PDA

View Full Version : Libertyfest -what do you think?

BillyDkid
10-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Okay, does this sound stupid to you? I with in the horribly depressed backwaters of central NY State where half the population lives hand to mouth. Every year in my little town they have a County Fair, a blues fest, some collector car shows and an arts fest at the fair grounds. That's about it for this area. If you are not from NY you may realize that there is a tremendous disconnect between downstate and upstate. NY is thought of as a "blue state" through and through, but the mentality upstate is completely different from downstaters. We are looked at as rednecks and hillbillys, for the most part. I was thinking - jeeze, it would be great to have a liberty fest here at the fair grounds, with our some our liberty minded heroes as speakers and with booths for liberty minded organizations and types of businesses.

It seems to me that people around here would come in droves (being held hostage to least free state government in the entire country as well as to Albany and NY City.) and it would be a great things to have folks come from all over to hear and promote the message of liberty. I'm thinking stuff for bikers and survivalist types and gun nuts (I say affectionately) and anti-prohibitionists and so on. I'm thinking this is the perfect place for something like this precisely because it is rural and deeply depressed. My own motives are fairly selfish - I would like get to meet all the guys that I have been reading and watching for years.

I mentioned to Rachel that it would be great if she could talk Dr. Paul into visiting central NY sometime - that he has a lot of admirers her and we upstaters are ignored by everybody. She said she'd see what she could do. This would be perfect for having Dr. Paul come speak as well as a who's who of liberty advocates. Is this a stupid pipe dream of an idea? I really have no idea where to start except to ask some folks if they would come speak at such an event. My idea would be to charge a nominal fee for tickets - just enough to cover the costs. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Be gentle with me. thanks, BDK

Bucjason
10-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Will there be free beer ?? If so count me in !

LibertyEagle
10-12-2009, 07:10 AM
Will there be free beer ?? If so count me in !

Free?

Who do you expect to pay for your beer?

Bucjason
10-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Free?

Who do you expect to pay for your beer?

add it to the deficit , of course !! Duh! :D