PDA

View Full Version : What we really pay

BillyDkid
10-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Is there any place where someone has gone to the trouble of tabulating how much of our incomes actually go to government at all levels - including all the fees and licenses and sales taxes and add ons in all manufacturing and service and other invisible stuff? I know the amount is vastly more than is typically accounted for by merely tabulating obvious taxes. For example, take a 20 thousand dollar car - there are all sorts of hidden costs in every component and hidden manufacturing costs and so on such that ultimately half of the cost of the vehicle amounts to money paid to the government.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that for an average American, if all of the invisible costs were accounted for, it would add up to something like 70 or 80% of their real incomes being paid to government at some level. There is absolutely nothing you can buy and no service you can use and no transaction of any sort in this country that does not involve a significant payment to government at every stage. Has anyone ever tried to figure this out? I have never found a full accounting of how much of all the money we earn ends up ultimately in the hands of government.

I have seen lists of all the taxes we pay, but these do not include the taxes and fees paid at every step of the manufacturing process and all the additional added cost for virtually everything that ends up in government coffers for every product and service we buy. I think Americans would be utterly stunned to learn how much of the money we earn ultimately goes to all the levels of government, even those of us who think we have a handle on how we are being ripped off. thanks, BDK

Danke
10-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I thought there was a JBS video on that. But I think it was on the hidden cost in products only, not all taxes.

Danke
10-18-2009, 03:18 PM
I thought there was a JBS video on that. But I think it was on the hidden cost in products only, not all taxes.

here it is:

YouTube - 4409 -- Stripped and Raped (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wevAWr5vtig)

BillyDkid
10-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes, thanks.