PDA

View Full Version : Palin and Paul: NY Sun Editorial

bobbyw24
10-12-2009, 07:10 AM
So Mrs. Palin’s comments suggest she’s savvier than many give her credit for being. No sooner did she issue her warning about the dollar than Reuters found a number of Republicans declaring she was right. The coming seasons will be a time to keep in mind that the worry is less how the dollar compares to other scrip, no matter which government is printing it. The indicator to watch is the price of gold. To those who say one can’t have strong growth and a robust economy while the dollar is strengthening in terms of gold, we would commend a closer look at the Reagan years and even the Clinton years that were powered by Reagan’s great supply-side reforms. It is true that the only politician who has been campaigning on this issue, Ron Paul, failed to prosper at the polls. We would argue that had less to do with his monetary policy than other issues, the war among them, on which he has been in error. But maybe he should have been a bidder for that famous lunch with the former Alaska governor. We’re not ready to make endorsements, but Palin and Paul could make a whale of a ticket.

. . .

http://www.nysun.com/editorials/palin-and-paul/86882/

specsaregood
10-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Ron Paul, failed to prosper at the polls. We would argue that had less to do with his monetary policy than other issues, the war among them, on which he has been in error.

Just because you (the author) say it is true, doesn't make it true. In fact, anybody that claims to agree with him on monetary policy and disagree with him on the war obviously doesn't understand his monetary policy at all. Morans!

But maybe he should have been a bidder for that famous lunch with the former Alaska governor.
No, I would say the opposite should be the case.

angelatc
10-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Lol @ "morans."

Slightly ill at "Palin/Paul."

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-12-2009, 08:17 AM
http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/pumpkin-puke.jpg

lester1/2jr
10-12-2009, 08:56 AM
I thought the nysun went under

johnrocks
10-12-2009, 08:59 AM
I must be blind because the only "Paul" I saw in that editorial was Paul Volcker.

bobbyw24
10-12-2009, 09:01 AM
It is true that the only politician who has been campaigning on this issue, Ron Paul, failed to prosper at the polls.

Krugerrand
10-12-2009, 09:25 AM
No, I would say the opposite should be the case.

Palin sure could benefit from some private time with Ron Paul. The Palin supporters of the world should hope for a GOP presidency that could appoint her to a position where she could re-establish herself.

I wouldn't vote for Palin ... but I haven't given up all hope on her. Anybody that joins a McCain ticket (and other issues) needs to prove herself all over again. President of the US isn't that proving ground.

ctiger2
10-12-2009, 09:33 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens politically once we experience the currency crisis Ron Paul's been speaking of for years and spoke of during the 2008 presidential campaign. IIRC he was the only one who was talking about this stuff. I still don't think people will give him the credit he's due though. Too many sheeple are asleep. Baaaa!

All Palin has to do is Parrot what Ron Pauls been saying and the sheeple will think she's a prophet. Baaaaa!

catdd
10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
"We would argue that had less to do with his monetary policy than other issues, the war among them, on which he has been in error."

So he's saying that if Ron Paul changed his position on war, he and Palin would make a whale of a ticket.

specsaregood
10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
"We would argue that had less to do with his monetary policy than other issues, the war among them, on which he has been in error."

So he's saying that if Ron Paul changed his position on war, he and Palin would make a whale of a ticket.

The thing is, if you listen carefully the Republicans are beginning to move in the direction of becoming the anti-war party. They won't admit they were "wrong"; but rather from the argument that the wars are being mismanaged and that we should leave because we aren't doing the job correctly. Watch for it, its coming. As RP said, the anti-war candidate always wins. By the next full election cycle, the republicans will be the anti-war party.

angelatc
10-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't vote for Palin ... but I haven't given up all hope on her. Anybody that joins a McCain ticket (and other issues) needs to prove herself all over again. President of the US isn't that proving ground.

That's not why I lost faith. I would have joined the McCain ticket if it meant it improved my chances of being President or getting my message out on a bigger scale.

I lost faith when she couldn't answer a question about what papers she reads, and when I saw that the size of government in Alaska grew under her watch.

akforme
10-12-2009, 10:37 AM
That's not why I lost faith. I would have joined the McCain ticket if it meant it improved my chances of being President or getting my message out on a bigger scale.

I lost faith when she couldn't answer a question about what papers she reads, and when I saw that the size of government in Alaska grew under her watch.

I lost faith in her when she let the state database all our presription drug purchaes and increased the budget every year.

I also lost faith when she quit, what's her campaign going to look like,
Palin 2012 - 2014 1/2.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Does anyone really think Sarah Palin is going to be our nation's next President? She currently polls third or fourth in the republican primary. This early, that is pretty meaningless. But to me it does show she isn't as popular with the republican party's primary voters as a whole as she is sometimes portrayed.

Palin has less experience holding high elected office than Obama in 2008 when the republicans were attacking him on lack of experience. She is erratic, dogged by scandal, not cared for much by independents and a quitter of her Governship halfway through her first and only term so she can make money selling books and speeches.

Reloaderx3
10-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Fox news polls that is... F U FRANK!

Krugerrand
10-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Does anyone really think Sarah Palin is going to be our nation's next President?

I don't. Although, I could see her popping up in election cycles for a long time. Her current resume won't get her anywhere. So, it comes down to what she does between now and then.

I hope she does mend her flaws. That said, I hope Bill Clinton mends his flaws, too. I'd like to see Bush admit that the wars, NCLB, drugs for seniors, and the patriot act were all mistakes. I just won't hold my breath while I wait.

Brian4Liberty
10-12-2009, 11:40 AM
The leftists would love Palin to run again. She was completely marginalized, and they would love to do it all over again.

libertarian4321
10-13-2009, 03:46 AM
I lost faith in her when she let the state database all our presription drug purchaes and increased the budget every year.

I also lost faith when she quit, what's her campaign going to look like,
Palin 2012 - 2014 1/2.

There are so many reasons to have no faith in Palin that it's hard to pick just a couple.

libertarian4321
10-13-2009, 03:49 AM
Palin has less experience holding high elected office than Obama in 2008 when the republicans were attacking him on lack of experience. She is erratic, dogged by scandal, not cared for much by independents and a quitter of her Governship halfway through her first and only term so she can make money selling books and speeches.

She also comes off as not being very bright, which doesn't help. Watching her stumble and stammer through those interviews last year was shocking.

Can you imagine how much fun Saturday Night Live and all the late night guys would have with a Palin Presidency?