PDA

View Full Version : We need to dominate new RNC website and forum!

tajitj
10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
PLEASE BE CIVIL, AS RON PAUL ALWAYS IS
__________________________________________________ _____

****Everyone needs to join up and start spreading our message there, when they are wrong they should not go unchallenged****

thehill.com (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/62765-gop-launches-new-website) has a piece talking about the new launch of the Republican National Committee website to target the younger grassroots

I started a Rand Paul for Senate group, we'll see if they allow it.

On the front page "Why are you a Republican" (http://www.gop.com/index.php/blog/comments/why_are_you_a_republican/) I think we need to answer that one!

The have blogs, a forum, everything we need to help spread the real Conservative message!

http://www.gop.com/

Ron Paul supporters represent a huge portion of online conservatives, why not make sure they get a Constitutional opinion on the topics of the day.

I am serious, we need to take it to them, we dominate "these tubes"

Ian A.
10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm now a member but the site isn't letting me login. I'll wait.:o

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-13-2009, 03:56 PM
PLEASE BE CIVIL, AS RON PAUL ALWAYS IS
__________________________________________________ _____

****Everyone needs to join up and start spreading our message there, when they are wrong they should not go unchallenged****

thehill.com (httarget younger people and the online grassroots.tp://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/62765-gop-launches-new-website) has a piece talking about the new launch of the Republican National Committee website to

On the front page "Why are you a Republican" (http://www.gop.com/index.php/blog/comments/why_are_you_a_republican/) I think we need to answer that one!

The have blogs, a forum, everything we need to help spread the real Conservative message!

http://www.gop.com/

Ron Paul supporters represent a huge portion of online conservatives, why not make sure they get a Constitutional opinion on the topics of the day.

I am serious, we need to take it to them, we dominate "these tubes"

Aye. Also, Abraham Lincoln, Dwight Eisenhower, and Jackie Robinson (Seriously, how is he a GOP "hero"? He was a baseball player, not a Statesman/Politician), and no Robert Taft, or Barry Goldwater? If this doesn't say everything, I don't know what does. Oh well, let's see if we can spread our message to the RINO's and Neo's.

JoshLowry
10-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Aye. Also, Abraham Lincoln, Dwight Eisenhower, and Jackie Robinson (Seriously, how is he a GOP "hero"? He was a baseball player, not a Statesman/Politician), and no Robert Taft, or Barry Goldwater? If this doesn't say everything, I don't know what does. Oh well, let's see if we can spread our message to the RINO's and Neo's.

Post this on their forum.

Call them out on their bullshit on their turf.

LibertyWorker
10-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Post this on their forum.

Call them out on their bullshit on their turf.

Release the Liberty Hounds !!!!!

BlackTerrel
10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
This is a smart idea but I agree being civil is very important. You don't win people over by annoying and badgering them to death. That is something I sometimes wish RP supporters understood better.

But having a lot of RP supporters on that site is a very good idea.

coyote_sprit
10-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Their heroes section is a fucking joke.

tajitj
10-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Nice Ron Paul mentions on that "Why are you a Republican"

You never know this might be the thing that makes some of them open their eyes.

I think they just started something they have no idea how to spin. Funny how when they dont have complete controll over content, the real stuff comes out.

Reason
10-13-2009, 08:47 PM
where is the forum

Bruno
10-13-2009, 08:52 PM
This is a smart idea but I agree being civil is very important. You don't win people over by annoying and badgering them to death. That is something I sometimes wish RP supporters understood better.

But having a lot of RP supporters on that site is a very good idea.

It originally was a huge turn-off for me, and I didn't take the time to research RP for awhile because of it. A few bad apples...

1836er
10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I definitely agree on being civil on that "Why I'm a Republican" thread. We should use it as an opportunity to impress upon fellow "conservatives" that the GOP is at its best as a medium to thwart the Dems progressive agenda when it adheres to the founding principles of liberty as enshrined in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. IMO using a forum like this as a tool to vent our frustrations out on other Republicans at how Ron Paul has been treated or to stick it to the "neoconservatives" just because it feels good is perhaps not the most effective use for this forum.

Establish some credibility with these folks by letting them know we ought to be on the same team against a greater enemy, and then let's move them in our direction... don't give them reasons (even if they're bogus ones) to dismiss us. I'm going to go make a post myself in a few minutes.

BlackTerrel
10-13-2009, 09:47 PM
It originally was a huge turn-off for me, and I didn't take the time to research RP for awhile because of it. A few bad apples...

There's a difference between engaging in discussion and spamming. A number of RP supporters were focused on the latter.

Ex. Republican debates FoxNews poll "who won the debates". Ron Paul wins 98.7%. First time it was cute, fourth time I thought "ok these guys have no life and all they do is spam polls all day... as well as defeat the point of the poll". If he had won let's say 30% - that would have been far more useful.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-13-2009, 11:24 PM
nt

devil21
10-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Ron Paul 's new forum is here (http://our.gop.com/forums/default.aspx)

Walk softly but carry a BIG stick! Be strong in your arguments and logic but be careful what you say. It's still the GOP's official website so you know anything questionable will immediately be forwarded to the "authorities" for investigation. It is NOT RPF.

Im going to register right now. EDIT: It's having problems. Getting failed login errors and 500 errors. Looks like it's not ready for prime time. Only a few members and posts so it's brand new.

youngbuck
10-14-2009, 12:33 AM
I signed up, but it's not letting me log in either.

DirtMcGirt
10-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Over/Under of how many RPF members come back complaining they have been banned;

The line is 7...

devil21
10-15-2009, 05:09 PM
They're already deleting threads and posts there.

I posted a great explanation of blowback in response to a question about why we should be protecting Israel. The whole thread, including my post, is POOF!

justinc.1089
10-15-2009, 05:15 PM
No offense but you weren't saying anti-Jewish zionist conspiracy Israel runs America stuff were you? Because there are a lot of those types that support Ron Paul, and well the way they go about talking about Israel just sounds nutty, and more importantly it sounds like they want to kill jews or something.

I haven't noticed any of my threads or posts deleted yet.

Matt Collins
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
See this:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=214458

Eric Arthur Blair
10-15-2009, 05:47 PM
No offense but you weren't saying anti-Jewish zionist conspiracy Israel runs America stuff were you? Because there are a lot of those types that support Ron Paul, and well the way they go about talking about Israel just sounds nutty, and more importantly it sounds like they want to kill jews or something.

but its OK to spread lies about Muslims and claim a conspiracy theory around them and then go and actually kill them, that's all cool.

teamrican1
10-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Jackie Robinson was actually very active politically. Unfortunately, that activity consisted of being an avid Nelson Rockefeller supporter and a vocal opponent of Barry Goldwater. For them to include a guy who was primarily known for his fierce opposition to the father of the modern Conservative movement tells you everything you need to know about the National GOP. Ideas and policy are irrelevant to them. If you need to put out a black face, how about Walter Williams or Clarence Thomas?

youngbuck
10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
We shouldn't go on there and act like trolls. We should actually say intelligent things that will attract people to REAL conservative/libertarian ideas, not just blatant sarcasm and stupidity.

devil21
10-15-2009, 06:15 PM

Naaa, Im not delving into any of that stuff on that forum. In a forum like that, I think we have to stoop way down to their level and talk really slowly in small words they can understand, without their eyes glazing over.

I brought up Reagan's "irrational middle eastern politics" quote about the Lebanon bombing, since I know they get hard when they see anything Reagan related. I framed it that our support for Israel makes Americans at home less safe and whether we should be thinking of our own safety before Israel's? Stuff like that. I basically wrote as RP himself would have. Today that thread is gone and my post count is down one. Just for shits and giggles, Im going to start a thread on blowback and US foreign policy and see if it gets binned. If so, then I'll know they aren't interested in any points of view other than the typical neo-con fare and it may be harder for me to not go full Fredthompsonforum mode.

Matt Collins
10-15-2009, 09:08 PM
We shouldn't go on there and act like trolls. We should actually say intelligent things that will attract people to REAL conservative/libertarian ideas, not just blatant sarcasm and stupidity.
I agree.

coyote_sprit
10-15-2009, 09:24 PM
There's a difference between engaging in discussion and spamming. A number of RP supporters were focused on the latter.

Ex. Republican debates FoxNews poll "who won the debates". Ron Paul wins 98.7%. First time it was cute, fourth time I thought "ok these guys have no life and all they do is spam polls all day... as well as defeat the point of the poll". If he had won let's say 30% - that would have been far more useful.

You could only vote once in those text messaging polls, we can't help it that we watch the news and have cell phones.

Baptist
10-15-2009, 11:14 PM
How did you guys get cool user names?

I put Grand Old Party for my screen name and username, but when I made a post on the forums it used my real (well, what I put as real) name in the threads.

youngbuck
10-16-2009, 12:55 AM
How did you guys get cool user names?

I put Grand Old Party for my screen name and username, but when I made a post on the forums it used my real (well, what I put as real) name in the threads.

Yea, I was let down too. I used "GotConstitution?," and then, as with you, it used my real name (actually fake though for the website).

Baptist
10-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Yea, I was let down too. I used "GotConstitution?," and then, as with you, it used my real name (actually fake though for the website).

Found it.

Our GOP/My Stuff/Profile.