PDA

View Full Version : Why are liberals so hysterical about swine flu?

Howard_Roark
10-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I know someone who is very liberal, that always gets caught up in earth quakes, tsunamis, rising tides, global waming hysteria ect and now I see the latest thing is swine flu. I don't care about any of the aforementioned items, but can someone please explain to me why it is liberals get so caught up in this stuff?

MelissaWV
10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
People get so caught up in disasters because it's in our nature to mark the strange and tragic. How people deal with it varies.

Some people use it as an opportunity to cling to Government and assume only the Gov could save them if something like that ever happened to them. Oh how awful! Vaccinate us! Save us!

Those people seldom stop to think about what it is, exactly, they need saving from, and whether or not they'd be better off saving themselves.

Bucjason
10-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Because Liberals are governed by emotion , not logic and common sense.

AdamT
10-12-2009, 08:04 AM
They think the govt is there to protect & save them.

awake
10-12-2009, 08:18 AM
They think the govt is there to protect & save them.

Bingo, the government has become the artificial god of man. He goes to it for every injustice never realizing that the injustice first emanated from it. Like the victim of an abuser, returning in hope; the abuse continues under the promise of change.

BenIsForRon
10-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Insert broad generalization here

JeNNiF00F00
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
this is a collectivist statement. I have been concerned over the swine flu, but I am in no way a liberal. Possibly you mean the shot?

Reloaderx3
10-12-2009, 10:55 AM
It's not so much the swine flu, that is just what the media trys to scare people with . Liberals are more concerned with the fact the government can inact Martial Law to give us a shot and enforce it because they tell us we need it. Another great Bush bill from 06 YAY!

This is not the first time they have made a swine flu scare it was also done back in the 70's