PDA

View Full Version : Email from my brother in Ohio

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Sorry I didn't call back last night. Went down hard with a sinus headache that only seems to be getting worse.

On a high note though a quick story to share: I'm driving into work this morning and I notice a car following me off 32, through Batavia and into our parking lot. Not all that unusual, but still noticeable. I get out of my truck and the driver (some old man about dad's age) asks "Where'd you get that Ron Paul sticker?" A little confused (sinus headache and all), and I thought he was joking, I told him my brother sent it to me. Then I noticed he looked a bit disappointed and he wasn't parking anywhere. Quickly I asked if he'd like one. "You're damn right I would." he replies in the most Clermont of accents. So I went back to my truck and gave him one of each asking that he pass one on. Smiling he said thanks, took the bumper stickers and drove off.

-----------------------------------------------

"I said, 'government is powerless to protect you,' not 'powerless to punish you'". - Chief Wiggum.

Chester Copperpot
10-01-2007, 08:36 AM
HE must be a 'FREDHEAD' Theyre everywhere dont you know???

HAHA

LibertyEagle
10-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Neat. :)

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Neat. :)

I'm doing all I can.

Santana28
10-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow, very cool.

Actually, i'm very very proud to know that my hometown is representing Ron Paul in my absence! In fact, it seems like the majority of the Dayton Ohio Ron Paul meetup's members are from the sleepy lil suburb where i spent my first 19 years ;)

Gives me hope for Ohio... we'll need as much support as we can get there, considering the heavy military presence and the questionable voting issues we had in the last election...

hard@work
10-01-2007, 11:39 AM
I walked out of starbucks the other day (yuppee that I am) and a young lady had parked in front with a Ron Paul rider on her roof and signs all over her car. That was a few weeks after I parked behind a truck with a giant "Google Ron Paul" plastered on the back window. I'm beginning to think my little bumper sticker needs an upgrade...

:)

V4Vendetta
10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
wow great news guys!!!

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Sorry I didn't call back last night. Went down hard with a sinus headache that only seems to be getting worse.

On a high note though a quick story to share: I'm driving into work this morning and I notice a car following me off 32, through Batavia and into our parking lot. Not all that unusual, but still noticeable. I get out of my truck and the driver (some old man about dad's age) asks "Where'd you get that Ron Paul sticker?" A little confused (sinus headache and all), and I thought he was joking, I told him my brother sent it to me. Then I noticed he looked a bit disappointed and he wasn't parking anywhere. Quickly I asked if he'd like one. "You're damn right I would." he replies in the most Clermont of accents. So I went back to my truck and gave him one of each asking that he pass one on. Smiling he said thanks, took the bumper stickers and drove off.

"I said, 'government is powerless to protect you,' not 'powerless to punish you'". - Chief Wiggum.

why was he disappointed?

Korey Kaczynski
10-01-2007, 12:00 PM
why was he disappointed?

Generally people with bumper stickers have more to give people. So the old man thought his brother didn't have any on him.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Generally people with bumper stickers have more to give people. So the old man thought his brother didn't have any on him.

I never knew that lol. Very cool, though. Things are really heating up.... I really think we should bulk up on copies of RP literature and really think about knocking on every door in America

RJB
10-01-2007, 12:05 PM
why was he disappointed?

He probably knows Bradley :D Just joking. That's good to hear. I haven't gotten one comment on my sticker. I have had a few when I wear a hat or shirt. The hat and shirt can be unsettling because I'll forget what I'm wearing and I'll catch someone staring at me, not realizing they're staring at my shirt.

One warning, once you put on a bumper sticker DO NOT GET ROAD RAGE. I've turned into the politest driver you'll ever meet. My wife doesn't recognise me:)

Bradley in DC
10-01-2007, 12:11 PM
One warning, once you put on a bumper sticker DO NOT GET ROAD RAGE. I've turned into the politest driver you'll ever meet. My wife doesn't recognise me:)

Oh, I know! I've caught myself dozens of times going out of my way to be the most polite driver I've ever been (usually a speed demon, I have to confess, have that in common with the good doctor too, I'm afraid). Now, as the thread repeats, I'm from Ohio where we're pretty collegial, but I'm constantly checking myself to be the best ambassador for Dr. Paul as possible.

Patrick Henry
10-01-2007, 12:19 PM

Cool. Something similiar happened to me. My girlfriend was parked in front of my apartment in Boston around September 1st when all the college students were moving in. (She has a Ron Paul bumper sticker on the back of her SUV.) We were getting ready to drive to PA to visit my folks when an older lady around 75-80 came over and knocked on the window. She asked if we had anymore stickers. I gave her 4 stickers and 10 slim jims. She said "now this is a man I could vote for." "We cannot have Hillary in the White House." It was great.

On a side bar, every weekend I wear my Ron Paul Shirt. You cannot believe how many comments I get from people. (probably 5-10 people)I always have slim jims on me so I am able to give them lit. I am almost certain that I HAve converted about 20 people since September. Good Times!