PDA

View Full Version : FLASH on Drudge - Fred Thompson raises $8M

K1RBY
10-01-2007, 08:17 AM
link from drudge report:

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/10/thompson_raised_8m_in_third_qu.php

LizF
10-01-2007, 08:20 AM
lol...jinx! :p ==> http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21445

K1RBY
10-01-2007, 08:23 AM
now lets see if Matt posts RPs numbers....

KramerDSP
10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Drudge is pissing me off now...

After I realized that the media was full of it (2002 ish), I started going through multiple sites to see how they each reported the same story, and Drudge has often been a springboard for me in regard to breaking news items. It is interesting to see how different editors phrase headlines and so forth.

Well, I have noticed that Drudge s posts to political news tends to go to politico.com, and the one he posted about fred getting 8 million resulted in a very long comment discussion between RP fans and everybody else, who by the way, continue to hurl nothing but insults at him and and his supporters (I could count 'legitimate' concerns on one hand). They continue to say that we are spamming these sites, but neglect to mention why Hillary or Obama or Rudy supporters are not doing the same.

Anyways, I was hoping to see more comments on that thread due to the traffic it was receiving from Drudge, but it was removed from his site. I can't help but feel like he himself is trying to distance himself from RP as much as possible for whatever reasons.

allyinoh
10-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Drudge for the last few weeks has had a guy from politico.com on his radio program.

Drudge says he likes RP but never covers him? Drudge is all about the clicks so I guess even if he did support RP he feels RP wouldn't get clicks?

I have listened to drudge for the past 4 years but since the whole presidential run has started I have liked him less and less.

He is going off the air anyway, will still have the site. I just think if you liked Ron Paul you would cover him more.

Boo on Drudge! =(

KramerDSP
10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Drudge has said he liked Ron Paul ? Oh yeah, I remember seeing that. That makes it all the more baffling. I wonder if all the "closet" Ron Paul fans are waiting to simultaneously strike at the same time in outing themselves for real. It just seems like Buchanan is being careful, Tucker is being careful, and Drudge is being careful. I really don't know what to make of all this.

allyinoh
10-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah Drudge said that Ron Paul supports all the things that are dear to him like the whole privacy issue, etc. He never endorsed him, but said he likes him.

It was during the time where Drudge was getting bombarded by Paulites asking him why he doesn't cover him more. Drudge said that he liked him, but like I said, Drudge covers the stories that will get him the most clicks so he obviously doesn't think RP will get him the clicks.

Richie
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
He is going off the air anyway, will still have the site.

Drudge is going off the air? When?

steph3n
10-01-2007, 04:36 PM
If RP won't get the clicks then why are so many underground sites having RP news? :D

Why is ronpaul one of most searched terms? No, in fact the answer is money again, he thinks if he said too much good on Paul he'd have a loss of advertisers.