PDA

View Full Version : Disillusioned liberals yearn for Hillary Clinton

bobbyw24
10-15-2009, 05:01 AM
Disillusioned liberals yearn for Hillary Clinton
By: Chris Stirewalt

October 15, 2009

Where were you when you came to the panicky realization that Hillary Clinton was right?

For me, it was while driving to work one recent morning and talking with a colleague about the state of the health legislation. I was explaining how the Obama plan wasn’t really about universal coverage but rather cutting a deal with the insurance industry and then making it look good for liberals.

I paused, realizing that I had just repeated, almost verbatim, the lines that Clinton used to bludgeon then-Sen. Barack Obama during the Democratic primaries.

As they debated in Cleveland — the nastiest of their one-on-one matchups after John Edwards dropped out to spend more time with his families — Clinton charged that Obama wouldn’t play tough enough and would get rolled by the insurance industry.

Her words came back to me: “Senator Obama’s plan does not cover everyone. It would leave, give or take, 15 million people out.”

I expected to look into the rearview mirror and see her sitting in the back seat

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Disillusioned-liberals-yearn-for-Hillary-Clinton-64236872.html

WClint
10-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Who cares. In fact, under the assumption that Hilary Clinton would have been more effective than it is better that its better that ineffective Obongo is in charge, as he will not be able to get there communist agenda passed.

angelatc
10-15-2009, 06:48 AM
I seem to recall that Hillary-care was pretty much the exact same thing. She was cutting deals with insurance companies.

Sorry, but a real liberal would abolish insurance, set up government services and eliminate private care all together.

paulitics
10-15-2009, 07:07 AM
The scary thing is Hillary is WAY to the left of Bill Clinton, and in many ways worst than Barrack Obama. At least she campaigned that way. Baby bonds, free healthcare for everyone. Her foreign policy was closer to Neocon, instead of Brezinski. Not sure which is worst.

She would have done a good job galvanizing the right, but the media would have fun pegging us as sexists, and Hillary would have to shed a few crocadile tears a few times to get sympathy from the public. Since the elderly love the Clintons more than Barrack, it may have gone through already.