PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham : "GOP not party of angry white guys" crowd boos, shouts "Ron Paul!"

Bruno
10-13-2009, 01:02 PM
h ttp://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/13/graham-gop-not-going-to-be-the-party-of-angry-white-guys/

(CNN) – South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham has always enjoyed a little back-and-forth with belligerent audiences.

He was at it again on Monday night as he faced down an angry town hall crowd in Greenville packed with libertarians and Tea Party activists who accused at the Republican senator of ditching conservative principles by working with Democrats on issues like climate change and voting to send Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court.

But Graham stressed a mantra he's repeated many times since his friend John McCain lost the presidential election last November — that the GOP must reach out to different constituencies, or face extinction.

"I'm not going to leave the Republican Party," Graham said when one questioned asked him why he hasn't yet joined the Democrats. "I'm going to grow it. We're not going to be the party of angry white guys."

His comments were met with a salvo of boos and shouts of "Ron Paul!"

"I love this party," he responded. "I'm not going to be let it be hijacked by Ron Paul."

Graham emphasized his conservative bona fides — particularly his record of opposing abortion rights and support of gun rights — but said GOP needs to build a broader coalition. Otherwise, he warned, those trying to purify the party will turn Congress over "to the most liberal people in the world because somebody disagrees with you."

"I'm going to find people in Maine, Delaware, Illinois and other places that can win," he said. "And I'm going to help them, and we're going to move this party and this country forward. If you don't like it, you can leave."

angelatc
10-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Apparently in his state it's the party of effeminate girly-men.

Otherwise, he warned, those trying to purify the party will turn Congress over "to the most liberal people in the world because somebody disagrees with you."

He already helped do that. What a pr*ck.

Reloaderx3
10-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Ron paul / schiff 2012!

angelatc
10-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Bruno, sorry to jack your thread, but I just found video here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=214479

catdd
10-13-2009, 01:20 PM
"the GOP must reach out to different constituencies, or face extinction."

They will willingly come to us if we set the right example. Just reaching out with more lies and deception isn't going to save the GOP.

Bruno
10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Bruno, sorry to jack your thread, but I just found video here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=214479

cool thanks!

ClayTrainor
10-13-2009, 01:53 PM
The comments on that article are just sad :(

Stary Hickory
10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
These GOPers don't get it do they? They are the problem. They need to go.

catdd
10-13-2009, 01:57 PM

Yep

Bruno
10-13-2009, 01:58 PM

I didn't read them, and think I'll avoid them now. I'll keep my good mood for the day! :)

ClayTrainor
10-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I didn't read them, and think I'll avoid them now. I'll keep my good mood for the day! :)

Definitely recommended.

It's basically a bunch of "left" leaners, favoring Graham over Paul. Sickening...

bobbyw24
10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
hijack its new website:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=214458:D

Bucjason
10-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't get it ...was the crowd booing Graham's "angry white guys" comment and cheering for Ron Paul , or were they cheering the "angry white guys" comment and calling Ron Paul one??

Bruno
10-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't get it ...was the crowd booing Graham's "angry white guys" comment and cheering for Ron Paul , or were they cheering the "angry white guys" comment and calling Ron Paul one??

My understanding was they were booing his comment, and chanting Ron Paul as a solution. I haven't yet watched the video, though, so I may just be reading what I want to read into it. :)

emazur
10-13-2009, 02:44 PM
My understanding was they were booing his comment, and chanting Ron Paul as a solution. I haven't yet watched the video, though, so I may just be reading what I want to read into it. :)

I watched about half of the video, that's what it looked like to me (one person in the crowd said Ron Paul is the only real conservative)

tajitj
10-13-2009, 02:47 PM
As if Ron Paul represents "angry white guys"

BlackTerrel
10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
As if Ron Paul represents "angry white guys"

well 2 out of 3... he's angry and a guy

JeNNiF00F00
10-13-2009, 03:40 PM
I have no clue in how this man was voted into office. I can't even stand watching YT videos with him speaking. Horrible.

JoshLowry
10-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Ron Paul 2012.

Drools...

"I'm not going to leave the Republican Party," Graham said when one questioned asked him why he hasn't yet joined the Democrats. "I'm going to grow it. We're not going to be the party of angry white guys."

His comments were met with a salvo of boos and shouts of "Ron Paul!"

I think we would have three or four times the effect as last time and a damn good chance of winning the primary.

Feenix566
10-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Graham is just as racist and collectivist as the Democrats. He thinks the GOP can win elections by trying to be more like the Democrats. He thinks we should vote for Republicans like him to keep the Democrats out of office. What would be the point? A collectivist is a collectivist, even with an "R" next to his name.

Bruno
10-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Ron Paul 2012.

Drools...

I think we would have three or four times the effect as last time and a damn good chance of winning the primary.

10% in Iowa in 2008 = 20+% in 2012. :)

mczerone
10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Didn't Graham give this same speech a couple months ago? Seems familiar to the Conservative Leadership Summit or something interaction. Or else I'm having serious deja-web.

Oh yeah: YouTube - Lindsey Graham Slams Ron Paul and Republicans With Libertarian Values (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy48BKd-1TI&feature=related)

Did he see a poll bump after his last try at this tactic, and had to do it again before primaries/local elections? Is he the GOP's bird-dog sent out to cleanse any Paulites left trying to oust the bastards in local power positions?

If working within the GOP was your thing - this speech should get you fired up to do more!

jkr
10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
leave?

maybe i will...

nobody's_hero
10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
What about angry white gals?

YouTube - Julliet Kozak gets standing O for slamming Graham, Graham slams Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH2_nb4INSU)

I wish old folks in Georgia were this compassionate against Senators Saxby and Johnny.

Vessol
10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Down with the NeoConservatives!

Long live the Libertarians!

Fr3shjive
10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Fuck him. Typical neo-con telling Ron Paul republicans and libertarians to leave when they're the first ones to jump on the tea party movement when it suits them.

Bunch of hypocrites. They're the party of of big government and we are going to take it back.

rprprs
10-13-2009, 05:16 PM
If Lindsey Graham doesn't want the GOP to be the party of angry white guys, then why does he keep doing his part to create more of them?

I'm a white guy and I'm getting angrier all the time because of fools like him.

Damn, I'm pissed! :mad:

Vessol
10-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Didn't Graham give this same speech a couple months ago? Seems familiar to the Conservative Leadership Summit or something interaction. Or else I'm having serious deja-web.

Oh yeah: YouTube - Lindsey Graham Slams Ron Paul and Republicans With Libertarian Values (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy48BKd-1TI&feature=related)

Did he see a poll bump after his last try at this tactic, and had to do it again before primaries/local elections? Is he the GOP's bird-dog sent out to cleanse any Paulites left trying to oust the bastards in local power positions?

If working within the GOP was your thing - this speech should get you fired up to do more!

It was kind of disheartening to hear the majority clapping and only a few booing..

WClint
10-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Gharm is RINO scum and really grinds my gears.

Pepsi
10-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Down with the NeoConservatives!

Long live the Libertarians!

Idaho GOP wants more NeoConservatives, thow thing's are not looking great for them. They think Idaho might become a blue State.

http://www.trishandhalli.com/2009/10/12/politics/richard-larsen-we-need-more-neoconservatives/

http://www.trishandhalli.com/2009/10/12/politics/larry-lyon-the-case-for-republican-party-endorsement-of-city-candidates/

Dunedain
10-13-2009, 06:08 PM
There is that "white guilt" message being spread again.

ANGRY white guys. Why are we only recognized as white when it's linked to another nasty word? Why are we never the Noble White Men, or the Strong White People....it's always Pasty Faced White Guy, angry bald white haters.

Vessol
10-13-2009, 06:12 PM

ANGRY white guys. Why are we only recognized as white when it's linked to another nasty word? Why are we never the Noble White Men, or the Strong White People....it's always Pasty Faced White Guy, angry bald white haters.

Why does it matter?

Both of the terms are retarded. Angry white guys and noble white men. Both equally retarded.

Dunedain
10-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Why does it matter?

Both of the terms are retarded. Angry white guys and noble white men. Both equally retarded.

They used the term so I'm pointing it out. It's racially demeaning to me and thousands of other people like me and it is it demeaning to the Ron Paul movement.

JK/SEA
10-13-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm an angry white cracker...

Don't Tread On Me.

Vessol
10-13-2009, 06:49 PM
They used the term so I'm pointing it out. It's racially demeaning to me and thousands of other people like me and it is it demeaning to the Ron Paul movement.

Why did you have to bring up "Noble White Men". Who the fuck gives a shit about the amount of melatonin in one's skin.

And how is it demeaning to the Ron Paul movement. Did I miss the memo that said we're all white people?

FunkBuddha
10-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't want to read through 4 pages of posts about Loser Graham but I wanted to make sure that it's on the record in this thread that he's a giant douche bag.

xd9fan
10-13-2009, 07:30 PM
We need to get him and McInsane out of the party

Dunedain
10-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Why did you have to bring up "Noble White Men". Who the fuck gives a shit about the amount of melatonin in one's skin.

Why did the author have to bring up angry white males? Apparently the person who wrote the article cares a lot about race. Where is your righteous anger about that?

Dianne
10-13-2009, 09:17 PM
I strongly believe the demo's were smart enough to take over the republican party by running dems for gop slots.. Really would you have ever thought in your lifetime gop candidates would be ******s like graham, specter? Those guys have not one ounce of gop blood in them... McCain? These guys are a joke, and when they are caught, they go "uh oh" switching to other party now, lolol...

Dreamofunity
10-13-2009, 09:43 PM
How do these jackasses get elected to public office?

BlackTerrel
10-13-2009, 09:45 PM

Are you angry because you are white or angry because you are bald?

Once you start balding just shave it all off. Hair can look good, and bald can look good - but no woman is ever attracted to the balding look. Trust me - go completely bald - you will be far less angry.

Vessol
10-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Why did the author have to bring up angry white males? Apparently the person who wrote the article cares a lot about race. Where is your righteous anger about that?

Don't fight fire with fire.

Fr3shjive
10-13-2009, 09:55 PM
^I dont frequent these forum too often but every time I do come here it seems he's complaining about race.

For somebody who claims to be a libertarian you sure like to play the race card often.

Vessol
10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
^I dont frequent these forum too often but every time I do come here it seems he's complaining about race.

For somebody who claims to be a libertarian you sure like to play the race card often.

I just looked at his past posts.

A good majority of his posts are centered on ethnicity.

Either a troll or a bigot.

Bruno
10-13-2009, 10:23 PM
trigot

South Park Fan
10-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Lindsey Graham is truly a fucking idiot.

angelatc
10-13-2009, 11:15 PM
http://www.takimag.com/sniperstower/article/lindsey_graham_i_wont_let_ron_paul_hijack_gop/

Jack Hunter has a different video, too.

RM918
10-14-2009, 02:50 AM
Are you angry because you are white or angry because you are bald?

Once you start balding just shave it all off. Hair can look good, and bald can look good - but no woman is ever attracted to the balding look. Trust me - go completely bald - you will be far less angry.

And be forever deemed with the nickname, 'Cueball'?

Dunedain
10-14-2009, 01:29 PM
The liberty movement is primarily an ethno-political movement. You can wish it wasn't but the empirical evidence is impossible to rationally deny. This is why support is almost non-existent by minorities generally. Just look at the footage from the tea parties. I don't shy away from ethno-politics or consider it taboo - it is done all the time by all ethnic groups.

And this is why we hate Lindsey Graham's statement so much because it is true (except for the "guys" part of her statement because a huge number of liberty minded people are women) and it makes people hate themselves.

silverhandorder
10-14-2009, 01:37 PM
I have to agree with Dunedain, Vessol you jumped on him for basically pointing out racism. You got to control that kneejerk.

1000-points-of-fright
10-14-2009, 01:49 PM
And be forever deemed with the nickname, 'Cueball'?

A guy I work with calls me "cue ball". I call him "milk dud"... his head is shaved and he's black.

It's kind of our thing.

ClayTrainor
10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
A guy I work with calls me "cue ball". I call him "milk dud"... his head is shaved and he's black.

It's kind of our thing.

LOL!

That's hilarious

cheapseats
10-14-2009, 01:57 PM
l

SOME CLOSET QUEENS ARE WAR MONGERS
METHINKS THEY DOST PROTEST TOO MUCH

l

Feenix566
10-14-2009, 01:59 PM
The liberty movement is primarily an ethno-political movement. You can wish it wasn't but the empirical evidence is impossible to rationally deny. This is why support is almost non-existent by minorities generally. Just look at the footage from the tea parties. I don't shy away from ethno-politics or consider it taboo - it is done all the time by all ethnic groups.

And this is why we hate Lindsey Graham's statement so much because it is true (except for the "guys" part of her statement because a huge number of liberty minded people are women) and it makes people hate themselves.

Yeah.. OR maybe minorities don't listen to Glenn Beck or subscribe to the FreedomWorks email list. So they didn't know about the tea parties or what they stood for. And they still don't know what the tea party movement is about. The mainstream media can't figure it out, so they sure as hell aren't going to find out what it's about by watching the news.

During Ron Paul's campaign, he had supporters from all genders, religions, ethnicities, and walks of life showing up at his events. The Republican debates gave him a platform from which to express his ideals, and a lot of people heard him.

Dunedain
10-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah.. OR maybe minorities don't listen to Glenn Beck or subscribe to the FreedomWorks email list. So they didn't know about the tea parties or what they stood for. And they still don't know what the tea party movement is about. The mainstream media can't figure it out, so they sure as hell aren't going to find out what it's about by watching the news.

That could be as well. MOST people don't go to tea parties. Whatever the reason, the liberty movement is the most UNDIVERSE political movement in the U.S. I've seen it with my own eyes. I went to Iowa and met Ron Paul himself...almost no diversity. Same as the tea party in Troy, Michigan where loads of minorities live.

During Ron Paul's campaign, he had supporters from all genders, religions, ethnicities, and walks of life showing up at his events. The Republican debates gave him a platform from which to express his ideals, and a lot of people heard him.

You could say the same about the NAACP. They have supporters from all backgrounds. A white man heads the organization after all, Ben Jealous (more maybe he is Jewish, I'm not sure). But let's be honest. The character of the NAACP as a whole is African-American. There are some crazy self-hating white people who show up to their rallies in support, like you get the odd black person in the liberty movement...but the primary thrust of these organizations is ethno-centric for their own interest group.

silverhandorder
10-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Liberty movement is not ethnocentric. There are many factors that lead to little diversity. Ethnicity is hardly one of the top. I would say tradition of liberty in white population is getting the turn out to be so big. 92% of blacks voted for Obama. It's not hard to extrapolate that to why we see so many whites and not enough blacks at our rallies.

JeNNiF00F00
10-14-2009, 02:47 PM

It's kind of our thing.

LOL thanks for giving me a good laugh! :D:D

A. Havnes
10-14-2009, 02:49 PM

I can't believe these idiots! To be honest, a lot of the commentors really don't like him, however, others are like these morons.

"Right on Lindsey Graham!. Thank you for having the guts to stand up! I am a d Democrate ,but the party of Abramham Lincoln and his principals need to be protected. We need two viable partiesn not this out of control ideology."

"Mr. Graham is right and I believe him. He does not represent the angry white guys. Unfortunately, Mr. Graham is one of the only handful guys who are not angry in his party. What is he going to do to help his party grows with the least angry guys?"

"Senator Graham is one voice of reason in the Republican Party and has my respect for taking on the fringe element of that party. I am a President Obama supporter, and I find Senator Graham a gentleman in the way he speaks and refers to his President."

"My homeboy LIndsey gives me HOPE! And he's right…..too many republicans have lost their way! It is 2009 not 1809! America is a much different place and either you're on board or you get left behind! This train is moving and fast…….."

"S.C. Senator Graham is a true "compassionate conservative" but with the fight of a George Wallace and Nelson Rockefeller combined. Although Republican extremist cannot immediately see it, Graham is the best antidote to Barack Obama's presidency. Graham is politically strong, articulate, thoughtful, independent minded, and a staunch "family-values" GOP conservative (unlike Nevada Sen. John Ensign, or Louisiana Sen. David Vitter). "

At least this guy knows Ron Paul's positions, I would assume:

""I love this party," he responded. "I'm not going to be let it be hijacked by Ron Paul."

I love that comment. The truth is, if these teabaggers and so called conservatives believed one thing that comes out of their own mouths they would have voted for Ron Paul. He, as crazy as he is, at least can back up his craziness by the way he's voted. Graham and the rest of the Republicans are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. That's why when they constantly scream about deficits I ignore them.

And alienating women, Hispanics, Black people, and gays pretty much leaves you with a party of "angry white guys"."

Best comments:

"Ha ha ha, the problem is not that the GOP has been hijacked by Ron Paul – he's actually a smart and honest man, the problem is that they've been hijacked by Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, the Cheneys, and the Fox propaganda network. The Dark Ages way of (non)-thinking has set in, so good luck Lindsey. These people don't even want to hear anything that upsets their idea of reality, facts or not."

"Political parties are not supposed "to grow." They are supposed to stand for certain values and principles that are NEVER to be compromised just for the sake of winning votes. I would much rather be a member of a minority party that loses, than a party that wins, yet does not stand for anything but winning elections.

I wish Graham would do the republican party a big favor and leave it. He is pro-criminal, pro-illegal alien, and pro-wreckless government spending. The repubican party needs to cleanse itself of politicians like him before it becomes watered-down to the point of being completely irrelevant."

1836er
10-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Ha ha. Glenn Beck just put the mugshot of Lindsay Graham up on his trusty chalkboard with Obama and the rest of the socialists.