PDA

View Full Version : GOP launches aggressive Diversity & Multi-Culturalism campaign

Liberty Star
10-14-2009, 10:48 PM
If you thought GOP's diversity campaign stopped at Steele, think again.
Keep hitting refersh button and you will see what some are calling GOP's pre-emptive strike on Obama's diversity czars:

http://www.gop.com/

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/04/us/politics/03web-nagourney.html

Is GOP the new crusader of diversity in America? Is so, how successful their campaign would be?

GOP Heroes Photos:

Guess which famous GOP Hero's pic is missing from this top list:

http://gop.com/index.php/learn/heroes/?page=1

No photo of GW Bush. This is some serious disrespect.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Trying to out pander, the panderers, via our money. How, exciting.....

Liberty Star
10-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Out pandering the "panderer in chief" is going to be too ambitious a goal for GOP.

Wonder who is behind this latest GOP diversity blitz -- Dick Armey, Newt, Lindsey Graham/McCain/Lieberman combo, Beck, Palin , Romney or it's just Michael Steele leading the party now to conquer America's inner cities after conquering Baghdad?

Oyate
10-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Aggressive diversity campaign. Yeah, that's GOP top to bottom lol. "OK, you Bowannas, **** and Pedros get in here or we kick your ass."

Kotin
10-14-2009, 11:36 PM
fail

SimpleName
10-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Out pandering the "panderer in chief" is going to be too ambitious a goal for GOP.

Wonder who is behind this latest GOP diversity blitz -- Dick Armey, Newt, Lindsey Graham/McCain/Lieberman combo, Beck, Palin , Romney or it's just Michael Steele leading the party now to conquer America's inner cities after conquering Baghdad?

hehe. Doesn't quite match up to the all powerful others you mentioned, people that actually are able to push this nonsense. Beck is no faux-diversity supporter (please read his pre-liberty movement books). I'd say Graham/McCain/Lieberman seems in the ballpark. Steele is ultimately the one implementing this. He is struggling to catch the Dems.

Colony14
10-15-2009, 04:32 PM
The GOP's will NEVER LEARN will they!
It's NOT GOING TO WORK!
I grew up in Los Angeles County and I NEVER KNEW one single GOP Latino, Hispanic person, EVER.
Sure they must exist, someplace? But I have never ever met a single solitary Latino/Hispanic person that was anything other than a solid lifelong DEMOCRAT.
McCain TRIED to play this game, it did NOT WORK. What he did was lose millions upon millions for being a Turn Coat and Voting for and trying to FORCE Americans to accept yet another, Shamnesty.
And, Odingo WILL FORCE Shamnesty. He cares NOT that he is going to lose millions upon millions of Senior Citizens when they find out that his Genocidecare Bill is just what Odingo the Doctor Ordered for them.
He's going to just REPLACE the Senior Citizens he's lost with his Shamnestied former Illegals, Simple!
Lindsey Graham, Michael Steele, John McCain and several other LOOPIES are DREAMIN' a DREAM that will NEVER happen.
I still do not understand why so many Politicians are so Gung Ho to try and GET as many African Americans as they possibly can, they are only 13% of the US Population compared to how many Caucasians? And, with that 13% comes high blood pressure, morbid obesity, diseases as well as the highest in HIV & AIDS disease.
But, nobody wants to claim they WANT Caucasians except Ron Paul. And, that's why I supported him in 08' and still support Ron Paul. He's not AFRAID to not be a White Basher.

bobbyw24
10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups.

Yet it is the federal government more than anything else that divides us along race, class, religion, and gender lines. The federal government, through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs, plays far too large a role in determining who succeeds and who fails in our societ

Cong. Ron Paul 12/24/2002

Cowlesy
10-15-2009, 06:15 PM
If the GOP really wanted to attract more citizens to our party who historically were not republicans, they SHOULD TALK TO RON PAUL.

You go to a Ron Paul rally and it has people of all races, creeds and ages. Atheists, Evangelicals, Jews, Muslims, Whites, Blacks ---- okay, I haven't seen that many Asians --- but they are probably out there!

You will find Diversity in Freedom. We don't need to manufacture it. It occurs naturally.

bobbyw24
10-15-2009, 06:17 PM
okay, I haven't seen that many Asians --- but they are probably out there!

Mike Nystrom-owner of The Daily Paul is 1/2 Chinese, I believe and 1/2 Norwegian

Liberty Star
10-16-2009, 11:19 PM
hehe. Doesn't quite match up to the all powerful others you mentioned, people that actually are able to push this nonsense. Beck is no faux-diversity supporter (please read his pre-liberty movement books). I'd say Graham/McCain/Lieberman seems in the ballpark. Steele is ultimately the one implementing this. He is struggling to catch the Dems.

You're right, Beck doesn't belong on that list on second thought. Don't know why I threw his name there lol

1836er
10-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey Michael Steele!

Have you not been to a Tea Party yet? If so here's a hint for you... all those folks out there aren't taking time off from work and hauling out the "Don't Tread on Me" flags because the GOP doesn't pander enough to the Goddess of Political Correctness. While most of us "tea-baggers" aren't necessarily Ron Paul supporters (at least knowingly) and most probably don't (yet) support his non-interventionist foreign policy, there are some common and easily identifiable themes out there - like following the Constitution (at least in terms of domestic policy) and shrinking the federal government - that you could try pandering to instead that might actually begin the process of rebuilding your decrepit party.

Of course, that would imply that you actually want to rebuild your party and that you want to stand for something.

Fr3shjive
10-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Why would poor minorities(or anybody) support the current GOP? They are war mongers, big government, anti-freedom...etc.

At least with democrats they set up massive social programs to help out the poor.

SelfTaught
10-17-2009, 04:10 AM
---- okay, I haven't seen that many Asians --- but they are probably out there!

I am Chinese, last time I checked. Despite being a minority, I think diversity outreach programs are the biggest waste of time and energy. Who gives a damn? If asians were the only minority, I doubt the GOP would be doing this. Why? Because in order to qualify as "diverse", you need to include some blacks and hispanics. If a basketball team was 95% black, do you think there would be a push to include more asians and whites? Probably not. It's only when blacks or mexicans are underrepresented that you have a "diversity problem".

This campaign is guaranteed to be ineffective. Why? One of the main reasons blacks and hispanics are underrepresented in the GOP is because so few them are willing to publicly support Republicans or conservativism and face scrutiny from their own race. There is nothing the GOP can do to resolve that.

Fr3shjive
10-17-2009, 04:23 AM
I am Chinese, last time I checked. Despite being a minority, I think diversity outreach programs are the biggest waste of time and energy. Who gives a damn? If asians were the only minority, I doubt the GOP would be doing this. Why? Because in order to qualify as "diverse", you need to include some blacks and hispanics. If a basketball team was 95% black, do you think there would be a push to include more asians and whites? Probably not. It's only when blacks or mexicans are underrepresented that you have a "diversity problem".

This campaign is guaranteed to be ineffective. Why? One of the main reasons blacks and hispanics are underrepresented in the GOP is because so few them are willing to publicly support Republicans or conservativism and face scrutiny from their own race. There is nothing the GOP can do to resolve that.

I disagree. Present them with something they can agree with and they will join you. The current GOP isnt very appealing to anybody. Ron Paul's freedom movement will draw in minorities and people of all walks of life. They just need to hear it.

Fr3shjive
10-17-2009, 04:27 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul On D.L. Hughley Breaks The News 03/07/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhb9Vjs9zxE)

Here's an example of a minority changing his mind after just listening to Ron Pauls message. Plenty of minorities agree with Ron Paul, they just dont know it yet. As far as minorities agreeing with the current neo-cons on the GOP, well I dont think that will ever happen.

Oyate
10-17-2009, 04:33 AM
I am Chinese, last time I checked.

I deeply regret not having slandered your ethnic group in my last post. I hope you are not offended by this oversight.

SelfTaught
10-17-2009, 04:49 AM
I disagree. Present them with something they can agree with and they will join you. The current GOP isnt very appealing to anybody. Ron Paul's freedom movement will draw in minorities and people of all walks of life. They just need to hear it.

I agree that putting out a good message like Ron Paul is important. If they like it they can join the liberty movement. The thing I'm trying to examine is why diversity is so damn important that people actually devote time and money for the purpose of reaching minorities. If they like the message, great. If they don't, we shouldn't think, "Let's try to do this or that to cater to more minorities." Minorities can read and think for themselves. Campaigns to gather more minority support are condescending in my opinion.

For example, if I go to a white person's house, I don't expect them to cook Chinese food just because I'm coming over (they probably couldn't do it right anyways;)). The same way if white people come to my mom's house, they're getting ducks and steamed fish. We can still be friends without having to go to lengths to make sure everyone feels 100% comfortable.

SelfTaught
10-17-2009, 04:54 AM
I deeply regret not having slandered your ethnic group in my last post. I hope you are not offended by this oversight.

Go right ahead. I have no problem with people slandering my race. You kinda did a poor job. I would have replaced "Bowannas and Pedros" with something a little more offensive. If you need examples, ask me. I'm a master when it comes to talking shit about other races.:D

WClint
10-17-2009, 05:14 AM
Why would poor minorities(or anybody) support the current GOP? They are war mongers, big government, anti-freedom...etc.

At least with democrats they set up massive social programs to help out the poor.

As opposed to the democrats who are for bigger government, bigger wars, and even less freedom oh but at least they "spread the wealth around". Last time I checked Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and Rand Paul were all running as Republicans.

Fr3shjive
10-17-2009, 05:19 AM
As opposed to the democrats who are for bigger government, bigger wars, and even less freedom oh but at least they "spread the wealth around". Last time I checked Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and Rand Paul were all running as Republicans.

I was referring to the current Republican party which is made up of 99% neo-cons. If Ron/Rand Paul and Peter Schiff are the future of the party it wont be hard to attract minorities but as the Republican party stands now they offer nothing to minorities(or people in general).

Liberty Star
10-17-2009, 10:06 AM
I was referring to the current Republican party which is made up of 99% neo-cons. If Ron/Rand Paul and Peter Schiff are the future of the party it wont be hard to attract minorities but as the Republican party stands now they offer nothing to minorities(or people in general).

Actuallly only 90% of current GOP is now neoconish, there has been some conversion of late of some GOP'ers to libertarianism as evidenced by famous recent apologies by recovering neocons like Glenn Beck and since election of pacifist Michael Steele as GOP head.

catdd
10-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Well, minorities and everybody else better start voting on POLICIES rather than all this superficial bullshit or we are all going down the same drain together.
It's time for everybody to WTFU .