PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul - A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 08:37 AM
http://www.progressiveu.org/162717-ron-paul-a-wolf-in-sheeps-clothing

TooConservative
10-01-2007, 10:30 AM
I see you guys decided to reward their little hitpiece with some traffic. Ah, well, does no great harm. But we may be increasing the incentive for negative attacks on Ron Paul by these folk because they know bashing on him drives their web traffic way up and may increase their ability to flog ads.

Make sure you're using configuring your browser and extensions so you don't reward them financially for bashing Ron Paul.

hard@work
10-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Please post the article so we don't have to click.

:)

TooConservative
10-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Please post the article so we don't have to click. :)

I'm new here. Is posting articles allowed?

Too bad we aren't allowed to IFRAME these sites, at least via a setting the user control panel.

Or are we? Hmmm....I'll try....

Nope. Can't do it or that syntax is wrong.

nullvalu
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm new here. Is posting articles allowed?

Too bad we aren't allowed to IFRAME these sites, at least via a setting the user control panel.

Or are we? Hmmm....I'll try....

Nope. Can't do it or that syntax is wrong.

Even if an IFRAME worked on the board, it would still count as a hit against their server, since it's just telling your browser to open the site within a frame on your computer.

hard@work
10-01-2007, 01:09 PM
I read it. This is from a self described "progressive" which is the neocon of the left. Stuck in the idea that corporate controlled "globalism" is healthy as opposed to free trade and travel in a free market. Completely unaware that the terms used such as "globalism" is basically corporate controlled markets regulated government legislation written by lobbyists (like Fred Thompson). And unfortunately unaware that non-interventionism is not isolationism. Ron Paul supports an increase in free trade, travel, and comprehensive intelligent diplomatic missions. This is the antithesis of isolationism and imperialism.

Then you go into the military components. Actually aligning with the neocons and pro-war pro-military complex business and lobby networks. That's how damaging neocon rule has been, even the bleeding heart has become a war supporter. This individual is completely unaware of how Korea feels and their attempts at peace and unification being sidelined by our war drums. Completely unaware of the unnecessary occupation we have in Germany, a country that history has shown time and time again has no issue defending itself (and then some).

Then he speaks superficially of economic effects concerning removal of the fiat currency system. That in itself was disheartening, however superficiality or not he is dead wrong on the effects and obviously doesn't understand or doesn't wish to state Ron Paul's policies. Introducing competition by releasing the treasury back to the people as originally intended stabilizes the currency and increases it's value. He's never stated we should do anything that wasn't economically sound (like eliminating the corrupt monetary system day one).

As for abortion, I will grant him some reprieve. However I understand this issue at it's core. And that is quite simply that we need to stop unwanted pregnancy and the need for abortion. The solution to this is extremely complex, and we will never ever solve this at the federal level. It's time to solve this once and for all and it will require the 50 state system to allow 50 solutions to be reviewed. Federal protection of abortion "rights" can easily be overturned with the wind, and this is something that pro-choice advocates should be aware of. We need to work on minimizing the pain this causes to our people before we can work to end it. And our nation is failing miserably here, it's time for change.

@

Sergeant Brother
10-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Funny that the author of the thread seems to think that going to the gold standard is what is devaluing our currency. Some people are too dumb to argue with :rolleyes:

Cowlesy
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
It's the same San Francisco guy who posted that quirky video of him sitting on the floor on Youtube that had comments disabled. Search: "Ron Paul Sucks" if you want to remember that guy.

Sergeant Brother
10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
It's the same San Francisco guy who posted that quirky video of him sitting on the floor on Youtube that had comments disabled. Search: "Ron Paul Sucks" if you want to remember that guy.

Oh yeah, he's an ass, I just watched his video.