PDA

View Full Version : RLC member: "GOP trying to boot libertarians from the Party"

Matt Collins
10-15-2009, 09:09 AM
No big shocking surprise but I was told by a fellow Republican Liberty Caucus (http://www.rlc.org) Member today that....

I recently spoke to someone connected to the national Republican Party and he told me that the Party is going to do all they can do to "Remove the Influence" by the RLC because the Libertarians are hijacking the Party."

torchbearer
10-15-2009, 09:10 AM
good. :)

constituent
10-15-2009, 09:10 AM
LoL, oh noes people actually WANT to call themselves REPUBLICANS?

Something must be done about this, immediately.

justinc.1089
10-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Lol we have got to be making progress if they're talking about this so much. I mean this and Graham and such, it seems like the establishment really is concerned in the GOP.

They're stupid for doing that anyway. They can't win without us. It would be like the Dems trying to cut out their more conservative portion leftover from back when the Democratic party was actually conservative kind of. The Democrats still need that portion of their party to support them, work with them, and vote for them. And the Republicans need their paleo-conservative, libertarian faction too, even more than the Dems need all their factions because the Republicans seem to win by smaller margins to me than the Democrats win elections by.

I don't get the logic lol.

It seems like to me a football team's coach and offense trying to get rid of their defense because they want to be an offensive team, so they want to get defense players that get that and want to orient the team as an offensive team. It makes no sense. Why would you try to get rid of part of your own team?

This just shows how CRAZY the leaders of the GOP are. They're trying to make their OWN party SMALLER lol!

georgiaboy
10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Broken record I know, but I fail to comprehend how those who are in favor of small, constitutionally limited federal government are somehow the ones portrayed as hijackers of the GOP.

georgiaboy
10-15-2009, 09:16 AM
good. :)

Ha, yeah, Lindsey Graham has done a great job so far. How's that working out for ya, Senor Grahamnesty?

georgiaboy
10-15-2009, 09:18 AM
also bears repeating,

"...and then they fight you, and then ..."

specsaregood
10-15-2009, 09:23 AM
They're stupid for doing that anyway. They can't win without us.
I don't get the logic lol.

Because they don't necessarily want to win. At the top of the power brokering there is no difference between the parties. They just play off each other. If truly principled small-govt conservatives take back the GOP then there is a small chance that they will get in the way....They want the GOP to stay around but controlled by the same people. They would rather the GOP lose than risk the wrong people getting in charge of it.

Elwar
10-15-2009, 09:33 AM
I see a lot of establishment folks getting pissed when Gary Johnson starts running...

Chieftain1776
10-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Because they don't necessarily want to win. At the top of the power brokering there is no difference between the parties. They just play off each other. If truly principled small-govt conservatives take back the GOP then there is a small chance that they will get in the way....They want the GOP to stay around but controlled by the same people. They would rather the GOP lose than risk the wrong people getting in charge of it.

Exactly^. But if they're too blatant and aggressive they'll risk kicking us out so far out the tent that we'll attack them from the right and in primaries. I think Graham and their ilk are making a strategic mistake. Most Americans and even GOPer's saw how much of a failure their policies are and they are pretty discredited. Some discredited hack like Graham attacking a principled person like Ron Paul is a good thing and got Ron Paul two interviews on television.

jkr
10-15-2009, 10:22 AM
i want to boot THEM from the CONTINENT!

bunklocoempire
10-15-2009, 10:29 AM

B-I-N-G-O!

Bunkloco

MsDoodahs
10-15-2009, 10:44 AM

yep, exactly.

ctiger2
10-15-2009, 11:30 AM
If they think we're hijacking their party then we're doing a good job so far. Need to hijack that puppy bigtime.

Dionysus
10-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Message to RINOs and NEO-CONs, the LIBERTARIANS and CONSTITUTIONAL CONSERVATIVES are coming.

You cannot stop us.

Resistance is futile.