PDA

View Full Version : House Dem urges NFL not to let Limbaugh buy the St. Louis Rams

bobbyw24
10-14-2009, 07:59 AM
House Dem urges NFL not to let Limbaugh buy the St. Louis Rams
By Bob Cusack - 10/14/09 07:52 AM ET

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Tuesday urged the National Football League not to let conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh buy the St. Louis Rams.

Limbaugh, a former employee of the Kansas City Royals, has said he is interested in buying the winless team. But Jackson Lee, citing Limbaugh's controversial remarks about Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb in 2003, said the right-leaning radio talk show host is "divisive."

Jackson Lee, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), said she agrees with the National Football League Players Association, which has expressed major concerns about Limbaugh's bid.

While stressing that she is a firm believer in the First Amendment and acknowledging this matter is not a government issue, Jackson Lee said in a floor speech, "I know he is not the kind of owner the NFL needs." She called on the NFL to "do the right thing" and "have some integrity" by rebuffing Limbaugh.

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.), another CBC member, last week told The Hill that he had no problems with Limbaugh's bid and even suggested the outspoken conservative could improve the team's performance.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday suggested that a Limbaugh bid would not be approved by the league, saying, "...we're all held to a high

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/62981-house-dem-urges-nfl-not-to-let-limbaugh-buy-the-rams

phill4paul
10-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Because w/ all the problems facing the U.S. , this is what truly should be debated and talked about on the floor.:rolleyes:
Thanks for your opinion. Now will you please get on w/ the business of governing this country!

Pennsylvania
10-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Now will you please get on w/ the business of governing this country!

Bad idea.

bobbyw24
10-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Because w/ all the problems facing the U.S. , this is what truly should be debated and talked about on the floor.:rolleyes:
Thanks for your opinion. Now will you please get on w/ the business of governing this country!

Precisely. Focus on helping the community you serve, Congresswoman.

phill4paul
10-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Bad idea.

In retrospect you are right. I stand corrected.:o

angelatc
10-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Jackson Lee, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC),

Racists defining racism. I don't think there's a chance in hades he'll get to buy the team, but I do wish he would. But if he does, they'll just relentlessly attack him.

Look what they did to Marge Schott. She was awesome, and they demagogued her almost to death.

Chester Copperpot
10-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Racists defining racism. I don't think there's a chance in hades he'll get to buy the team, but I do wish he would. But if he does, they'll just relentlessly attack him.

Look what they did to Marge Schott. She was awesome, and they demagogued her almost to death.

Marge Shott.. Oh boy does that bring back some funny memories of the Howard Stern show. ahhahahhaha

BlackTerrel
10-14-2009, 12:42 PM

Why was Marge Schott so awesome?

ItsTime
10-14-2009, 12:54 PM
sounds like one of the steps Naomi Wolf talked about. "Government Targets INDIVIDUALS"

catdd
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
If it were the Cowboys the liberals wouldn't mind so much, but a conservative owning a team with a cute animal name is just more than they can bear.

werdd
10-14-2009, 01:34 PM
If it were the Cowboys the liberals wouldn't mind so much, but a conservative owning a team with a cute animal name is just more than they can bear.

That and St. Louis is the welfare mecca of the US.