right now. Everyone is forwarding the bulletin. We have made phone calls to those who do not have the internet and they are telling their friends. I personally know a few dems that are changing and are pissed about having to do so in the "live free or die" state.

I suggest everyone post it everywhere even if you do not live in NH

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 02:57 PM

There is already one that appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Look at mine. You just have to enter it into your profile.

Geronimo
10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm in NH.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Cool. Hi Geronimo. Would you mind editing your profile so your state shows up?

A lot of us are freaked out about the deadline of October 12 to get any Democrats to register as Republicans so they can vote in the primary.

We're trying to figure out how to best help you guys in New Hampshire. Those of you who live there are going to be the best judge. Ideas?

Anti Federalist
10-01-2007, 04:32 PM
I got it from a good source here in NH that the magic number to win the NH primary is 40k.

And yes, that 12 Oct deadline is creeping up quickly.

It's a small state with a small population.

Word of mouth probably would serve best, pass the word, if you are registered democrat and want to vote for RP in the primary, change your party affiliation before the 12th.

"Undeclared" can declare on primary day at the polling place, this was confirmed at my town hall registrar today.

Geronimo
10-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Sure, I'll edit my profile so that my state shows up.

I'm one of those folks who needs to register before October 12th.
Thanks for reminding me.

I'd suggest contacting the local meetup groups in order to see how some of you might be able to help. There may be more meetup groups in NH. These are just the ones that I had bookmarked. The very last link is for the Brattleboro VT group. Brattleboro is just across the border of NH.
(they also have a nice clothing optional law) :)

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/309/
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/893/
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/879/?gj=sj5
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6/?gj=sj3
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/422/?gj=sj21

Don't hold it against me, but I'm not active in any of the groups. I get their emails, and I stay informed about what's going on, but I'm not the kind of guy to go knocking on doors, or waving signs. I went to see Ron on at the UNH debate, and at the family walk the other day. I've met a few people, and I've got my hands on a few yard signs, and I've posted them in a few different areas across NH. If I had more signs I'd post more signs. So if anyone has any leads as to get more signs (and wire wickets) I have the motivation and the time to plant as many as possible before the primary.

If I can think of any other way for you folks to help out I'll be sure to let you know.

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 05:04 PM
If I had more signs I'd post more signs. So if anyone has any leads as to get more signs (and wire wickets) I have the motivation and the time to plant as many as possible before the primary.

Did you ever check with the New Hampshire campaign office? I would imagine they would give you all the signs you could possibly plant. I don't know their phone number, but they surely have one. An email address is listed here:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/new-hampshire/

Try that first and if they will not, I will pay for some for you.

Geronimo
10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I'll try them, and another contact that got me a few signs before.

Thanks!

Ron Paul Fan
10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't live in New Hampshire, but I will put it in my profile so it makes it look like we have more people from New Hampshire in here. Then when the neo-cons visit this forum they'll say, "Ron Paul has a ton of New Hampshire supporters! We might as well focus our efforts on other primary states. He's a shoe in to win in the Live Free or Die State." Do you think this strategy is a good one to employ?

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I don't live in New Hampshire, but I will put it in my profile so it makes it look like we have more people from New Hampshire in here. Then when the neo-cons visit this forum they'll say, "Ron Paul has a ton of New Hampshire supporters! We might as well focus our efforts on other primary states. He's a shoe in to win in the Live Free or Die State." Do you think this strategy is a good one to employ?

From what I've heard, he is not a shoe-in at all. Have you checked out the polling numbers? :confused: We are FAR from winning. There are still a lot of people who don't even know who he is. Why do you think Dr. Paul brought his whole family to NH last weekend to walk door-to-door? They had planned to hit 50K houses, and only got to 12K. Maybe because not enough volunteers were willing to help. Don't know.

Ron Paul Fan
10-01-2007, 05:41 PM
From what I've heard, he is not a shoe-in at all. Have you checked out the polling numbers? :confused: We are FAR from winning. There are still a lot of people who don't even know who he is. Why do you think Dr. Paul brought his whole family to NH last weekend to walk door-to-door? They had planned to hit 50K houses, and only got to 12K. Maybe because not enough volunteers were willing to help. Don't know.

No, I never said he's a shoe in. I said that the neo-cons would think he's a shoe in if they come to this forum and a couple thousand people are registered as members from New Hampshire. We then create a couple more forums for Ron Paul and do the same thing. Then they'll think that Ron Paul has New Hampshire locked up and they'll invest their resources elsewhere. I think it's a great strategy. If I can get 300 people on board by next week then I'll send out some emails and go door to door with flyers. It's a good idea and it's perfectly legal unlike some of the ideas around here.

You mean to tell me that there were 800 people at the rally and they only hit 12,000 houses? That's only 15 houses per person! Did they walk around the block and call it a day because they were tired? We need you people in New Hampshire to fight! The way I see it is you have two choices. You can either live free, or you can die. Dr. Paul has already said he'd rather be alive and free. I guess other New Hampshireites don't feel the same way as our leader.

Eric21ND
10-01-2007, 08:02 PM

No crap! What exactly is the game plan people? We need to hit these states on all fronts. Bombard them with tv, radio, newspaper ads. Get going on mailing letter campaign, and making phone calls. We need to do some mass mailing/emailing to every college student in those states. We need people on the ground knocking and leaving literature on every door in the state. We really need to break these things down before its too cold outside to really do anything and before it's too late. Remember how the Ames straw poll went? We did some great things, but we also got a late start.

Eric21ND
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM
^^
We can't settle for 5th place again. We need a top 3 finish in NH or it's game over dudes!

NPursuit357
10-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm in NH and yesterday I went to the state's largest fair. My wife and I were rocking our Ron Paul shirts and I had countless people respond either directly or indirectly asking who Ron Paul is. I talk about Ron Paul every chance I get, and I've gotten a lot of people turned on to him, but I'm not feeling good about our chances in NH, unless the ads start running day and night. People in NH need to feel he has a chance to win, or they aren't going to "waste their vote" on him.

I know we can't put all the effort into NH, but if we don't start getting more coverage it's over folks.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm in NH and yesterday I went to the state's largest fair. My wife and I were rocking our Ron Paul shirts and I had countless people respond either directly or indirectly asking who Ron Paul is. I talk about Ron Paul every chance I get, and I've gotten a lot of people turned on to him, but I'm not feeling good about our chances in NH, unless the ads start running day and night. People in NH need to feel he has a chance to win, or they aren't going to "waste their vote" on him.

I know we can't put all the effort into NH, but if we don't start getting more coverage it's over folks.

I've been saying this

its the best state for RP (libertarian leaning), it also only has 1,235,786 people!! a grassroots spark there could do a lot. I wish I lived there, I'd knock on every gawd damn door lol

if meet up groups all swarmed there, we could create a wild fire

paulitics
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM

and the key is to do that now, not in a few weeks or months. No matter what the excuse, (which has been going on since Iowa) it never ACCOMPLISHES anything, but decreases our chances of winning each day. All we do is debate wether his poll numbers are 3 or 6 % or wether he raised 3 or 5 million.

Right now, we probably lost thousands of democrats (and libertarians I still don't know) when the deadline was announced, because the excuse was given to hold off until HQ's says something.

Now our best chance is to capture the lions share of independents, and the best way is with a mass media blitz, door to door canvassing, and mailouts to all independents and any other idea we can think of. If we wait a month, we will have to work that much harder,and snow and cold will be there before you can say "we shoulda...."

We need to realize the a couple million will have to be spent there, from us and the HQs and that we will need an army of volunteers that we should fund and help out. Everyone in that state should know about Ron Paul not 10%. The question is how are we going to make that happen, and what are we going to do about it.

Perry
10-01-2007, 08:57 PM
You guys have your work cut out for you. We need 30,000 votes(minimum) out of NH to win the primary. You're going to have to knock on 50,000+ doors.

libertysilver
10-01-2007, 09:19 PM
How about a concert?
Are there any musical groups supporting Ron Paul up there in New Hampshire that
can get a lot of publicity if they do a free concert?

If you are not a registered Republican or a registered independent!

New Hampshire Deadline!
October 12th, 2007

Change parties today!!!!!

Also,

Get on every New Hampshire forum and message board where you can find Ron Paul type people ( this is for people from other states)

Let them know that the deadline to change their registration is
October 12th, if they want to vote for Ron Paul in the Primaries.

libertysilver
10-01-2007, 09:26 PM
oops

NPursuit357
10-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I think we need volunteers from the surrounding states to come help knock on doors, and A massive amount of ads. The 10/12 deadline is going to kill us too.

Geronimo
10-02-2007, 05:06 AM
Somoene from my myspace told me about a street festival that's happening in Nashua on October 7th.
This might be a good place, and a good crowd to hand out literature to.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/superdizzlesuper/l_dd3a30b0b61fbaa77a8adb92bb84f4f1.jpg

Jared Callanan
10-02-2007, 05:22 AM
Did you ever check with the New Hampshire campaign office? I would imagine they would give you all the signs you could possibly plant. I don't know their phone number, but they surely have one. An email address is listed here:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/new-hampshire/

Try that first and if they will not, I will pay for some for you.

I was at the "headquarters" last week to phone bank for the Family Walk and they didn't have many extra signs, I would probably say 20-40 in the whole office. I put headquarters in quotation marks because it's pretty much just a meeting room above Murphy's Taproom in Manchester. I am hoping they get a headquarters soon but haven't heard. As for signs, more signs may have arrived to hq's from the National Campaign for the big event this weekend but if not you are probably best off just ordering them off of the internet.

- Jared

Jared Callanan
10-02-2007, 05:30 AM
There are a lot of things out-of-states can do to help us out;

A. Go subscribe to the Meet Up groups in New Hamshire - we are regularly doing grassroots literature drops, sign waves, and setting up tables at events around the state.

B. Lets start a letter drive the way we did prior to the Iowa Straw Poll. Personalized letters; not mass mailings with dvds that no one will watch- could go a far way in a state like New Hampshire. More importantly it is going to bring Ron Paul to the attention of a voter who might be unaware of him.

C. Donations. As you have read in other threads in this group, opnh.com are going to be running advertisements for the Dr. in the state. They are not apart of the campaign, so if you are a maxed out donator to the Dr. send some money to these guys so we can continue running ads in New Hampshire.

D. We need Yard Signs.. Buying yard signs for us would help a bundle.. I know I could use a couple hundred and have just been too financially strapped to get them, so I have been making my own. Plus I keep hearing from people in the campaign they are coming soon, they have been saying that for weeks though.

There is a 1000 things people can do to help us.. We just need to organize something.

Eric21ND
10-02-2007, 07:02 AM
First thing I think we need to secure a head quarters to funnel material and information from. We need to have a mass meeting of the meetup groups there and organize everything and delegate responsibilities to everyone.

In the short term can we get these guys some yard signs ASAP? This is important because the more signs people see the more it reinforces that Ron Paul can actually win.

We should also send them some of those awesome double sided handouts in the campaign material section. I think they're made by a NH printing company.

Every big event should be hit, football games, or whatever it is you do out there lol.

We need a reliable list of addresses for the letter writing campaign. I know most people are more comfortable writing letters instead of cold calling.

For phone calls how can we get a voice recording of Ron Paul to urge people to vote for him?

Primbs
10-02-2007, 07:08 AM
We can set up mini headquarters in peoples garages for sign making and sign distribution and collection points.

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 07:45 AM

Are you in a Meetup Group? If so, do you know if they are going door-to-door campaigning? You know, handing out Slim Jims, etc.? We can run ads, but everyone in New Hamphshire needs to be working their arses off too.

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 07:47 AM
First thing I think we need to secure a head quarters to funnel material and information from. We need to have a mass meeting of the meetup groups there and organize everything and delegate responsibilities to everyone.

In the short term can we get these guys some yard signs ASAP? This is important because the more signs people see the more it reinforces that Ron Paul can actually win.

We should also send them some of those awesome double sided handouts in the campaign material section. I think they're made by a NH printing company.

Every big event should be hit, football games, or whatever it is you do out there lol.

We need a reliable list of addresses for the letter writing campaign. I know most people are more comfortable writing letters instead of cold calling.

For phone calls how can we get a voice recording of Ron Paul to urge people to vote for him?

There is a Ron Paul campaign office in New Hampshire. Is anyone in New Hampshire talking to them? :confused: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/new-hampshire/

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 07:47 AM

There is already one there. You just need to enter your location in your profile.

Jared Callanan
10-02-2007, 08:02 AM
There is a Ron Paul campaign office in New Hampshire. Is anyone in New Hampshire talking to them? :confused: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/new-hampshire/

Not really a real office, and it needs much more material

NPursuit357
10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Are you in a Meetup Group? If so, do you know if they are going door-to-door campaigning? You know, handing out Slim Jims, etc.? We can run ads, but everyone in New Hamphshire needs to be working their arses off too.

Yes I'm in the Concord meetup group. I've been working on my own spreading the message. I know they have been working to do some lit drops in a town here and there. They tried to get a group together for a gun show a few weeks ago, and we had the rally in Manchester this weekend. It needs to be ramped up immensely if we even want to have a chance at this.

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Yes I'm in the Concord meetup group. I've been working on my own spreading the message. I know they have been working to do some lit drops in a town here and there. They tried to get a group together for a gun show a few weeks ago, and we had the rally in Manchester this weekend. It needs to be ramped up immensely if we even want to have a chance at this.

Have you talked to the New Hampshire campaign staff? Do you know if there is a plan? Do the NH Meetup groups have a plan?

How can we help you?

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM

Sadly I have more ron paul items then they do.

NPursuit357
10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Have you talked to the New Hampshire campaign staff? Do you know if there is a plan? Do the NH Meetup groups have a plan?

How can we help you?

Not directly no. I do not know their plan. I only get the standard meetup emails that list upcoming events. Being that I'm new to the whole campaigning scene and it appeared that RP supporters seemed to have thought of everything, I thought it was going to be unleashing rapidly by now. The last week or so, I've been asking myself how much time I can possibly start devoting to this, because it's becoming clear the campaign needs as much help as possible.

I do know one thing. People should stop spending their day discussing whether or not 9/11 was an inside job, what new RP logo would look good on a t-shirt, stop trying to figure out when peak oil is going to hit, does the dollar crashing really propose an economic crisis, and every other damn mystery, and get out and start spreading the word with all the free time that we have.

If his message doesn't get out quickly, we are all going to be a bunch of people still sitting on a forum with a bunch of RP gear in our hands, and bitching that the country is doomed, and wondering what we are going to do now.

LibertyEagle
10-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Sadly I have more ron paul items then they do.

Excuse my French, but what the hell? Why don't they have more campaign literature??? What did they say?

Could you tell if they had any plans for getting the word out in New Hampshire?

What do you suggest we do? How can we help?

ItsTime
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Excuse my French, but what the hell? Why don't they have more campaign literature??? What did they say?

What do you suggest we do?

everything comes from Atlanta I think. I am not sure what the hold up is. We were given just about everything they had left. So if anyone needs signs or bumper stickers and live in NH drop me a line.

We have 15 1x2 white signs, ill check to see how many slim jims we have left.

NPursuit357
10-04-2007, 06:01 PM
everything comes from Atlanta I think. I am not sure what the hold up is. We were given just about everything they had left. So if anyone needs signs or bumper stickers and live in NH drop me a line.

We have 15 1x2 white signs, ill check to see how many slim jims we have left.

Bumping for anyone that needs signs in NH.

Geronimo
10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
I need signs in NH. Where abouts are you?

ItsTime
10-04-2007, 06:22 PM
I need signs in NH. Where abouts are you?

I have signs about 15 of them, as long as you are going to use them in your yard. I am in Lebanon area.

work2win
10-04-2007, 06:45 PM
We need some organization here! There is currently a project to run newspaper ads and it is doing well, but there are 3 or 4 different threads on it and they all keep getting burried in the grassroots forum. We could easily get a similar project going to buy some signs for the NH people.

I suggest a separate forum for the NH blitz to keep things together and on-track. I'll try to track down a mod.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-04-2007, 06:47 PM
We need some organization here! There is currently a project to run newspaper ads and it is doing well, but there are 3 or 4 different threads on it and they all keep getting burried in the grassroots forum. We could easily get a similar project going to buy some signs for the NH people.

I suggest a separate forum for the NH blitz to keep things together and on-track. I'll try to track down a mod.

let's petition a sticky for it then ;)

Geronimo
10-04-2007, 06:50 PM

That's a great idea. People tend to overlook stickies, (I know I do) and threads are usually confined to one topic. A seperate forum would allow for all aspects of the "NH Blitz" to be discussed without having a bunch of good ideas get buried in one thread.

Thunderbolt
10-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Also, for NH folks: A lot of folks may think they are undeclared voters, but if they voted for someone in the last state primaries, they got changed to that party automatically. Sneaky SOBs.

Here read this:

According to the Secretary of State:

Voters should be aware of their party status before a primary election. If you voted on a party ballot in the 2006 state primary, you are now a registered member of that party unless you filled out a card to return to undeclared status with the supervisors of the checklist.

http://www.sos.nh.gov/vote.htm

Make sure you double check to see what party the state thinks you are in!

Please pass this on to everyone you know in the state!

Thunderbolt
10-04-2007, 07:03 PM

Could you tell if they had any plans for getting the word out in New Hampshire?

What do you suggest we do? How can we help?

I ditto LE's statement!

Thunderbolt
10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Is there a way to re-title this thread - NH needs materials and other help now! or something like that? I just tried to send folks over here with a similar title. I know people will donate if they only know you need help.

work2win
10-04-2007, 07:12 PM
That's a great idea. People tend to overlook stickies, (I know I do) and threads are usually confined to one topic. A seperate forum would allow for all aspects of the "NH Blitz" to be discussed without having a bunch of good ideas get buried in one thread.

Exactly. There's a lot of energy on here, and I think a separate NH blitz forum would allow us to focus some of it in a productive manner. Raise funds for signs, brainstorm for newspaper flyers, etc.

NPursuit357
10-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I agree, either a NH thread or it's own forum at this point is necessary. We are nowhere near where we need to be in NH.

Geronimo
10-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Exactly. There's a lot of energy on here, and I think a separate NH blitz forum would allow us to focus some of it in a productive manner. Raise funds for signs, brainstorm for newspaper flyers, etc.

I tried to convince the NH meetup groups to use their meetup message boards, but it seems that the majority prefer to use the mass emailing technique (which I hate) ..a separate forum here for NH would be the ballz.

Lord Xar
10-04-2007, 07:16 PM
I con contribute 50 - 100 signs when I get them in about a week.

also, see my sticky in the campaign materials section. ... there is a wonderful person in NH printing those flyers VERY INEXPENSIVELY...... for fullcolor back/front.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I tried to convince the NH meetup groups to use their meetup message boards, but it seems that the majority prefer to use the mass emailing technique (which I hate) ..a separate forum here for NH would be the ballz.

They can set one up easily. A whole lot of other areas have them already.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Thunderbolt
10-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Liberty, will you ask one of the mods? I would, but I am not sure what to ask for.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I agree, either a NH thread or it's own forum at this point is necessary. We are nowhere near where we need to be in NH.

Bryan plans to set one up for Early Primary States. He will probably do that after they get through upgrading the server.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Liberty, will you ask one of the mods? I would, but I am not sure what to ask for.

Are you wanting this for New Hampshire's use, or are you wanting one for all of us to concentrate on how best to help the early primary states? If it is the latter, I already talked to Bryan about it a few days ago and he thought it was a good idea.

Thunderbolt
10-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Not sure.

Thunderbolt
10-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Maybe the forum can be split up somehow? I hate to see it all jumbled together. Perhaps we need a separate thing for NH.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Not sure.

Why not?

The threads at the very bottom (scroll down) here, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/index.php are for local area use. So, if a thread was established here, it would be for local use in New Hampshire. Kind of like their own personal message board. Some Meetup groups use this facility as their own message board for their meetup group. At least that is my understanding.

If you are wanting to have an area that ALL OF US access to figure out how best to focus on New Hampshire and the rest of the early states, we need a subforum. I'm guessing that is what you want. If so, I've already asked Bryan about it and he liked the idea and I'm pretty sure that he has plans to set it up. I would imagine the only reason he has not done it yet is because they are so busy upgrading the server.

Thunderbolt
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
There are a lot of things out-of-states can do to help us out;

A. Go subscribe to the Meet Up groups in New Hamshire - we are regularly doing grassroots literature drops, sign waves, and setting up tables at events around the state.

B. Lets start a letter drive the way we did prior to the Iowa Straw Poll. Personalized letters; not mass mailings with dvds that no one will watch- could go a far way in a state like New Hampshire. More importantly it is going to bring Ron Paul to the attention of a voter who might be unaware of him.

C. Donations. As you have read in other threads in this group, opnh.com are going to be running advertisements for the Dr. in the state. They are not apart of the campaign, so if you are a maxed out donator to the Dr. send some money to these guys so we can continue running ads in New Hampshire.

D. We need Yard Signs.. Buying yard signs for us would help a bundle.. I know I could use a couple hundred and have just been too financially strapped to get them, so I have been making my own. Plus I keep hearing from people in the campaign they are coming soon, they have been saying that for weeks though.

There is a 1000 things people can do to help us.. We just need to organize something.

We can all help with a letter writing campaign. We just need the addresses. The campaign has them for free. If you try buying them from the state it will cost you a bundle. (Well, it cost us a lot in my state. Each state is different). Let's get this going. It will take a while to put together, and we don't have much time left.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Maybe the forum can be split up somehow? I hate to see it all jumbled together. Perhaps we need a separate thing for NH.

A subforum. Kind of like "Hot Topics" is a subforum under General topics (or whatever it's called). We could have a subforum under Grassroots central for Early Primary States. I'm thinkin' we don't want to have a separate subforum for each early state, because it would be so subdivided that we would run the risk that not many would look in all of them. I think a subforum for Early Primary States would work. Don't you?

Thunderbolt
10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
In that case, wouldn't a sticky on the main page do the trick? I know folks don't look up there much, but perhaps we could remind them to? I don't know what works best on this forum.

Geronimo
10-04-2007, 07:37 PM
A subforum. Kind of like "Hot Topics" is a subforum under General topics (or whatever it's called). We could have a subforum under Grassroots central for Early Primary States. I'm thinkin' we don't want to have a separate subforum for each early state, because it would be so subdivided that we would run the risk that not many would look in all of them. I think a subforum for Early Primary States would work. Don't you?

This is a good idea.

Thunderbolt
10-04-2007, 08:02 PM
bump

NPursuit357
10-04-2007, 09:36 PM
I like the subforum for early primary states. Not that you asked, but I'm telling you. ;)

LibertyEagle
10-04-2007, 11:47 PM
In that case, wouldn't a sticky on the main page do the trick? I know folks don't look up there much, but perhaps we could remind them to? I don't know what works best on this forum.

You already answered your question. People don't look a stickies, especially when you get too many of them. With a subforum under *this* thread, people would be able to see it when they are on this thread; not to mention the fact that muiltiple threads could be going, each with a different idea or inititiative to help these early states.

austin356
10-04-2007, 11:56 PM
I will volunteer on behalf of the state of Alabama RP supporters, 250 8" x 24" two sided, two color, Ron Paul President signs. And 30 9' x 4' banners.

Geronimo
10-05-2007, 04:23 AM
I will volunteer on behalf of the state of Alabama RP supporters, 250 8" x 24" two sided, two color, Ron Paul President signs. And 30 9' x 4' banners.

Look no further if you need someone in NH to send them to.

Man from La Mancha
10-05-2007, 04:50 AM
I think now is a good time for a radio blitz. Combining Ron Paul and registering. along with the TV ads and news paper, radio seems the cheapest bang for the buck. IMO.

Geronimo
10-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Ron Paul radio ads have been on several NH radio stations (am and fm) for the past few weeks. I've been hearing it on WGIR am, WGIR fm, and WTPL fm. I've heard the commercial three or four times a day for the past few weeks. Although, I didn't hear it once yesterday.

Thunderbolt
10-05-2007, 05:15 AM
Ron Paul radio ads have been on several NH radio stations (am and fm) for the past few weeks. I've been hearing it on WGIR am, WGIR fm, and WTPL fm. I've heard the commercial three or four times a day for the past few weeks. Although, I didn't hear it once yesterday.

That is great. And as far as the forums go, I bow to your expertise Liberty Eagle.

NPursuit357
10-05-2007, 07:24 AM
I think an ad warning people about the new primary voting rules would be good. A lot of people are going to get blindsided by this and the gov't knows it.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 10:30 AM
bump

Geronimo
10-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I think Thunderbolt might have sent a bunch of editorial letters to different newspapers all across NH.

Here's a link where this was discussed. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=243539#post243539)

Geronimo
10-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Here's another article from Gambling911 (http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-New-Hampshire-100507.html) regarding all of the attention that the October 12th deadline has created.

Ron Paul "Meetup Coordinator" in New Hampshire Shoots Down Gambling911 Story

James Forsythe, the Ron Paul "Meetup Coordinator" representing the state of New Hampshire insists that "Gambling911.com has been creating a mountain out of a molehill".

"Our web site and meetup group has been swamped with e-mails from folks around the country concerned with the changes in the voting rules in New Hampshire," Forsythe says. "This is frustrating since the rules HAVE NOT CHANGED in New Hampshire." (see Mr. Forsythe's posting here (http://www.ronpaulhq.com/2007_10_01_archive.php#299782351697216690))

Forsythe referred to Gambling911.com Special Contributor Jennifer Reynolds article that claims New Hampshire is one of a handful of states that will require only registered Republicans to vote for Republican candidates.

"So all these e-mails are just taking away our precious time from what needs to be done. This all got started by an article on gambling911. It makes allegations of voting rules changes across the country that are designed to keep Ron Paul from getting the primary nomination. Now some of the allegations may be true in other states, I'm not familiar with their history. But here in New Hampshire the rules have not changed. We were a closed primary before, and are still a closed primary."

Here's what the gambling911 article said about NH:

Many states, in an effort to shut out Ron Paul are now closing their primaries. That means that only Republicans can vote in the Presidential primaries for a Republican candidate. Many states are doing this quickly and quietly and giving people very little time to learn about the new rules. For example, New Hampshire decided only a week ago that you will now have to change your party affiliation by October 12, 2007 or it will be too late to do so. New Hampshire also has a closed primary and only Republicans and possibly Independents will be allowed to vote for Ron Paul.

"So the first error is that we have changed from an open to a closed primary. We were always a closed primary (must register as a Republican to vote in the primary)," Forsythe insists.

So was Ms. Reynolds wrong? Not exactly.

"It is true that the date got announced only recently, but that is a function of the primary date being moved up due to other states trying to get an early primary," Forsythe explains.

The other major error, according to Forsythe, is that the article says "possibly Independents" will not be able to vote for Ron Paul.

"This is not true - independents can show up the day of the primary and change to Republican and vote (and change back after the vote)."

So there you have it. If you thought Jennifer Reynolds article was disturbing before, Forsythe only seems to confirm her point: That is something is terribly amiss....and not just in New Hampshire.

"The October 12 deadline ONLY AFFECTS PEOPLE THAT ARE CURRENTLY REGISTERED AS DEMOCRATS. And in New Hampshire, since independents can vote in either primary, most folks are independents (around 43%).

"So a mountain has been made of a molehill. Only 26% of registered voters in NH are Democrats. It's possible we could win some of this 26% over (and have already), but we are more likely to get independent and Republican voters than the registered democrats. And we will have up until the day of the primary to do that."

Some of the 26% of Democrats? And just exactly how many of these 43% of Independents do you really believe are willing to "change to Republican and vote and change back after the vote"?

"By all means, spread the word to your Democrat friends to switch parties to vote for Ron Paul. But please don't spread disinformation on the situation in New Hampshire," Forsythe says of his "Live Free or Die" state.

So to highlight what Mr. Forsythe is saying:

Independents must become Republicans to vote for Ron Paul in the New Hampshire primaries then they can change back to their Independent status. Democrats must become Republicans to vote for Ron Paul, but this has to be done prior to the primaries.

So where exactly was Ms. Reynolds wrong again and what country do we live in again?

Forsythe's argument only serves to reinforce why we have Jennifer Reynolds on board with us.

----

Christopher Costigan, Gambling911.com

Originally published October 5, 2007 1:25 pm ET

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Is James Forsythe the same person who wants us to raise money for an Ad in a New Hampshire newspaper to announce the 10-12 cutoff date? hhmmm....

Yes, in fact it is. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22450

orenbus
10-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Is James Forsythe the same person who wants us to raise money for an Ad in a New Hampshire newspaper to announce the 10-12 cutoff date? hhmmm....

Now, I'm sorry I contributed. This guy owes Jennifer an apology. He says this and then dares to ask us to pay for running an ad on the same subject??

He is probably embarrased to have learned the news of the Deadline from sources outside of NH. So his initial reaction is to play it down. He's now trying to make up for lost time but at the same time trying to defend his earlier position, ugh.

ItsTime
10-05-2007, 05:07 PM
The closed primary in New Hampshire IS NOT A BIG DEAL! Dems are HARDCORE dems in New Hampshire. We are pulling as many as we can over before the deadline, but for the most part the over all number wouldnt be that great anyway.

I am tired of hearing that we need the Dem vote to win WE DO NOT NEED THE DEM VOTE TO WIN. It would be nice...but not NEEDED.

Geronimo
10-05-2007, 05:08 PM
]

He says this and then dares to ask us to pay for running an ad on the same subject??

Between the meetup emails, and the threads here about an ad in a NH paper I have no idea if there is one ad being placed, or if two different parties are trying to submit two different ads.

orenbus
10-05-2007, 05:15 PM
The closed primary in New Hampshire IS NOT A BIG DEAL! Dems are HARDCORE dems in New Hampshire. We are pulling as many as we can over before the deadline, but for the most part the over all number wouldnt be that great anyway.

I am tired of hearing that we need the Dem vote to win WE DO NOT NEED THE DEM VOTE TO WIN. It would be nice...but not NEEDED.

Huh? Please take a look at the poll on the right side half way down the page:
http://www.ronpaulnation.com/

Then take a look at this poll:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22280

Ok now tell me exactly how we should not be giving this attention it deserves?

ItsTime
10-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I am not saying dont try, dont do your best. All I am saying is its not the end of the world. PS I dont believe in online polls :) and those arent of only people who live in NH. over 70% of NH can vote for Paul if they wish

Huh? Please take a look at the poll on the right side half way down the page:
http://www.ronpaulnation.com/

Then take a look at this poll:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22280

Ok now tell me exactly how we should not be giving this attention it deserves?

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Between the meetup emails, and the threads here about an ad in a NH paper I have no idea if there is one ad being placed, or if two different parties are trying to submit two different ads.

There are two different NH newspaper ads being worked on at the present time.

1. One full page ad (ie. the Founding Fathers ad). It is discussed and money is being collected for it, here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22765
This one will probably not run until a couple of weeks from now.

2. One 1/4 page ad that 'ol Jim (NH Meetup Coordinator) requested on an emergency basis to announce the cutoff date. Lord Xar contacted someone he knows in New Hampshire to design it quickly and we are trying to fund it here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22450
This one is going to be run ASAP and it's lacking funding to do so.

margomaps
10-05-2007, 05:28 PM

Now, I'm sorry I contributed. This guy owes Jennifer an apology. He says this and then dares to ask us to pay for running an ad on the same subject??

Oh fer chrissakes. This infighting is a huge waste of time and must stop.

I know Jim -- not extremely well, but we've sat down over a beer a couple times after Ron Paul meetup events in NH. He's extremely intelligent (PhD in aerospace engineering), a very nice guy, and is doing a LOT to help out Ron Paul. He donates a tremendous amount of his own time, effort, and likely cash, to making a very large meetup group (400+) in NH succeed. He's at ground zero in NH's grassroots campaign to get Ron Paul winning the primary. He's gone door-to-door canvassing around Manchester for Ron. On multiple occasions he has gotten up on a big stage in front of MANY people to give a speech on Ron's behalf. Last Sunday morning he gave a speech and introduced Ron to a crowd of perhaps 800. That takes balls.

And we have people here sniping him because he was correcting factual inaccuracies that resulted in a flood of well-intentioned but very distracting e-mails and phone calls. How would you like to get hundreds of passionate e-mails admonishing you to DO SOMETHING!!! about a problem that doesn't exist. Especially when you're the organizer of the largest Ron Paul meetup group in NH, and you're juggling an average of about 4 meetup events per week.

Please, think before you snipe. And better yet, don't snipe. If you have a problem with Jim, contact him and let him know. I'm sure he'll set things straight with you -- if he gets to your e-mail under the barrage of misinformed spam he's having to deal with right now.

No hard feelings -- just wanted to set the record straight here. :cool:

And I personally want to thank you for donating to the NH ad. As I understand it, they were creating an ad for the newspaper anyway, and they decided to throw in the Oct 12 tidbit to kill two birds with one stone -- maybe pick up a few Ron Paul Dems who didn't realize they had to change their registration pronto. So, thank you for your generocity -- it's important, and very valuable. :)

margomaps
10-05-2007, 05:30 PM
He is probably embarrased to have learned the news of the Deadline from sources outside of NH. So his initial reaction is to play it down. He's now trying to make up for lost time but at the same time trying to defend his earlier position, ugh.

Not the case. See my previous message. He was simply trying to correct factual inaccuracies that were resulting in significant wasted time for the NH gassroots effort.

The Oct 12 date is important, but it's not quite what the gambling911 site described. The importance of the date is why we're trying to get an ad in the paper up here, asap. Please donate if you can afford it.

orenbus
10-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Not the case. See my previous message. He was simply trying to correct factual inaccuracies that were resulting in significant wasted time for the NH gassroots effort.

The Oct 12 date is important, but it's not quite what the gambling911 site described. The importance of the date is why we're trying to get an ad in the paper up here, asap. Please donate if you can afford it.

I can't afford it, but I will donate, lets do this folks!

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh fer chrissakes. This infighting is a huge waste of time and must stop.

I know Jim -- not extremely well, but we've sat down over a beer a couple times after Ron Paul meetup events in NH. He's extremely intelligent (PhD in aerospace engineering), a very nice guy, and is doing a LOT to help out Ron Paul. He donates a tremendous amount of his own time, effort, and likely cash, to making a very large meetup group (400+) in NH succeed. He's at ground zero in NH's grassroots campaign to get Ron Paul winning the primary. He's gone door-to-door canvassing around Manchester for Ron. On multiple occasions he has gotten up on a big stage in front of MANY people to give a speech on Ron's behalf. Last Sunday morning he gave a speech and introduced Ron to a crowd of perhaps 800. That takes balls.

And we have people here sniping him because he was correcting factual inaccuracies that resulted in a flood of well-intentioned but very distracting e-mails and phone calls. How would you like to get hundreds of passionate e-mails admonishing you to DO SOMETHING!!! about a problem that doesn't exist. Especially when you're the organizer of the largest Ron Paul meetup group in NH, and you're juggling an average of about 4 meetup events per week.

Please, think before you snipe. And better yet, don't snipe. If you have a problem with Jim, contact him and let him know. I'm sure he'll set things straight with you -- if he gets to your e-mail under the barrage of misinformed spam he's having to deal with right now.

No hard feelings -- just wanted to set the record straight here. :cool:

And I personally want to thank you for donating to the NH ad. As I understand it, they were creating an ad for the newspaper anyway, and they decided to throw in the Oct 12 tidbit to kill two birds with one stone -- maybe pick up a few Ron Paul Dems who didn't realize they had to change their registration pronto. So, thank you for your generocity -- it's important, and very valuable. :)

Margo, I had deleted my comment more than 10 minutes before you made this one of yours. Yes, I was initially irritated, because Jennifer is a friend of mine and I don't know of a harder worker for Ron Paul. If she was wrong, he was right to correct it. But, it struck me as more than odd that he would say that the impending date was no big deal, when just yesterday, he apparently approached Skiingff to ask us to construct and fund a 1/4 page newspaper ad announcing that fact, that needed to be run ASAP. I'm sure you can understand why that struck me as odd.

You are incorrect in thinking that the ad we had been working on is the same one that will be used to fulfill Jim's request. The primary reason is because the full page ad is still lacking about 2K from being funded, so it will probably not run for 2-3 weeks. Because of Jim's request. a totally new ad (1/4 page) is being created on a CritSit basis. It is this new one that will announce the impending cutoff date of 10-12. It is being funded here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22450
It's easy to find. The thread is titled, " Urgent Urgent Urgent Need A Newspaper Ad Now".

Note: You are right though. I shouldn't have "sniped" at him. One thing you need to consider though Margo. Jim is not the only one working hard. We ALL are; including Jennifer. Nor do the letters after someone's name have anything to do with the matter. I would imagine quite a few of us have similar credentials. As if they mean anything when it comes to this campaign.

margomaps
10-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Margo, I had deleted my comment more than 10 minutes before you made this one of yours.

Sorry, I took a while in typing my reply. Had I noticed you'd deleted your message, I would have probably just PM'd you instead.

You are incorrect in thinking that the ad we had been working on is the same one that will be used to fulfill Jim's request. ... Because of Jim's request. a totally new ad (1/4 page) is being created on a CritSit basis. It is this new one that will announce the impending cutoff date of 10-12.

I think Jim's message was "Hey everyone -- chill out! No reason to panic here, it's not as bad as people are saying." He clearly found it important enough to arrange for an ad in a NH paper (apparently -- I wasn't really aware of it until I read this thread). So he wasn't really in disagreement about getting the word out, he just wanted to put out some fires and save himself and other dedicated volunteers ton of well-intentioned spam. At least that's how I saw it. You have to understand that people have joinined our meetup group, sending out panicky sounding e-mails to the hundreds of group members, and a lot of it is bad information. That wastes everyone's time, generates a flurry of e-mails and phone calls from people worried about the FUD, and takes resources away from the activities that are really needed. With that context, I hope you understand why Jim felt it necessary to nip this in the bud.

Note: You are right though. I shouldn't have "sniped" at him. One thing you need to consider though Margo. Jim is not the only one working hard. We ALL are; including Jennifer. Nor do the letters after someone's name have anything to do with the matter. I would imagine quite a few of us have similar credentials. As if they mean anything when it comes to this campaign.

It's understandable that you got defensive when someone called out your friend Jennifer like this. Heck, I did the same thing when you called out Jim. But, it's all water under the bridge now. :)

And of course I realize that there are other dedicated supporters out there! I certainly didn't intend for anyone to read my post as "Oh, Jim's a PhD, therefore a better volunteer than others." I probably should have just left that tidbit out, but heck, he's a smart guy and I thought it would give people a better idea of who he is. More importantly though, I wanted you and others to understand that Jim's putting a whole lot of effort into this campaign, and he deserves support -- not sniping. I think we're on the same page about this.

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 07:15 PM
It's all cool, Margo. Sorry we started off on that foot. Peace. :)

We're all after the same goal.

margomaps
10-05-2007, 07:23 PM
It's all cool, Margo. Sorry we started off on that foot. Peace. :)

We're all after the same goal.

You said it! Peace, man. And thanks again for donating to that ad.

Oh...and the original reason I replied to this thread in the first place -- I'm in NH. :D