PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul vs. Lindsey Graham

bobbyw24
10-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Ron Paul vs. Lindsey Graham
Digg Tweet By David Weigel 10/14/09 3:36 PM

It’s on. The Texas congressman is milking Sen. Lindsey Graham’s (R-S.C.) attack on his followers and policies for all it’s worth, telling members of his Campaign for Liberty that he’ll mount a media offensive against Republicans who want their party “controlled by the ‘neoconservatives.’”

For far too long, the Republican Party has been controlled by the “neoconservatives,” those who readily abandon the free market at the drop of a hat if it means expanding government power and who think the United States should be the policeman of the world. They want us to support those who throw substance and principle to the wind in favor of political expediency.

Last Monday night, Senator Lindsey Graham reiterated his disdain for Ron Paul and limited government conservatives at a town hall when he said that he was not going to allow the Republican Party to be “hijacked by Ron Paul.”

Instead, he thinks we should get behind those who he tells us “can win,” even if it means abandoning every belief we hold dear in the process.

In addition to his afternoon appearance on Judge Napolitano’s Freedom Watch, Congressman Paul will be responding to the neoconservatives on The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer tonight at 6 pm eastern and also on MSNBC’s The Ed Show at 6:30 pm eastern.

CNN has shared with my staff that they want to hear from you on this issue. Contact The Situation Room and let them know you think neoconservatism has had its day and it is time for our elected officials to stick to the Constitution.

http://washingtonindependent.com/63829/ron-paul-vs-lindsey-graham

ClayTrainor
10-14-2009, 02:35 PM
It’s on. The Texas congressman is milking Sen. Lindsey Graham’s (R-S.C.) attack on his followers and policies for all it’s worth, telling members of his Campaign for Liberty that he’ll mount a media offensive against Republicans who want their party “controlled by the ‘neoconservatives.’”

Hell yea!!!!

torchbearer
10-14-2009, 02:45 PM
did i miss freedom watch?

FunkBuddha
10-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Haha! We'll win this game.

qh4dotcom
10-15-2009, 12:23 AM
It's obvious that Graham now has a grudge against Ron Paul and his supporters because he sure hasn't forgotten that it was a Ron Paul supporter who had the nerve and dared to take away his precious Senate seat last year.

RM918
10-15-2009, 02:00 AM
The sad thing here is people are actually making this out to be a rift on the Republican Party, and as we all know they can only handle two sides at once, so now it's Graham and moderates who 'reach across the aisle' and are 'big tent' vs. Paul and LIMBAUGH rowdy zombie 'God's politic'kers who are the 'fringe right'.

Apparently there's now no difference between Paul and Limbaugh supporters, and guys like Graham are the future of the GOP for playing nice with Democrats. Really painful, the ignorance being displayed.

I'm a Christian, but I really think these people bringing God up as their chief reasons for opposing Graham are doing horrible damage to their and our arguments.